All things Knotts Berry Farm

Phroobar

Original Poster
What is even more interesting is the video shows the train going past the buggy ride. That looks like they are extending the track to far side of Camp Snoopy right where Montazooma stands now! Montazooma is not shown in the background. Could it be possible that they will remove Montazooma for the extended train ride?

Phroobar

Original Poster
I've got to admit the park looks pretty darn great with all the recent modernizations. They need to rebuild or remove that 50s looking diner Coasters and kick Johnny Rockets out.

Emmanuel

IMG_9331.jpg

Knotts has confirmed 3 rides being removed for some of the new rides

mickEblu

Not Huff n Puff! Say it ain't so!

They really need an adult version of Huff n Puff.

What makes it special? Im trying to get to Knotts again before Christmas so I might give it a whirl if the line isn't too long now that its departure has been announced.

Phroobar

Original Poster
What makes it special? Im trying to get to Knotts again before Christmas so I might give it a whirl if the line isn't too long now that its departure has been announced.
Huff n Puff is a tottler ride. I think kids need to be under five. They sit in this mine car and push a lever that makes the car go. They are in a chain so everyone has to push in order to make it work. Most of the time, the employees are pushing kids around the track since some kid refuses to push blocking all the other kids.

It is one of the original 1983 Camp Snoopy rides.

iu

iu

mickEblu

@Phroobar how busy do you think it will be at Knotts this Saturday? I’m guessing pretty busy? Was thinking of getting there early in the morning and staying 5-6 hours. Otherwise I might just pull my son out of school one of these weekdays before Christmas break.

Phroobar

Original Poster
@Phroobar how busy do you think it will be at Knotts this Saturday? I’m guessing pretty busy? Was thinking of getting there early in the morning and staying 5-6 hours. Otherwise I might just pull my son out of school one of these weekdays before Christmas break.
Schools just finished finals. It will be packed. Last Saturday was packed. You can go in the morning but I think you miss the shows. Do try to do the Snoopy on Ice show. It is worth it. Half of Camp Snoopy is down for the remodeling. You miss the night time tree lighting and snow. Snoopy on ice at 1:30 and Christmas Carol at 12:45. The bands don't start until 4pm.

I'll probably go to see the shows on Saturday.

mickEblu

Schools just finished finals. It will be packed. Last Saturday was packed. You can go in the morning but I think you miss the shows. Do try to do the Snoopy on Ice show. It is worth it. Half of Camp Snoopy is down for the remodeling. You miss the night time tree lighting and snow. Snoopy on ice at 1:30 and Christmas Carol at 12:45. The bands don't start until 4pm.

I'll probably go to see the shows on Saturday.

Well shoot. Thanks for the info! They don’t get out of school here until next Tuesday so I was thinking if I took him Monday or Tuesday it would be Ok. Still should be a lot better than Saturday right? It’s hard to get a feel for the Knotts crowds. Nobody is blocked out and I’m sure a bunch of locals have APs. I imagine holidays seasons are packed regardless if it’s a weekend or weekday.

Phroobar

Original Poster
Well shoot. Thanks for the info! They don’t get out of school here until next Tuesday so I was thinking if I took him Monday or Tuesday it would be Ok. Still should be a lot better than Saturday right? It’s hard to get a feel for the Knotts crowds. Nobody is blocked out and I’m sure a bunch of locals have APs. I imagine holidays seasons are packed regardless if it’s a weekend or weekday.
Monday and Tuesday should be better since people work. The shows look like they are on those days. It might be a better day to go. Sunday might work too but I have no experience with Sundays there.

MK-fan

So what’s going with different parts needed for the attractions? Mystery Lodge supposedly needs something to get it going again which will probably never happen, I believe Xcelerator had an issue with parts and was down for an excessive amount of time and now Montezuma’s Revenge needs a new part as well and is rumored to be shuttered. Hmmm, I love all the new updates Knott’s but what is going on?

Last edited:

Nirya

So what’s going with different parts needed for the attractions? Mystery Lodge supposedly needs something to get it going again which will probably never happen, I believe Xcelerator had an issue with parts and was down for an excess amount of time and now Montezuma’s Revenge needs a new part as well and is rumored to be shuttered. Hmmm, I love all the new updates Knott’s but what is going on?
I believe the rumors for Xcelerator had something to do with problems that were also going on with Top Thrill Dragster at Cedar Point. Both rides were built by Intamin, with Xcelerator essentially being a prototype for Dragster, so when they found a major problem with that ride, it ended up affecting Xcelerator as well.

MK-fan

I wish Knott’s would update the Boardwalk area, I feel like everything past Coastrider and Hangtime could use some aesthetic love. That side of the land is kind of bland, spruce up the games near Timber Mountain, the area around Xcelerator feels a little cluttered and could definitely use some help. Also maybe get rid of the Coasters fast food spot and replace it with something else since you already have Johnny Rockets. While I’m on the subject. I would love Memory Lane to bring back the neon Roarin’ 20’s sign, it would bring such great life to that area at night, maybe you could just replace the Roarin 20’s text with “Knott’s Memory Lane” to avoid confusion. Also the bumper cars would be so awesome if they went back to their original 20’s design:
1703191041821.jpeg

J4546

Get rid of boardwalk and retheme to an something else. It's so small there's no sense of water and tlno shade.plus CA has a much better boardwalk themed land a mile away.....dinosaurs would be my first choice. Bring in trees and dense foliage and redo that entire area

Professortango1

Get rid of boardwalk and retheme to an something else. It's so small there's no sense of water and tlno shade.plus CA has a much better boardwalk themed land a mile away.....dinosaurs would be my first choice. Bring in trees and dense foliage and redo that entire area
Well, Disney's boardwalk area is an ugly mess now. Knotts could easily strengthen their pier and give us what Disney failed at.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom