All things Knotts Berry Farm

mickEblu

iu

iu

Is Ghostrider closed this weekend? Looks like the Knotts Berry Farm website only displays the refurb schedule one day at a time or it’s just really hard to find. Some third party sites show it open with a 90 min wait. Hoping to go Sunday but only if it’s open.

PiratesMansion

Is Ghostrider closed this weekend? Looks like the Knotts Berry Farm website only displays the refurb schedule one day at a time or it’s just really hard to find. Some third party sites show it open with a 90 min wait. Hoping to go Sunday but only if it’s open.
Here's the link: https://www.knotts.com/scheduled-ride-closures
GhostRider is indeed closed this weekend, as is the railroad and the Timber Mountain Log Ride.

I'd hold off until all three are open again.

AJFireman

Looks like Knotts has followed what Disneyland and Magic Mountain do and selling per ride Fast Lane.

Knott’s Berry Farm launches pay-per-ride option to rival Disneyland
Knott’s quietly rolls out a new Fast Lane skip-the-line option that charges $7.50 and up per individual ride.

You have to be in the park to purchase a Single-Use Fast Lane pass. The Knott’s mobile app displays the available pay-per-ride attractions after 2 p.m. each day.

The single-use passes start at $7.50 per ride and the dynamic prices vary by ride, day, time of day and time of year. You can buy as many single-use passes as you want per day. Knott’s will limit the number of single-use Fast Lane passes available each day — just like the park does with the traditional all-day Fast Lane pass.

The new Fast Lane pay-per-ride option is available on eight Knott’s rides: Bear-y Tales, Ghost Rider, Hang Time, Jaguar, Pony Express, Silver Bullet, Timber Mountain Log Ride and Xcelerator.

The first roll-out of the Single‐Use Fast Lane passes at Knott’s received positive feedback from visitors and employees, according to the latest Cedar Fair Investors Presentation.

In the coming months, Cedar Fair plans to roll out the Single‐Use Fast Lane pass option at Carowinds (March 8), Dorney Park (April 12), Kings Island (April 19), Canada’s Wonderland (April 20), Cedar Point (May 4) and Schlitterbahn water park (May 18).

Cedar Fair tested the Single‐Use Fast Lane passes at Ohio’s Cedar Point and Kings Island theme parks, selling the passes at kiosks stationed near ride entrances.

PiratesMansion

Looks like Knotts has followed what Disneyland and Magic Mountain do and selling per ride Fast Lane.

Knott’s Berry Farm launches pay-per-ride option to rival Disneyland
Knott’s quietly rolls out a new Fast Lane skip-the-line option that charges $7.50 and up per individual ride.

You have to be in the park to purchase a Single-Use Fast Lane pass. The Knott’s mobile app displays the available pay-per-ride attractions after 2 p.m. each day.

The single-use passes start at $7.50 per ride and the dynamic prices vary by ride, day, time of day and time of year. You can buy as many single-use passes as you want per day. Knott’s will limit the number of single-use Fast Lane passes available each day — just like the park does with the traditional all-day Fast Lane pass.

The new Fast Lane pay-per-ride option is available on eight Knott’s rides: Bear-y Tales, Ghost Rider, Hang Time, Jaguar, Pony Express, Silver Bullet, Timber Mountain Log Ride and Xcelerator.

The first roll-out of the Single‐Use Fast Lane passes at Knott’s received positive feedback from visitors and employees, according to the latest Cedar Fair Investors Presentation.

In the coming months, Cedar Fair plans to roll out the Single‐Use Fast Lane pass option at Carowinds (March 8), Dorney Park (April 12), Kings Island (April 19), Canada’s Wonderland (April 20), Cedar Point (May 4) and Schlitterbahn water park (May 18).

Cedar Fair tested the Single‐Use Fast Lane passes at Ohio’s Cedar Point and Kings Island theme parks, selling the passes at kiosks stationed near ride entrances.

Meh, everyone and their mother was already doing this. If anything, Knott's is late to the party.

PiratesMansion

Sure the Mine Ride isn’t closed too? My goodness let’s just close every core ride all at once.
I imagine they're doing everything now so that it's all up and running for Boysenberry Festival-which starts Friday.

It's definitely suboptimal for people who happen to be making their only visit right now, but it's not out of character for them-they often do similar things before and after Haunt.

Phroobar

Original Poster
They have been working on the log flume for a few weeks now. They had the lift hill torn up last week when I was there. The train was down too.

I wonder if the $7.50 price for fast lane Ghostrider will make the standby line even slower. That thing is aways a two hour wait even on slow days. I still say $20 for every ride at Disneyland is far too cheap.

mickEblu

Meh, everyone and their mother was already doing this. If anything, Knott's is late to the party.

As someone who will probably only go to Knotts 2-3 times this year and only has interest in riding a few of those pay per rides this is pretty great news for me. Whatever needs to be done to avoid some of those painfully slow loading rides. Well, if they re anything like Beary Tales and Coast Rider.

PiratesMansion

As someone who will probably only go to Knotts 2-3 times this year and only has interest in riding a few of those pay per rides this is pretty great news for me. Whatever needs to be done to avoid some of those painfully slow loading rides. Well, if they re anything like Beary Tales and Coast Rider.
Honestly, $7.50 for one expedited ride on GhostRider is a pretty good deal when faced with the alternative of a super slow standby line.

I've only done Coast Rider once. Not a fan of wild mouse coasters in general with their low capacity and slow lines, and then a few years after I rode CR they apparently added additional restraints to make it even more uncomfortable for adults to ride than that particular model normally would be. So if I'm ever in SoCal and feel a desire to ride that particular coaster (unlikely), I'll just do it less painfully at Legoland instead.

mickEblu

Honestly, $7.50 for one expedited ride on GhostRider is a pretty good deal when faced with the alternative of a super slow standby line.

I've only done Coast Rider once. Not a fan of wild mouse coasters in general with their low capacity and slow lines, and then a few years after I rode CR they apparently added additional restraints to make it even more uncomfortable for adults to ride than that particular model normally would be. So if I'm ever in SoCal and feel a desire to ride that particular coaster (unlikely), I'll just do it less painfully at Legoland instead.

For sure but I think it said starting at $7.50. I’m sure GhostRider will be on the higher end. Still probably worth it whatever it is as I won’t be spending the $100 ish for whatever their version of Genie + is.

Yeah it was a busy night and Coast Rider was one of the “shorter” coaster lines that my son could get on. A wild mouse coaster will never be worth any significant wait.

Phroobar

Original Poster

I don't know why they constrain your legs on Coast Rider. It really hurts for anyone over 5' 7". We are too tall for Coast Rider.

MoonRakerSCM

Multiple friends have interest in the Boysenberry Festival this year. Will likely go one of these weekends. How busy does the place get on weekends? Sunday less busy than saturday? I assume it's no where near as bad as Dland...

mickEblu

Multiple friends have interest in the Boysenberry Festival this year. Will likely go one of these weekends. How busy does the place get on weekends? Sunday less busy than saturday? I assume it's no where near as bad as Dland...

Don’t be so sure. All Knotts annual passes have zero blackout days.

mickEblu

So how crowded will Knotts be this Tuesday? Finally going back. It’s Spring Break (for LAUSD) so I have my expectations in check but I am comforted by two things…

1. The new Single use Fast Lanes
2. Spring Break in Orange County was last week

I’m planning on getting there at park opening with my son and doing at least Ghostrider, Pony Express, Timber Mountain Log ride, Jaguar, Sierra Sidewinder and (maybe) the Calico River Rapids ride. I’ll probably save the train for when we go back with the whole family and take my daughter after the new Camp Snoopy opens.

EDIT: Looks like Timber Mountain Log Ride is closed. At least today.

Last edited:

Emmanuel

So how crowded will Knotts be this Tuesday? Finally going back. It’s Spring Break (for LAUSD) so I have my expectations in check but I am comforted by two things…

1. The new Single use Fast Lanes
2. Spring Break in Orange County was last week

I’m planning on getting there at park opening with my son and doing at least Ghostrider, Pony Express, Timber Mountain Log ride, Jaguar, Sierra Sidewinder and (maybe) the Calico River Rapids ride. I’ll probably save the train for when we go back with the whole family and take my daughter after the new Camp Snoopy opens.

EDIT: Looks like Timber Mountain Log Ride is closed. At least today.

It probably won't be as bad now that the local schools around BP are done with spring break but LAUSD has spring break this week so might still see some sort of crowds but probably won't be as bad.

Looks like you have the right idea of getting there by park opening as you'll have a good chance of Ghostrider with a small wait.

Professortango1

It probably won't be as bad now that the local schools around BP are done with spring break but LAUSD has spring break this week so might still see some sort of crowds but probably won't be as bad.

Looks like you have the right idea of getting there by park opening as you'll have a good chance of Ghostrider with a small wait.
Riverside schools and many others are out this week as well.

mickEblu

Thank you. So what should the morning strategy be if I’m there between 9:30-10am? I imagine everyone is running to Ghost Rider. I guess the answer to this question depends on how far back I am in the rope drop line? I’m wondering if I should run straight to Ghostrider which would still be worth it if the line is 30 min or less or if I should run to Pony Express or Jaguar first and then maybe try my luck with one of those single use fast lanes for Ghostrider. I plan on buying some of those single use fast lanes for whatever rides make sense but they don’t go on sale until 2pm. I’m only planning on being ant the park until 3:30 pm or so. I have no idea how fast they sell out or how quickly those return times gets pushed to later on in the day.

Emmanuel

Thank you. So what should the morning strategy be if I’m there between 9:30-10am? I imagine everyone is running to Ghost Rider. I guess the answer to this question depends on how far back I am in the rope drop line? I’m wondering if I should run straight to Ghostrider which would still be worth it if the line is 30 min or less or if I should run to Pony Express or Jaguar first and then maybe try my luck with one of those single use fast lanes for Ghostrider. I plan on buying some of those single use fast lanes for whatever rides make sense but they don’t go on sale until 2pm. I’m only planning on being ant the park until 3:30 pm or so. I have no idea how fast they sell out or how quickly those return times gets pushed to later on in the day.

Some do go to ghostrider, others are waiting around for the rest of the park to open. Last time I did ghostrider before rope drop, I was able to get on Ghostrider with a 5 minute wait.

I haven't tried the single use Fast lane yet but when I checked the prices last time I was in the park, Ghostrider was the most expensive (I think it was in the $25-$30 range)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom