All things Magic Mountain

truecoat

6fa6dbe408090cbcb3d84ea965af5216.jpg
a3345543dd9f4bd498a6c160c4f03785.jpg
jxpxjjgwyej01.jpg

That was one of my favorites at Six Flags Over Texas.

Phroobar

Original Poster
Did I ever tell you the time when I forgot to buckle the seatbelt on Riddler's Revenge? The employees missed it too. I panicked when I noticed it on the lift hill as I put it in place. Scary! I wonder if it would have affected the ride? I could just see myself hanging on for dear life going through all of those loops.

Phroobar

Original Poster
Magic Mountain's Metro. I never got to ride this. I was told, "Oh they have that Disneyland. We'll ride it there." My parents were weird.

1586526132255.jpeg

The Metro loading station in 2019 until they finally tore it down for Crazanity.

dkhkrt8agfvy.jpg

Darkbeer1

Spinout always seemed like a holdout from the lost era of rides. Seems like it graduated from the same school that produced rides like these (especially the one at about :22, and featured in the thumbnail preview).

Belmont Park in San Diego had the turntable at the end of its fun house. I loved it, and was very good to remain on it until the highest speed. (I had a lot of practice.) That was late 1960's to early 1970's, when the full park closed down.

NobodyElse

Belmont Park in San Diego had the turntable at the end of its fun house. I loved it, and was very good to remain on it until the highest speed. (I had a lot of practice.) That was late 1960's to early 1970's, when the full park closed down.

Very cool. Sadly, I never made it down to the old Belmont Park.

Here are a few more examples of spin floor variations: (At around 5:33 if the link doesn't work right.)

I think I might be willing to sign a waiver and pay an up-charge if somebody were able to open an area with recreations of many of these rides.

Last edited:

Phroobar

Original Poster
Very cool. Sadly, I never made it down to the old Belmont Park.

Here are a few more examples of of spin floor variations: (At around 5:33 if the link doesn't work right.)

I think I might be willing to sign a waiver and pay an up-charge if somebody were able to open an area with recreations of many of these rides.

I wonder how many people lost or pinched fingers in the multi-spinning disc ride. They had shoot the rapids rides where no one wore seatbelts or life vests. Odds were the boat would flip when it hit the water. Our great grandparents had all the fun dangerous rides.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom