All things Knotts Berry Farm

Professortango1

They don't have the space. Plus I kinda disagree about Pixar Pier, I like it
Knotts has a ton of space in that part of the park. The walkway there is amost too wide as it is. I'd bulldoze everything to the right of Johnny Rockets with the exception of Hangtime. That's plenty of space to give us a quality 1920's Boardwalk.

And Pixar Pier looks like the LA County Fair with big gaudy signs featuring IP characters. It was beginning to look decent a few years back before they went the Pixar route.

PiratesMansion

So what’s going with different parts needed for the attractions? Mystery Lodge supposedly needs something to get it going again which will probably never happen, I believe Xcelerator had an issue with parts and was down for an excessive amount of time and now Montezuma’s Revenge needs a new part as well and is rumored to be shuttered. Hmmm, I love all the new updates Knott’s but what is going on?
I doubt that Mystery Lodge needs a part, given that they reportedly used the Mystery Lodge space to do a much more technologically advanced show for the 2021 Haunt, according to a recent Season Pass Podcast. Jeff Tucker, the head of entertainment, made it sound like very little tech is actually needed to run Mystery Lodge, so I doubt that's it. Perhaps they just don't want to do it anymore, or visitor numbers had slipped.

Take it with a grain of salt, but elsewhere people are saying that the contractor hired to redo Montezuma botched the refurb to the point that someone else will likely need to be hired and correct the first contractor's mistakes if they want the ride to reopen.

Phroobar

Original Poster
I doubt that Mystery Lodge needs a part, given that they reportedly used the Mystery Lodge space to do a much more technologically advanced show for the 2021 Haunt, according to a recent Season Pass Podcast. Jeff Tucker, the head of entertainment, made it sound like very little tech is actually needed to run Mystery Lodge, so I doubt that's it. Perhaps they just don't want to do it anymore, or visitor numbers had slipped.

Take it with a grain of salt, but elsewhere people are saying that the contractor hired to redo Montezuma botched the refurb to the point that someone else will likely need to be hired and correct the first contractor's mistakes if they want the ride to reopen.
Mystery Lodge just never got the numbers to keep it open. It was supposed to become the portal for Fort Calico's be backstage expansion. That got nixed during Covid and they decided to enhance the ret of the part first. I bet Coaster diner will be up for referb after Camp Snoopy project is finished. I like to see Johnny Rockets get replaced with something new.

Phroobar

Original Poster
PXL_20231220_012142282.jpg

Phroobar

Original Poster
1000040270.jpg

Knott's version of a VIP lounge for it's highest level pass holders. It is in the dress shop in Ghost Town. It includes access to soda, snacks and exclusive merch. The pass includes preferred parking for free, 1 single fast lane pass per visit and two free bring a friend passes for the year.

No time share required.

Phroobar

Original Poster
I was at Knotts yesterday because some friends family wanted to go. I knew it was going to be packed because of MLK day. We got there at opening and already Ghostrider had a two hour wait. We did Hang Time which was only twenty minutes and then had lunch. By the time my friends got there about at noon the place was packed. Every major ride had a two hour or more wait. The flat rides were all hour and half. They had overflow lines for food. Supreme Scream was a half hour when we rode it. After we got off, it was two hours! We tried to do Bear-y tales but the ride shut down right before we got on it. The fast lanes were pretty lite. It was just things were running incredibly slow. They must have had a power failure since a lot of rides were marked as down. Still the pathways in the park were not crowded. It was a strange day. I had a good time since I didn't care to do most rides because I can come back after work and do pretty much anything. It was fun to see the people I was with.

Phroobar

Original Poster
Hanging out at the new VIP lounge in Ghost Town today. You enter through the dress shop. On the left is a hall way with a receptionist to scan you pass to let you in. The room is huge with some nice historical pictures of the park on the walls. You have couches and TVs. Free soda and snacks & cookies. There are some shirts to buy but nothing exclusive.

IMG_20240203_164218.jpg

IMG_20240203_164223.jpg

IMG_20240203_164213.jpg

Phroobar

Original Poster
One more week of Peanuts Celebration at Knotts. Then we are off to the Boysenberry Festival and all the yummy food.

Emmanuel

Wescom Credit Union and Knotts have announced a partnership today making Wesom the official banking partner of the park.

Knotts employees will get a $200 bonus for opening a Wescom account and a branch of the Credit Union will be opening in the California Marketplace

Screenshot 2024-02-21 at 4.33.36 PM.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom