All things Magic Mountain

Rich T

That never stopped the people around Disneyland from ******** about fireworks....
And I can't understand how anyone can feel sorry for them. They knew dang well what they were moving into.

Hey, I live in a place where I can smell sea lions at the wharf a quarter mile away, and they stink! I'm suing everyone! :D

SuddenStorm

I don't think Magic Mtn. should have to do one dang thing. I think everyone who buys a house in that development should have to sign a waiver acknowledging that they are making a decision to move into a house located right next to a giant theme park and all the noise that goes with it.

Agreed. Universal deals with a similar issue, and Its always amusing when people in Anaheim complain about the fireworks.

But, sadly, there will be complaints. I just hope Six Flags doesn't have to alter anything because of them.

Phroobar

Original Poster
Agreed. Universal deals with a similar issue, and Its always amusing when people in Anaheim complain about the fireworks.

But, sadly, there will be complaints. I just hope Six Flags doesn't have to alter anything because of them.
As long as the housing market stays depressed, MM has nothing to worry about.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Anyone remember the Batman Forever and Begins stunt show MM used to have? One of my favorites. So sad that it is long gone. Is the theater still there? When I last worked there it was abandonned.

I think the year round move caused the need for more bodies in the park.
Haven't most Six Flags parks been year round now for a long time?

Anyways, my point was that this might be indication of a larger issue of soft attendance around all the whole theme park industry.

socalifornian

They’ve been doing that annual Labor Day sale for years now, this is when I renew. It’s usually around ~$80 for the Gold pass (both parks, parking, mug that gets free refills), then I add dining

Phroobar

Original Poster
Anyone remember the Batman Forever and Begins stunt show MM used to have? One of my favorites. So sad that it is long gone. Is the theater still there? When I last worked there it was abandonned.
It was demoed a few years ago to build Battle for Metropolis. That whole area has been redesigned. However the crane and a few other parts from the show are still sitting in the junkyard next to Apocalypse. They use that junkyard for a zombie Fright Fest maze. The Magic Pagoda Buddha is in that junkyard.

In recently years the whole backside of the park has been redesigned and rethemed. Cyclone Bay is the last area that is being redesigned for West Coast Racers.

Phroobar

Original Poster
They’ve been doing that annual Labor Day sale for years now, this is when I renew. It’s usually around ~$80 for the Gold pass (both parks, parking, mug that gets free refills), then I add dining
They have added multiple levels of passes in the last couple of years. Diamond Elite adds things like priority seating at shows, free fright fest mazes, free water park special areas, special parking and skip the line rights. The basic one gives no black out days, free admin to all water & theme parks and food/merch discounts.

The prices are incredibly low but it's a pain to fight the LA traffic to get there.

https://m.sixflags.com/magicmountain/store/membership

For the price of basic AP at Disneyland, you could have free admission to all Six flags, Cedar Fair, Sea world parks nationwide and free food and parking all year.

socalifornian

Part of me wants to get this. But I also know this is more of a one and done place every few years for me. I'm not as much of a coaster person as I used to be and now prefer Disneyland's thrill attractions as my highest tollerance. Those Six Flags rides are too rough on me.
A lot of them need to have their tracks grinded down or replaced. Aside from the thrill it feels like you’re riding an earthquake on the older coasters. Matterhorn feels so nice compared to some at MM. Looking forward to Apocalypse

socalifornian

I agree that the tracks are in need of replacement. Viper has long been the worst contender. Is Apocalypse having a replacement? When it opened it was one of the smoothest coasters I've ever been on. When I went 5 years ago it was even bumpier than collosus.

Revolution used to also be brutal when it had the shoulder harness. Glad they got it removed.

I probably sound like an old man but I'd be tempted to just buy front of the line passes the next time I go to Six Flags. Most their lines are in the heat and are super long and loud.
Yeah it was retracked fairly recently so it’s smooth again. Old Collosus/Apocalypse felt like you were going to derail

Professortango1

And I can't understand how anyone can feel sorry for them. They knew dang well what they were moving into.

Hey, I live in a place where I can smell sea lions at the wharf a quarter mile away, and they stink! I'm suing everyone! :D

I know many folks around the DLR who bought their house in the 80's, before Disneyland was open every day and long before they had nightly fireworks.

Rich T

I know many folks around the DLR who bought their house in the 80's, before Disneyland was open every day and long before they had nightly fireworks.
Disneyland has been open at least 5 days a week since nearly Day One, and has had nightly summer fireworks since the early 60’s. I have no sympathy for anyone who moves near a world famous attraction and then objects to it doing its thing.
(EDIT)
Same goes for moving near an airport or RR track.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Disneyland has been open at least 5 days a week since nearly Day One, and has had nightly summer fireworks since the early 60’s. I have no sympathy for anyone who moves near a world famous attraction and then objects to it doing its thing.
(EDIT)
I'm sorry you'll need to reroute your flight path because I moved here....

Professortango1

(EDIT)

Disneyland wasn't open 365 until the mid 80's. Until then, it was weekends and seasonal.

Sharon&Susan

Disneyland wasn't open 365 until the mid 80's. Until then, it was weekends and seasonal.
And Wendsdays, Thursdays and Fridays. So yes, Disneyland was always open at least 5 days a week as @Rich T said.
D7D63299-8B84-4626-9535-C03DFDE7B5F0.jpeg

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom