All things Magic Mountain

disney4life2008

I have to agree with you. Magic Mountain is a safe clean park. They do attract families with little kids. Bugs Bunny World is well done and fun. However, you do get rough looking people and lots of teenagers due to the price. Show quality is low but you get the sense they are slowly fixing that. Maintenance keeps a lot of things closed when it isn't summer. The food is disgusting and slow. The parking lot is now $23 and valet is $35. Employees are slow and really don't care about you beyond ride safety. However the merchandise staff is friendly and helpful.

What does a rough looking person look like??? Please use specific examples.

NobodyElse

What does a rough looking person look like??? Please use specific examples.
upload_2017-3-30_22-32-33.png

Phroobar

Original Poster
Weird because I did see someone that looked like Snake Plissken at Magic Mountain. He was running the Carousel.

brb1006

They always say "have a Six Flags day!" as you're leaving, at least at most locations. I haven't the slightest clue what that means. It sounds so stupid that I actually like it.

So I guess you had a Six Flags day!

I just have to say that the clientele at Great Adventure has noticeably improved over the last decade or two. Of course it depends on when you visit (don't go to the summer concert series!) but on a random Saturday you are sure to find a nice family-friendly environment now. At one point, it was a place that families with young children dare not visit, and I'm honestly not sure how that mentality began to change, but it has.

I'm fact, I don't know if you all are aware, but Six Flags Great Adventure recently stole Animal Kingdom's title as the world's largest theme/amusement park. They have a safari that, before 2013, was separate from the park. People had to drive their own vehicles through. The monkeys climbed on the cars, and animals liked to attack the windows. Good ol' fun! But in 2013, they turned it into a ride within the park (like DAK's, theming aside), so that bumped them ahead of DAK in acreage.

So while Magic Mountain may still suck (I've never been so I can't say), I'm feeling slightly optimistic lately about my home park. Maintenance and theming are still very very hit or miss, mostly miss. And of course it's nowhere near the level of Disney and Universal. But it's a significantly better place than it was two decades ago.
I thought Efteling in the Netherlands was the largest theme park.

No Name

I thought Efteling in the Netherlands was the largest theme park.

No, not even close. It's about 178 acres. On the other hand, Animal Kingdom and Six Flags Great Adventure are in the 500s.

Of course, you could argue what should and shouldn't count toward the size. For example, some parts of the Internet claim DAK is 580 acres, while others say 500. Most put Great Adventure in the 510-520 range. So yes, some claim DAK is still the largest park. There has to be a standard somewhere, but this kind of information is very hard to find. If you search "largest theme parks" or even "largest theme parks in acres," on Google, it mostly comes up with attendance figures rather than physical size.

But back to the point, Efteling is not close by any standard.

Phroobar

Original Poster
I'm back at Magic Mountain again. I'm about to ride Ninja. There are lots of families here and summer camp groups. It makes the park feel a little more friendly. Its not very crowed for a summer day. The employees have new summer t-shirts that say Team Magic 8.5 on the back. They look like classic baseball shirts with magic mountain and hurricane harbor on them. Its been a nice day without so many teenager gangs.

Battle for Metropolis isn't open yet. The building is done but the facade and landscaping still need putting in. They repainted Riddler's Revenge but its not open yet. The employees seem to be trying harder this summer regarding guest satisfaction. The managers are keeping their crews moving. Lines are fairly quick.

mickEblu

I'm back at Magic Mountain again. I'm about to ride Ninja. There are lots of families here and summer camp groups. It makes the park feel a little more friendly. Its not very crowed for a summer day. The employees have new summer t-shirts that say Team Magic 8.5 on the back. They look like classic baseball shirts with magic mountain and hurricane harbor on them. Its been a nice day without so many teenager gangs.

Battle for Metropolis isn't open yet. The building is done but the facade and landscaping still need putting in. They repainted Riddler's Revenge but its not open yet. The employees seem to be trying harder this summer regarding guest satisfaction. The managers are keeping their crews moving. Lines are fairly quick.

I might pay a visit as long as their doing something about the rough looking people. Lol

Phroobar

Original Poster
They have a pretty good (and busty) Super Girl doing a meet & greet. They need to bring out Harley Quinn.

Last edited:

Ismael Flores

I remember when they added ninja to the park. My friends wanted to go badly to get on the new coaster.
I couldn't believe that they didn't even paint the structure for the queue. It was the same old structure and queue used for some believe,dragons flight, the old transportation lift that took you up the hill. The tracks for that thing were even left there with the new ninja track and loading area right over it. Even the old huanted maze building was left there to rot after it closed.

As the years past they came making SFMM worse with the removal of the log ride and also the addition of the coaster next to colossus that was plopped right on top of a section of parking lot.

Also remember the day a tram full of guests got off the tram and almost strangled the driver. He thought it was funny when he said the beat ride in SFMM was riding the tram with him driving and then sped up and zigzag making the tram skip of the wheels and at one time life off on one side We all though that crap was going to flip over. He thought it was funny because a group of teenagers were cheering him

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom