All things Magic Mountain

SplashGhost

I found it very rough when I rode it 5 or 6 years ago. Cant remember what section of the vehicle I was in

After the refurb it had in early 2019, it is much smoother now. I'm not sure what the smoothest seat is, but it usually doesn't have a long line for the front seat, so I would suggest sitting there.

PostScott

After the refurb it had in early 2019, it is much smoother now. I'm not sure what the smoothest seat is, but it usually doesn't have a long line for the front seat, so I would suggest sitting there.
i always sit in the front car so maybe that has something to do with it.
Smoothest seat is like the 4th or 5th row. The front hits the elements first so it rattles the front car and the back seat just whips through all the elements, which you'd think would be fun but it isnt.

PiratesMansion

Talk about a ride that opened and no one cared.

I remember there being some hype around Twisted Colossus. But West Coast Racers? 😴😴😴
Part of it is on them for when it opened (January 2020, only months before shutdown) and part of it is that it was designed to be more of a family ride.

Maybe more people go to Magic Mountain during the offseason than I expect, but it's important to keep in mind that unless they went at that roughly two month period the ride was open, hardly anyone's ridden the thing. The ride basically wasn't open during any of the traditional busy periods, save for perhaps a bit of Spring Break. But it also wasn't designed to blow people's minds in the way that Twisted Colossus was, since it's targeting a very different demographic.

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
My first thought that it wouldn't be the coasters. Just the simple flat rides that they have.
Couldn't they just stagger the rows (for distancing) and then wipe down the rails and shoulder harnesses with disinfecting wipes or sprays between loads? It would diminish the hourly capacity, but the park would be open at like 25% capacity anyway.

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
Which I’d still be ecstatic with considering a week ago I didn’t see theme parks opening until 2022 if we re going by the tier system.
This is a quick and dirty grab from Google:

1614017165595.png

Seems like the daily cases has been steadily going down over the last 30 days (and it's still winter). Barring any more major surges, I'm fairly optimistic. 🤞

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom