All things Magic Mountain

Rich T

Disneyland wasn't open 365 until the mid 80's. Until then, it was weekends and seasonal.
No, you are quite wrong, unless by “seasonal” you mean 5 days a week. Even in the off season, Disneyland was open Wed.-Sun. pre-80’s. This is a well-known and documented part of DL’s history. DL closed Mon & Tue. and Knott’s closed Wed. & Thur. Not sure where you’re getting your info.

Professortango1

No, you are quite wrong, unless by “seasonal” you mean 5 days a week. Even in the off season, Disneyland was open Wed.-Sun. pre-80’s. This is a well-known and documented part of DL’s history. DL closed Mon & Tue. and Knott’s closed Wed. & Thur. Not sure where you’re getting your info.

So you're saying Disneyland was closed a few days a week. So not 365? Exactly what I just said.

Phroobar

Original Poster
hqdefault.jpg

Phroobar

Original Poster
I've never understood the difference between pass holder and member. I remember seeing people running around the park with the diamond member pass things around their necks like it was some big exclusive club. I guess they were AP wantabes.

Rich T

So you're saying Disneyland was closed a few days a week. So not 365? Exactly what I just said.
Disneyland was closed precisely 2 days a week in the off-season. That is not what is generally regarded as seasonal operation in the theme park industry. Seasonal usually means weekends only in fall and spring, with many parks closed completely in the winter. But, back to the point, anyone who moves next to Disneyland and then complains about noise is being ridiculous--even if they moved there in the 80's, 70's, 60's or late 50's. ANYTIME. :D Move ANYWHERE ELSE IN THE WORLD, people! :D

Phroobar

Original Poster
Magic Mountain Fright Fest mazes:

Vault 666: Unlocked - Demonic relics and obsolete oddities are locked in an abandoned vault within this dark and sinister antiquity shop.
Condemned - Forever Damned - Attend an open house at the recently abandoned home of a habitual collector of things.
Sewer of Souls - Dare to enter a foul-smelling wretched wasteland, sure to raise a few hairs…luring you in and then leaving you to fend for yourself.
Aftermath 2: Chaos Rising - The city of Ash Valley is threatened with the release of a dangerous virus.
Red's Revenge - Enter the world of Red Riding Hood, but in this fairy-tale you and the wolf are being hunted by Red and her demonic minions.
Wiloughby Resurrected - The Willoughby's Family mansion tale unfolds at this once affluent Victorian mansion that's become a haven to evil spirits.

Remember Magic Mountain's Fright Fest has been voted Best Theme Park Halloween Offerings by USA Today readers. ;)

The scariest entry during Fright Fest:
SFMM_FF2016-1.jpg

Phroobar

Original Poster
Does anyone remember for Halloween they had a Log Jammer overlay called "Blood Falls" circa 2004? Can't seem to find any information but remember that it had fog, one person jumping out to scare you during the lift, and a lot of red lights.
Don't remember that. It would be cool to find pictures of it.

BubbaQuest

Does anyone remember for Halloween they had a Log Jammer overlay called "Blood Falls" circa 2004? Can't seem to find any information but remember that it had fog, one person jumping out to scare you during the lift, and a lot of red lights.

I do remember there being a fog machine near the top of the first lift hill at one time. I remember thinking why is there fog up here :) Never occurred to me it was for halloween. Don't remember the red lights, but we rode during the day.

Phroobar

Original Poster
I do remember there being a fog machine near the top of the first lift hill at one time. I remember thinking why is there fog up here :) Never occurred to me it was for halloween. Don't remember the red lights, but we rode during the day.
Didn't there used to be fog machines throughout the log ride during the regular season? I know the Jet Stream's boat house at the top of the lift hill had a fog machine so you couldn't see the drop.

sfmm_jetstream_31.jpg

BubbaQuest

Didn't there used to be fog machines throughout the log ride during the regular season? I know the Jet Stream's boat house at the top of the lift hill had a fog machine so you couldn't see the drop.

sfmm_jetstream_31.jpg

It's possible. I remember this unusual fog distinctly though because that roundabout after the first lift on Log Jammer was one of my favorite parts of the park. Quiet with lots of trees to look at. The fog was so thick you couldn't even see the trees. I remember thinking why would they want to hide the best part of this ride. Didn't even occur to me they were trying to hide a scare actor in there!

Phroobar

Original Poster
It's possible. I remember this unusual fog distinctly though because that roundabout after the first lift on Log Jammer was one of my favorite parts of the park. Quiet with lots of trees to look at. The fog was so thick you couldn't even see the trees. I remember thinking why would they want to hide the best part of this ride. Didn't even occur to me they were trying to hide a scare actor in there!
There is something special about being in a flume ride fifty feet in the air in the trees.

Rich T

sfmm_jetstream_31.jpg
No, not during the regular season. Log Jammer's charm was in its scenic journey through the foliage. I don't think fog would have added anything to the experience.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom