All things Universal Studios Hollywood

SuddenStorm

The Fast and Furious tram tour finale was one of the worst executed, most confusing things I've seen.

If the whole premise for the tour is "Here's how we make movies and where we shoot them", ending it with "Oh look! It's Fast and the Furious!", but treating it as if it's real was weird. Not to mention how ridiculously corny and staged the whole thing was, and how a slow moving tram isn't really the most convincing vehicle for a "fast" experience.

shortstop

To me, the worst part of Uni’s rides isn’t just the cheesy effects, screens, or corny plot lines, but also how LOUD some of those rides are. A day at IOA in Orlando nearly left my eardrums punctured.

shortstop

Hmmm, better get used to screens. Millenium Falcon ride is a simulator with screens, MMRR is all screens, the Ant man ride had several screens and I bet Spiderman does too. WDW is getting Ratatouille which is screens, Avatar is mostly screens so I'm not sure why Disney gets a pass on this.
Many consider Antman, Ratatouille, and Navi River Journey to be underwhelming, so I wouldn’t say anyone is giving Disney a free pass. The difference is Disney has a healthier balance of non screen-based attractions. Even at USH, they’re taking the only truly immersive ride (JP) and adding screens to it. Universal has great rides on both coasts, but saying they are overreliant on screens is absolutely a fair criticism.

Disneyhead'71

Might as well just watch the rides on your mobile device.
Same with Flight of Passage.

Many consider Antman, Ratatouille, and Navi River Journey to be underwhelming, so I wouldn’t say anyone is giving Disney a free pass. The difference is Disney has a healthier balance of non screen-based attractions. Even at USH, they’re taking the only truly immersive ride (JP) and adding screens to it. Universal has great rides on both coasts, but saying they are overreliant on screens is absolutely a fair criticism.
I have more issues with Disney's overreliance on slow moving rides through animated wax museums.

shortstop

Same with Flight of Passage.

I have more issues with Disney's overreliance on slow moving rides through animated wax museums.
I had to know you would come out of nowhere to defend Uni, even on the DL forum. I’ll take the slow moving rides through animated wax museums 7 days a week.

But like I’ve said, I do enjoy Uni’s rides overall.

Evilgidgit

The Fast and Furious tram tour finale was one of the worst executed, most confusing things I've seen.

If the whole premise for the tour is "Here's how we make movies and where we shoot them", ending it with "Oh look! It's Fast and the Furious!", but treating it as if it's real was weird. Not to mention how ridiculously corny and staged the whole thing was, and how a slow moving tram isn't really the most convincing vehicle for a "fast" experience.

I agree entirely. You go on a tour through this historic film lot, go through some of the greatest filmmakers have walked, passing by sets from Psycho and Back to the Future, tributes to classic films, that epic plane crash set from War of the Worlds, the earthquake simulation, and then the finale is a cheap simulation through...Fast and the Furious.

Disneyhead'71

I had to know you would come out of nowhere to defend Uni, even on the DL forum. I’ll take the slow moving rides through animated wax museums 7 days a week.

But like I’ve said, I do enjoy Uni’s rides overall.
I think both companies have gone too far down singular paths, and both are in the process of course corrections. Disney is building 2 roller coasters for visceral experiences, and Universal has an AA filled highly themed coaster in Orlando and an AA filled omnimover in Hollywood coming. I do think the balance of experiences, particularly at USF, is too heavily reliant on screen based attractions. Not that any of the screen based attractions are bad, except Fast and Furious. The overall experience is too homogeneous

shortstop

I think both companies have gone too far down singular paths, and both are in the process of course corrections. Disney is building 2 roller coasters for visceral experiences, and Universal has an AA filled highly themed coaster in Orlando and an AA filled omnimover in Hollywood coming. I do think the balance of experiences, particularly at USF, is too heavily reliant on screen based attractions. Not that any of the screen based attractions are bad, except Fast and Furious. The overall experience is too homogeneous
I agree with that. The Potter coaster should be a huge gain for IOA. It’s all about a balanced slate of experiences.

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

OOJBRMMDONHCVMHOCEQ6HHXIKM.jpg
this will always be more impressive than any screen. I bet they are going to have you put on 3d glasses also. yuck

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom