All things Universal Studios Hollywood

Nirya

Question to anyone who has done Horror Nights this year: how are the lines? When I went in 2019 the lines were so bad we bought the midnight front of the line deal after one wait in line, and we’re wondering if it’s still bad and just buying the front of the line pass now would be a better choice.

BuzzedPotatoHead89

Question to anyone who has done Horror Nights this year: how are the lines? When I went in 2019 the lines were so bad we bought the midnight front of the line deal after one wait in line, and we’re wondering if it’s still bad and just buying the front of the line pass now would be a better choice.
The lines weren’t great but they were generally a bit overinflated. Went on Thursday. Haunting of Hill House and exorcist were longest at roughly an hour each, even though they were posted at 90.

I just wish Universal would do a better job with crowd control more generally. Even the lines for food were painfully slow and if you don’t know ahead of time you need to plan your day around several attractions closing early (at roughly 11:30), including Terror Tram, Jurassic World, and Forbidden Journey. None of which is accessible in the app.

Nirya

The lines weren’t great but they were generally a bit overinflated. Went on Thursday. Haunting of Hill House and exorcist were longest at roughly an hour each, even though they were posted at 90.

I just wish Universal would do a better job with crowd control more generally. Even the lines for food were painfully slow and if you don’t know ahead of time you need to plan your day around several attractions closing early (at roughly 11:30), including Terror Tram, Jurassic World, and Forbidden Journey. None of which is accessible in the app.
Ok the rides closing early thing is good to know, since I assumed it was like Knotts and everything was just open the entire time.

PostScott

typically if you're just gonna go for one night then I'd recommend the express pass because it takes all of the stress and planning out of the equation but its costly. The lines this year aren't necessarily bad but I've seen them go up to about 3 hours at the peak time of the night on Saturdays for Exorcist and Hill House. Thursdays and Sundays are the best days to go. If you want a tried and true plan to get to all the mazes if you aren't getting the front of the line pass, then I'd say arrive at the turnstiles a little before 5 and head straight to Exorcist and then Texas Chainsaw. The Curious George parking lot mazes open at 7 but they begin to let people head over to that area between 6:50-55. You have to make sure though that you're at the front of the huge group of people that will be waiting to head down there. Hill House always gets a huge line right when it opens but Pandora takes some time to fill up. Do Hill house then Pandora and then head back to the upper lot to do Halloween, then terror tram (it sucks this year btw). After that, Bride of Frankenstein is always a super short wait even if the park is packed. It typically gets below a 30 min wait until like 10ish. Then walking dead and that's all the mazes for ya. The biggest catch though is to arrive at the entrances to Hogsmeade by 6:40 to wait to go down to Hill House and being one of the first in line for it. If you arrive in the back of the huge group (it should be backed up way into the walkway) then it'll set up back. Also, ppl really fast walkthrough Hogsmeade to the mazes so keep that in mind.

But if you have the express pass then just do whatever lol.

I've been able to do everything without one on multiple nights though. Just make sure that Exorcist doesn't take long because even though you may think you're near the front of the line, if the soundstage part of the queue is filled when you get in and completely stopped, it'll take you no less than 30 mins to get through. So make sure you're in the front of the pack for exorcist and when heading down to Hill House/ Pandoras Box and the night should go perfectly (unless it doesn't then I'm sorry lol)

Also, I'd like to take a sec to say that vaping and weed have become a huge problem at the event, and idk why. Back in previous years and even in 2019 it was never that bad. Yeah you'd see the occasional blow of smoke into the sky and the smell of weed walking by but this year it's literally everywhere. I thought drunk crazy adults were a problem but I'd rather deal with someone drunk accidentally bumping into me than smelling weed the whole night and getting the smell on my clothes. Other people's experience at the event might be different from mine but I've gone a lot this year so far and every night has been the same. Seriously, Universal needs to fix this.

BuzzedPotatoHead89

Also, I'd like to take a sec to say that vaping and weed have become a huge problem at the event, and idk why. Back in previous years and even in 2019 it was never that bad. Yeah you'd see the occasional blow of smoke into the sky and the smell of weed walking by but this year it's literally everywhere.
Second this. One Universal team member did yell at a guest in the Hill House queue who just refused to listen… I wouldn’t normally even care, but with the county mask mandate supposedly being enforced and many of the queues being simple crossover switchbacks with no social distancing at all having smoke blown in my face on at least a half a dozen occasions was less than a welcome feeling to contend with.

truecoat

Saw this on Twitter today.

Uni.jpg

socalifornian

Same with Six Flags. I don’t know about Cedar Fair, but you don’t have to go through several screens to access the tickets for Magic Mountain. The button on the home page takes you right to it. Disney and USH still aren’t there yet

Phroobar

Same with Six Flags. I don’t know about Cedar Fair, but you don’t have to go through several screens to access the tickets for Magic Mountain. The button on the home page takes you right to it. Disney and USH still aren’t there yet
Cedar Fair, you just click on the "ME" button on the button. It lists out all the tickets for your party and tells how many times you visited that year.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom