All things Knotts Berry Farm

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

I wish they would gut out the large video game room on the first floor of their shooter ride and then demo the bumper cars and create a footprint for another nicely themed dark ride. They really need more of those especially since they have plenty of flat rides allover the park
I would love a really great peanuts dark ride. or heck, bring back an updated version of KINGDOM OF THE DINOSAURS

Touchdown

The world needs a Great Pumpkin Ride. Making a dark ride after that special would not only get us the pumpkin patch with the final gag of Snoopy rising up, but also a Red Barron sequence and trick or treating (I got a rock!)

Since for most people the Peanuts are so associated with the Holiday Specials I think it would be a hit year round. Ideally, Knott’s could share development costs with Kings Island (who has an omnimover shooting ride in their Planet Snoopy section that is overdue for a retheme.)

Phroobar

Original Poster
The world needs a Great Pumpkin Ride. Making a dark ride after that special would not only get us the pumpkin patch with the final gag of Snoopy rising up, but also a Red Barron sequence and trick or treating (I got a rock!)

Since for most people the Peanuts are so associated with the Holiday Specials I think it would be a hit year round. Ideally, Knott’s could share development costs with Kings Island (who has an omnimover shooting ride in their Planet Snoopy section that is overdue for a retheme.)
That's a great idea. Camp Snoopy does have room for it. It could go where the old Peanuts fun house use to be. Just remove a few cheap flat rides and rebuild the building. It would be fun.

There isn't much you can do in the arcade except put in better vintage arcade cabs. The space is too small. Knotts can do better than KotD.

Phroobar

Original Poster
full

Phroobar

Original Poster

Maybe for Christmas Knotts could do an overlay Christmas ride on the Great Pumkin ride.

Phroobar

Original Poster
Just got back from Knotts. The place was packed! I guess everyone was afraid to go to Disneyland today. Ghostrider had 150 minute wait at 7:30 tonight! Calico River Rapids was down for some reason. We went in and got carna asada fries and left. We also checked out the hidden waterfall, George Washington fireplace and hidden bathrooms.

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

Still, I’d say Timber Mountain’s staging is better than DL’s version of Splash Mtn. And there’s just about nothing wrong with Calico Mine.
Calico Mine is such a great and special ride and very magical. I love it. It is a must ride every time. It is just sooo enjoyable. and I love Timber Mountain. It is faster than Splash and has no bumpers on the log or compared to other log rides there is no track. just the water carrying you. Plus it is one of the first log rides every made. the 2nd i think but don't qoute me. Some say it helped inspire Walt but I have no idea if that is true.

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

The speed of Timber Mountain is its greatest flaw. No leisure to enjoy its beautiful show scenes.
I slightly disagree, even though it is going by fast i think it still gives you the appropriate amount of time to enjoy what show scenes there are. to me it is the definition how a log ride should be. i think i get more soaked on it than I do Splash.

Darkbeer1

Calico Mine is such a great and special ride and very magical. I love it. It is a must ride every time. It is just sooo enjoyable. and I love Timber Mountain. It is faster than Splash and has no bumpers on the log or compared to other log rides there is no track. just the water carrying you. Plus it is one of the first log rides every made. the 2nd i think but don't qoute me. Some say it helped inspire Walt but I have no idea if that is true.

OK, Bud Hurlbut, the person who operated the original Knott's attractions was an amazing designer and builder of amusement rides and trains.

At Walter Knott's request, Bud designed the Log Flume attraction and was ready to build, but financial issues held up the project. So Bud took his work and agreed to build one for Six Flags over Texas. So that ended up being the first to open.

Some of the money Bud got from Six Flags to build the Knott's version. So first one designed, but second one to open.

As for Walt Disney and Knott's. Back in the early 1950's, Walt and some of the Old Men spent a lot of time studying everything about Knott's and how it operated. They also went to other parks to do the same thing. And had many discussions with Bud Hurlbut. Bud learned from the Old Men knowledge, and of course the other way around.

One of the reasons that the Mine Ride and Log Ride were built was the additional influx of visitors that Disneyland brought.

Also both parks agreed to operate in the off-season in a manner to keep one of the parks open during the week. One closed on Monday and Tuesday, the other on Wednesday and Thursday. Disney sold Knott's tickets at its Hotel and then through Walt Disney Travel Company.

Walt invited Walter to the Disneyland opening, and remain Business associates until Walt Disney passed on.

So yes, Walter Knott and his farm, from how efficient the Chicken Dinner restaurant ran, to the amusement area originally built to keep the guests waiting for a meal entertained, helped inspire Walt Disney and the Disneyland team

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

OK, Bud Hurlbut, the person who operated the original Knott's attractions was an amazing designer and builder of amusement rides and trains.

At Walter Knott's request, Bud designed the Log Flume attraction and was ready to build, but financial issues held up the project. So Bud took his work and agreed to build one for Six Flags over Texas. So that ended up being the first to open.

Some of the money Bud got from Six Flags to build the Knott's version. So first one designed, but second one to open.

As for Walt Disney and Knott's. Back in the early 1950's, Walt and some of the Old Men spent a lot of time studying everything about Knott's and how it operated. They also went to other parks to do the same thing. And had many discussions with Bud Hurlbut. Bud learned from the Old Men knowledge, and of course the other way around.

One of the reasons that the Mine Ride and Log Ride were built was the additional influx of visitors that Disneyland brought.

Also both parks agreed to operate in the off-season in a manner to keep one of the parks open during the week. One closed on Monday and Tuesday, the other on Wednesday and Thursday. Disney sold Knott's tickets at its Hotel and then through Walt Disney Travel Company.

Walt invited Walter to the Disneyland opening, and remain Business associates until Walt Disney passed on.

So yes, Walter Knott and his farm, from how efficient the Chicken Dinner restaurant ran, to the amusement area originally built to keep the guests waiting for a meal entertained, helped inspire Walt Disney and the Disneyland team

Thanks for the clarification and for confirming i was right about what i said even though i was not 100% sure of it.

Darkbeer1

So, if you are looking for clues to the upcoming expansion on the south side, pay close attention to the Ghost Town Alive! actors and storyline.

The printed Calico Gazette also might give you hints... And God Bless America!

TROR

So, if you are looking for clues to the upcoming expansion on the south side, pay close attention to the Ghost Town Alive! actors and storyline.

The printed Calico Gazette also might give you hints... And God Bless America!
Fort?

Darkbeer1

>>150 Trees. Over 3,000 plants, 80% California natives. 65 Tons of boulders, from a local rock quarry. 80 yards of mulch, from recycled green waste. And one big animatronic sasquatch. These are all the addition to Knott's Berry Farm's rapids ride, now called Calico River Rapids, which has gotten a makeover from generic water ride to themed story attraction. But don't worry -- it still soaks you good.<<

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom