All things Magic Mountain

PiratesMansion

They haven't addressed the fundamental problem which is that I don't care how much the individual park passes are. I want to use my pass to get into multiple Six Flags parks.

This pricing is better if you really only care about one park, but sorry, I'm not going to go from paying nothing to access multiple parks to paying $200 to access multiple parks in one year with literally no improvements made in most of the parks, including the one closest to me.

It's not gonna happen.

This CEO needs to be fired. He makes the people running the Disney parks looks smart.

Phroobar

Original Poster
When I had a Magic Mountain pass, it included access to the other parks. (restrictions apply though) So when I was up north I went to Six Flags Discovery Kingdom. That place was a bigger pit than Magic Mountain was. All the coasters were in front of the park and none of them were operating because it was "slightly windy". They weren't even the length or quality of MM coasters. It was really disappointing.

PiratesMansion

When I had a Magic Mountain pass, it included access to the other parks. (restrictions apply though) So when I was up north I went to Six Flags Discovery Kingdom. That place was a bigger pit than Magic Mountain was. All the coasters were in front of the park and none of them were operating because it was "slightly windy". They weren't even the length or quality of MM coasters. It was really disappointing.
Generally speaking the main restriction in the past was that outdoor waterparks weren't included.

I haven't done Discovery Kingdom, but it used to get decent reviews until about five years ago.

In fairness to them, they have far more restrictions than Magic Mountain to deal with. They are one of the smallest Six Flags parks, have a height limit of 150 feet (they got in trouble for building whatever they call V2 now 185 ft tall originally, to match the other impulse coasters, and had to modify it after a year of operation; that's why their version of the ride is so wonky looking), and they can only build so tall in the front of the park. That's why all the coasters are jammed right up by the entrance. I believe the height restriction in the back is only like 30 feet.

I'd like to get there at some point, but with the reviews, the constant unforced errors with passes this year, and apparently a fair number of ride closures, I'm not anxious to give them money at this point.
I think it's delusional when people don't use common sense. Did he honestly believe he could just up prices and the park is now a premium offering?

Are all the billionaires on their way to Six Flags right now?
The current CEO came to Six Flags from the quality, customer-focused business that is...Spirit Airlines.

It looks like he's determined to have just as good of a product at Six Flags parks. Six Flags day indeed.

Phroobar

Original Poster
Discovery Kingdom was just not very fun. The animal shows and exhibits where okay but I've seen better at a lot of zoos. The entire park felt dirty and unmaintained. Walking between the coasters at the front felt like a county fair. No theming.
iu

J4546

Lat time I went to MM about a year ago, I will never go back. It'd was terrible, dirty, and the guests visiting were trash people yelling racial slurs and cuss words to each other around kids.....just the worst people

Phroobar

Original Poster
Lat time I went to MM about a year ago, I will never go back. It'd was terrible, dirty, and the guests visiting were trash people yelling racial slurs and cuss words to each other around kids.....just the worst people
I went to MM for years with my pass. I never experienced people yelling racial slurs. Sure there were cuss words mostly on scary parts of the rides. I hear the same thing at Disneyland. However, the park was fairly clean but the tables where always sticky.

PiratesMansion

Well luckily you don't like roller coasters, so you never have to go to Magic Mountain ever again.

Phroobar

Original Poster
Looks like that housing track is coming along. Why anyone would want hear the screams of people on rollercoasters all day long is beyond me. Some of those rides are really loud. I'm sure they will try some legal action against Six Flags for noise level even though MM was there first.

SuddenStorm

Looks like that housing track is coming along. Why anyone would want hear the screams of people on rollercoasters all day long is beyond me. Some of those rides are really loud. I'm sure they will try some legal action against Six Flags for noise level even though MM was there first.

Yes, I think you're right. I drove around the housing area a few months ago, and while the homes are new- I was not a fan of the architecture. I hope they have some sort of sound barrier planned.

Phroobar

Original Poster
Yes, I think you're right. I drove around the housing area a few months ago, and while the homes are new- I was not a fan of the architecture. I hope they have some sort of sound barrier planned.
Totally agree. Those are the ugliest houses and town homes I've ever seen. No style and no yard. Looks like they get a rec center but no parks. They probably have Mello-Roos and association dues forever. Good luck making it look pretty.

TP2000

Totally agree. Those are the ugliest houses and town homes I've ever seen. No style and no yard. Looks like they get a rec center but no parks. They probably have Mello-Roos and association dues forever. Good luck making it look pretty.

That "housing" looks like a collection of storage containers all stacked next to each other. Ugly!

Also, the parking lot for Magic Mountain looks very full! I bet the park is packed this week on these dry days inbetween the rainy days. It sounds miserable, quite frankly.

The last time I went to Magic Mountain was over 15 years ago, babysitting my young nephews and trying to be the cool uncle. I absolutely hated that day. Everything in that park had a layer of grime and dirt on it. Nothing was nice. The food was horrible. The park "landscaping" consisted of some very neglected mature trees, lots of unmowed native grasses, and a few pots of Home Depot daisies at the front entrance. The employees ranged from noticeably surly to emotionally stunted and deaf/mute. By mid afternoon I was playing a game with myself on how many fellow park patrons I could spot who were wearing ankle monitors. And for no apparent reason, I remember Tweety Bird (?!?) shuffled around a very sticky food court flapping his wings at random empty tables.

I can not even imagine the hell that must be Magic Mountain on a damp, overcast day when the park is packed with people.

TP2000

Sorry for the bump!

My sister recently got her pilot's license and took me flying while I was in town for Christmas. We did a lap around Six Flags, and I took these photos I thought were worth sharing somewhere for any park fans that like this kind of stuff-

This is great! Thank you so much for sharing!

I love that your sister is an amateur pilot. What a fun hobby! Or is she going to turn it into a career? Either way, she'll have plenty to talk about at dinner parties for the rest of her life. Wonderful!

Phroobar

Original Poster
That "housing" looks like a collection of storage containers all stacked next to each other. Ugly!

Also, the parking lot for Magic Mountain looks very full! I bet the park is packed this week on these dry days inbetween the rainy days. It sounds miserable, quite frankly.

The last time I went to Magic Mountain was over 15 years ago, babysitting my young nephews and trying to be the cool uncle. I absolutely hated that day. Everything in that park had a layer of grime and dirt on it. Nothing was nice. The food was horrible. The park "landscaping" consisted of some very neglected mature trees, lots of unmowed native grasses, and a few pots of Home Depot daisies at the front entrance. The employees ranged from noticeably surly to emotionally stunted and deaf/mute. By mid afternoon I was playing a game with myself on how many fellow park patrons I could spot who were wearing ankle monitors. And for no apparent reason, I remember Tweety Bird (?!?) shuffled around a very sticky food court flapping his wings at random empty tables.

I can not even imagine the hell that must be Magic Mountain on a damp, overcast day when the park is packed with people.
Just how I remember it.
Remember during covid, it was a restaurant's selling point that they clean and sanitize their tables?. Even MM said that when they reopened. I guess that didn't last long.

SuddenStorm

This is great! Thank you so much for sharing!

I love that your sister is an amateur pilot. What a fun hobby! Or is she going to turn it into a career? Either way, she'll have plenty to talk about at dinner parties for the rest of her life. Wonderful!

Haha, she graduated high school in the spring and spent all summer learning to fly, and got enough hours in to get the pilot's license before leaving for college a few months ago.

From what I understand, she would like to get into the air force academy and is currently participating in the ROTC program at her college. After she's done with the air force she has expressed aspirations to become a commercial pilot- though who knows what will happen.

Last edited:

TP2000

Haha, she graduated high school in the spring and spent all summer learning to fly, and got enough hours in to get the pilot's license before leaving for college a few months ago.

From what I understand, she would like to get into the air force academy and is currently participating in the ROTC program at her college. After she's done with the air force she has expressed aspirations to become a commercial pilot- though who knows what will happen.

Oh my God, I love her even more now!

She'll have a wonderful career, especially if she goes ROTC, as she'll have minimal to zero college loans to pay off. And by the time she's 26 she'll be earning six figures and be headed into the wild blue yonder for decades to come and many happy years of peak earnings. Plus, she'll provide a service and expertise that is actually marketable and desperately needed by our country. Brava to her!

mickEblu

Wait wait, are you telling me your sister was at her high school prom about 6 months ago and you let her fly you up in the air like that? You are a better man than me lol. No way I’m letting my sister fly me unless I’m strapped up with a parachute and Jesus is riding shot gun.

Great shots though!

SuddenStorm

Wait wait, are you telling me your sister was at her high school prom about 6 months ago and you let her fly you up in the air like that? You are a better man than me lol. No way I’m letting my sister fly me unless I’m strapped up with a parachute and Jesus is riding shot gun.

Great shots though!

When she first got the pilot license and told me she could take me flying, my first thought was I don't even trust you to drive me in a car. But I figured, why not.

truecoat

The Air Force has the largest "air force" in the world so there's certainly demand. Then there's the second largest "air force" in the world, The US Navy.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom