All things Knotts Berry Farm

Ismael Flores

It's the same AA but around the eyes and he is a lot browner looking. I guess it was the flash used in this picture that takes something away from it. He does look a lot better in person and he is big!

maxresdefault.jpg

for some odd reason i find it odd that they had to put him holding on to something in what looks like a shadow box (almost to perfectly square cave cut out). seems like he would have looked more menacing if he was standing over us

Phroobar

Original Poster
for some odd reason i find it odd that they had to put him holding on to something in what looks like a shadow box (almost to perfectly square cave cut out). seems like he would have looked more menacing if he was standing over us
I think it was a cost thing. The original "cave" was just a steel storm pipe similar to the one the Disneyland Railroad went through as it arrives at Toon Town depo. I think they cut a hole in the pipe and built a room for him to stand in. That is why it looks so framed.

Ismael Flores

I think it was a cost thing. The original "cave" was just a steel storm pipe similar to the one the Disneyland Railroad went through as it arrives at Toon Town depo. I think they cut a hole in the pipe and built a room for him to stand in. That is why it looks so framed.
What they should have done is cut a longer hole creating a deeper cavern then slightly angled the animatronic facing the direction the rafts are coming from. This would have given guests a glimpse of the AA as they approach it for a closer view. The pipe didn't seem to serve for any purpose except to hide sitelines and there is plenty of room behind it to steal a couple of feet of space.

It is still a nice update though and give them credit for doing it. It does make the ride a much better experience, now if only they would continue that kind of update with some of their other areas.

Last edited:

NateD1226

That said, I still I greatly appreciate their attempts and would like to see them keep working on it. The more dark rides they add, the more they develop the craft, the more I'll enjoy going to Knott's.
Yup! Didn't you go for your first time a couple months of ago? How did you like it?

Phroobar

Original Poster
I'm glad you liked it! Knott's is one of those places where you can escape from all the Disney mess and just have fun at simple and fun theme park.
It also has just as much history as Disneyland if you know where to look. It's a relaxing place to just sit and watch people or see a show. Live music is still very important to Knotts. It is disappearing slowly from Disneyland and that is sad.

Ismael Flores

That said, I still I greatly appreciate their attempts and would like to see them keep working on it. The more dark rides they add, the more they develop the craft, the more I'll enjoy going to Knott's.

I wish they would gut out the large video game room on the first floor of their shooter ride and then demo the bumper cars and create a footprint for another nicely themed dark ride. They really need more of those especially since they have plenty of flat rides allover the park

TROR

I wish they would gut out the large video game room on the first floor of their shooter ride and then demo the bumper cars and create a footprint for another nicely themed dark ride. They really need more of those especially since they have plenty of flat rides allover the park
Retheming the boardwalk to something more interesting would also be a good change for the park.

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

This made me smile. Reminds me of the old "congratulations on your anniversary" newspaper ads that Disney and Knott's used to put out.
Do I see a crossover commercial coming where Snoopy goes to GE in Jedi Robes? Maybe takes a nap on top of the falcon like he does his dog house?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom