All things Knotts Berry Farm

cmwade77

It’s already a mess with the limited capacity at Downtown Disney which then effects the parking situation. They are going to have to block off Downtown Disney if they open up the parks.
All they would need to do is open the parking structure and additional security there, wouldn't be too bad.

cmwade77

Because people are dying to stay at a hotel for a theme park they cant enter except for food? why open it? no one is going to stay there?
Honestly, if the price is right, I might consider it as a staycation for a few nights and I literally live less than 15 minutes away.

Of course if the Grand Californian were to open, even without the parks, I would consider using.some of my DVC points to stay there.

Phroobar

Original Poster
Because people are dying to stay at a hotel for a theme park they cant enter except for food? why open it? no one is going to stay there?
We've been known to just stay at hotels just for the pool. The kids love to swim. Places like that are ways to get out of the house and do something different. We would be perfectly happy going to the Knotts hotel, stay in the Snoopy room and do the food festival. At Legoland, it would also be fun to stay there and do some Lego shopping and look at miniland again. Not everything has to do with the rides.

Emmanuel

57486499-9A77-4E84-91C4-604A33A1DFF4.jpeg

Darkbeer1

Haunt like events are cancelled chain wide.

California's Great America and Carowinds will remain closed in 2020.

Cedar Point and Kings Island are offering.

>>A new “Tricks and Treats Fall Fest” will be introduced starting September 12. This event will take the place of HalloWeekends for 2020 only, and has been designed with unique entertainment, food and activities for all ages. This event will enable better social distancing and capacity management. You’ll hear more exciting details in the coming weeks. <<

cmwade77

This is completely unsurprising, disappointing for many, but not unsurprising.
Haunt like events are cancelled chain wide.

California's Great America and Carowinds will remain closed in 2020.

Cedar Point and Kings Island are offering.

>>A new “Tricks and Treats Fall Fest” will be introduced starting September 12. This event will take the place of HalloWeekends for 2020 only, and has been designed with unique entertainment, food and activities for all ages. This event will enable better social distancing and capacity management. You’ll hear more exciting details in the coming weeks. <<
Hopefully we can get Knott's to reopen and be able to offer something similar.

Darkbeer1

>>Finally, Canada’s Wonderland near Toronto and Knott’s Berry Farm in Buena Park, California, the Company’s only year-round park, will remain in a state of readiness as park teams continue their dialogue with authorities about the possibility of opening. Knott’s has successfully opened subsections of its property to host new food and merchandise offerings, as well as its California Marketplace, including the famous Mrs. Knott’s Chicken Dinner Restaurant. <<

Emmanuel

Screen Shot 2020-08-05 at 7.06.01 AM.png

In that announcement they didn't mention the daytime event Spooky Farm was also pushed to next year

Screen Shot 2020-08-05 at 7.06.32 AM.png

Merry Farm on the "Seasons of Fun" page had the dates for Merry Farm this year but was also updated to have no dates at all. Just mentions the period that they run it for so now even thats tentative since its still up in the air on when CA will be able to resume reopening of the state.

Professortango1

Told y'all. No one believed me. Again for the people in the back...YOU CAN'T HAVE HAUNT EVENTS AT THEME PARKS DURING A WORLD WIDE PANDEMIC. Man I'm tired of being right. Some around here owe me an apology.
We'll see if Six Flags keeps theirs as well as all the East Coast Haunts which occur. I think Haunted Hayride is still being built, but I do think that will be cancelled.

Tamandua

View attachment 489112

In that announcement they didn't mention the daytime event Spooky Farm was also pushed to next year

View attachment 489113

Merry Farm on the "Seasons of Fun" page had the dates for Merry Farm this year but was also updated to have no dates at all. Just mentions the period that they run it for so now even thats tentative since its still up in the air on when CA will be able to resume reopening of the state.

A lot of companies, organizations, schools, etc have said things to the effect of "we'll reevaluate in November." I think there's some expectation that things will change after the election, so Christmas events might be possible.

Rich T

A lot of companies, organizations, schools, etc have said things to the effect of "we'll reevaluate in November." I think there's some expectation that things will change after the election, so Christmas events might be possible.
The state of the virus spread and vaccine/treatment progress will determine what happens. The election is not the turning point. People are dying, far more are at risk, and idiots keep spreading the virus through thoughtless behavior. Christmas theme park events are not important. They’ll be back—hopefully—in 2021.

cmwade77

The state of the virus spread and vaccine/treatment progress will determine what happens. The election is not the turning point. People are dying, far more are at risk, and idiots keep spreading the virus through thoughtless behavior. Christmas theme park events are not important. They’ll be back—hopefully—in 2021.
Actually, more people are dying from depression and suicide than from COVID and it is something like 10 times the number of people dying from COVID due to the lockdowns. There also has been a major increase in child trafficking, domestic abuse, rapes, people dying from unemployment related reasons, so on and so forth. Theme park events may not seem like a big deal to you, but they are essential for the mental health and well being of several people (some of whom I personally know), it is also a big deal to a lot of the people that work for theme parks (again many of whom I personally know) that want to get back to work.

To make matters worse, due to the affordability of the meal plans at Knotts and some of the other theme parks, there are A LOT of people on fixed incomes that purchase the passes at the beginning of the year knowing that they are guaranteed at least two good meals a day and without the theme parks may not be able to afford to eat, especially those that don't know how to cook or are living in situations where they have no kitchens.

Not to mention all of the small businesses that are dependent on the theme parks to keep them running, this even includes many local farms who do indeed sell to other business and even local people, but without the business from the theme parks, they can't keep running and then that messes up our food supply, which causes even more problems.

We also can't keep eliminating all entertainment venues and expect to maintain mental health as a country, it doesn't work that way, people need things to go and do to stay physically and mentally healthy and not everyone is physically capable of walking trails, beaches, etc.

The list goes on and on, so don't say Christmas (or any other) theme park events are not important, they are far more important than you can ever imagine, in some cases a matter of literal life and death. I know this goes against everything the media keeps trying to portray, but this isn't about profits, it is about people and minimizing the suffering that is happening.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom