All things Knotts Berry Farm

PiratesMansion

I think there's a tendency by many coaster dorks who see talks of mergers and think only about their most immediate upside ("I only have to buy one pass instead of two!") without thinking of the ramifications, which to me skew negative.

Six Flags is a mess right now, and there's no way to guarantee that the current disaster of a CEO wouldn't retain his position (I have no idea who initiated this merger idea-I thought I had read the CF, for once, had proposed this, but alas, now I can't find any source stating that). Six Flags already tried to be a company with 40 parks 20 years ago, and it was a mess.

Cedar Fair isn't perfect, and could stand to more equitably distribute their CapEx, but is at least trying to run competent, decently maintained parks. To bring it to Knott's, if there's anything you love about Knott's that makes it atypical or different from a park like, say, Magic Mountain, I'd argue that nothing could endanger those positive, distinctive characteristics like a merger.

The one thing that might prohibit this is that Cedar Fair is structured in a very particular way that has made it difficult for it to be acquired or merged with other companies. But if this merger was CF initiated and/or the CF shareholders bite, all bets are off.

PiratesMansion

I don't know. What else would you put in such a narrow strip of land? Six Flags would leave it in pieces for the next thirty years.
In a merger scenario, they're going to be looking for any way possible to cut costs. It becomes very easy, then, to look at Montezuma, an old ride that's the last of its kind, and already in the middle of what seems to be a botched refurb, and just cut their losses.

They're not going to be thinking long term; the only thing on their mind will be 'save money now', even if that money turns out to be pennies.

Emmanuel

IMG_9189.jpg

Knotts will be making an announcement this week on Camp Snoopy

Emmanuel

I thought it was common knowledge that they were getting the new family coaster, but perhaps not?

Or perhaps this is something else.

Oh its getting more than the new family coaster

- The new coaster appears to have a launch and appears that riders will go through twice. The name of the coaster shown on the website is called "Snoopys tenderpaw twister coaster"
- All new off road rally promising to race longer in a jeep
- All new beagle express
- New swing ride called "Sallys Happy Swing" (website has it named as Sallys swing along)
-New Barrel Bridge adventure. The Snoopy and bird canoe will also relocate here as the entrance from the main gate will get new signage. Grizzly Creek lodge will be getting some updates and a new menu. The store appears to be also getting updated
-Camp Snoopy Theater will be redesigned to fit better into the land. Theater will have better shading and will have bigger stroller parking. The theater will also be used at night with a campfire being lit.
-Woodstocks Airmail will be moved to a new area called "Camp Post Office"

The Youtube description they wrote places the opening of the reimagined Camp Snoopy as Memorial Day weekend next year

Last edited:

AJFireman

Knott's also posted their Seasons of Fun schedule for 2024. Not sure if they do this normally or is it a follow up on Disneyland's Announcement.

Also Scary Farm Dates announced including November Dates which they haven't done since 2019

1000005381.jpg
1000005383.jpg

mickEblu

This renovated Camp Snoopy looks kind of nice. I’ve only seen the current version at night when it was very dark. Reminded me of walking through the old Big Thunder Trail. I’ll still be a pass holder when this opens in May but still hoping to get back over there 1-2 times by then. That August trip scarred us. Lol.

Phroobar

Original Poster
Camp Snoopy needed some TLC that Festiva Village got. The old Timber Mountain coaster always felt like a temporary carnival ride. This is much nicer. The restaurant needed some work. It was really bland and the food was awful. It is amazing how fast Knotts can get a project completed where Toon Town still has construction walls even after reopening.

No word on Montezuma. 😥

Disneyland/DCA

Now do that speed on the knott's track.

Also it's tragic to lose the camp snoopy steam engine to electric. But the rollercoaster looks fun though. Foresee very long lines

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom