All things Universal Studios Hollywood

truecoat

If it makes you feel better, I am 23, which according to wikipedia, makes me a zoomer.

200.gif

DCBaker

Premium Member
Opening date announced for Super Nintendo World -

"America’s first Super Nintendo World themed land will let Universal Studios Hollywood visitors climb behind the wheel of a life-size Mario Kart race car and step inside a real-world version of a video game filled with interactive piranha plants, thwomps and question mark boxes.

Super Nintendo World will debut Feb. 17 at Universal Studios Hollywood, the movie theme park announced on Wednesday, Dec. 14."

Slpy3270

Opening date announced for Super Nintendo World -

"America’s first Super Nintendo World themed land will let Universal Studios Hollywood visitors climb behind the wheel of a life-size Mario Kart race car and step inside a real-world version of a video game filled with interactive piranha plants, thwomps and question mark boxes.

Super Nintendo World will debut Feb. 17 at Universal Studios Hollywood, the movie theme park announced on Wednesday, Dec. 14."

Less than two months before the Super Mario Bros. movie. Not a coincidence.

GiveMeTheMusic

Less than two months before the Super Mario Bros. movie. Not a coincidence.

It was supposed to open originally in 2021. They planned to announce it at the hard ticket Peacock launch party in March 2020, and well know how that went. This is truly a happy coincidence for Uni, not something that was master planned from the beginning.

mickEblu

I’m glad to see they’re presenting the MK ride as another interactive experience within the entire land rather than the main reason to go, and even give a brief glimpse of what to expect from it. Good decision to present the entire land as the star.

I agree. The land is the star. If Super Nintendo Land wasn’t as fun/ whimsical it would be like going to Galaxies Edge in 2019 when Smugglers Run was the headliner. Except this time it’s forever.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
It was supposed to open originally in 2021. They planned to announce it at the hard ticket Peacock launch party in March 2020, and well know how that went. This is truly a happy coincidence for Uni, not something that was master planned from the beginning.
Totally…

Disney will have something BETTER opening up in California adventure soon…

…11-17 years…max

mickEblu

When it comes to time I have to describe everything to my son in days as he doesn’t really grasp the concept of months yet. The things swirling around in his first grade mind right now…

Christmas - 11 Days
MMMR - 44 days
Super Nintendo Land - 65 Days
Super Mario movie - 120 days ish
Disney Cruise - 125 days

mickEblu

That land still sucks…hopefully Comcast is aware of that and is building better?

Have you been? It at least looks colorful and whimsical. The restaurant looks fun. More fun than the Maersk Tavern in GE for sure. Not sure if it’s enough to compensate for a lackluster ride though. Also looks small and cramped.

I wouldn’t be surprised to see a Donkey Kong expansion on the lower lot in a few years.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Have you been? It at least looks colorful and whimsical. The restaurant looks fun. More fun than the Maersk Tavern in GE for sure. Not sure if it’s enough to compensate for a lackluster ride though. Also looks small and cramped.

I wouldn’t be surprised to see a Donkey Kong expansion on the lower lot in a few years.
Sorry…I was talking about “Lack of Imagination’s Edge” 😎

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom