All things Knotts Berry Farm

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

These events come across as a real 'loophole'way Knott's can open their park and comes off a bit sleazy and disengenous. There is a reason theme park re-open guidelines have not been released in Cali...because it is not safe to do so. Knott's is using this to open the park only with no rides. Well theme parks are more than just rides. I was ok with knott's opening the market place but this comes off as Knott's trying to circumvent the governor.

Last edited:

Phroobar

Original Poster
If Knott's is doing it, there really is no reason for Disney to not do it other than they don't want to deal with the expense/effort.
Ahh, this is Disney. If there is $100 to extract from someone's wallet they are there. These are the same people that put couches on the upper level of Innoventions to serve people cheese plates for $75 a pop.

cmwade77

These events come across as a real 'loophole'way Knott's can open their park and comes off a bit sleazy and disengenous. There is a reason theme park re-open guidelines have not been released in Cali...because it is not safe to do so. Knott's is using this to open the park only with no rides. Well theme parks are more than just rides. I was ok with knott's opening the market place but this comes off as Knott's trying to circumvent the governor.
Actually, there are other reasons that can't be discussed on this thread on why theme park guidelines haven't been introduced. The reality is this just turns the theme park into an outdoor mall, which are allowed under the current guidelines.

Phroobar

Original Poster
Actually, there are other reasons that can't be discussed on this thread on why theme park guidelines haven't been introduced. The reality is this just turns the theme park into an outdoor mall, which are allowed under the current guidelines.
That was plan B for DCA at one point if the BVS and Carsland thing didn't pan out or get approved complete.

SevenSevens

All the available information out there is that covid doesn't spread well outdoors. Indoors, where the air can get stale and/or recirculated, results in superspreader events, due to the long exposure time and build up of virus in the air. The problem isn't people socially distanced eating outdoors at a picnic table, but being stuck in close proximity indoors such as a slow moving ride queue.

cmwade77

All the available information out there is that covid doesn't spread well outdoors. Indoors, where the air can get stale and/or recirculated, results in superspreader events, due to the long exposure time and build up of virus in the air. The problem isn't people socially distanced eating outdoors at a picnic table, but being stuck in close proximity indoors such as a slow moving ride queue.
Well in California, that wouldn't be as much of an issue due to the type of filtration systems required on the HVAC systems here, not to mention there are other ways to combat that issue indoors.

Phroobar

Original Poster
Some num nums at the Taste of Calico.

Knotts-Taste-of-Calico-Food.jpg

Knotts-Taste-of-Calcio-Drinks.jpg

knotts-1280x720.jpg

truecoat

Well in California, that wouldn't be as much of an issue due to the type of filtration systems required on the HVAC systems here, not to mention there are other ways to combat that issue indoors.
If it was built new maybe. I can't imagine all old units were retrofitted to scrub the air.

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

So it is just like I said, a "loophole" to open the park and stick it to the governor when it is not safe to open theme parks right now in California .

Last edited:

Jiggsawpuzzle35

If Knott's is doing it, there really is no reason for Disney to not do it other than they don't want to deal with the expense/effort.
It’s already a mess with the limited capacity at Downtown Disney which then effects the parking situation. They are going to have to block off Downtown Disney if they open up the parks.

Darkbeer1

Because people are dying to stay at a hotel for a theme park they cant enter except for food? why open it? no one is going to stay there?

Taste of Knott's, which is a larger event, starts that week.

The Hotel is basically a company asset not being used, so using it and bring in revenue is a plus, same as the Marketplace.

It doesn't take much manpower to run a Hotel at a low capacity.

Phroobar

Original Poster
Taste of Knott's, which is a larger event, starts that week.

The Hotel is basically a company asset not being used, so using it and bring in revenue is a plus, same as the Marketplace.

It doesn't take much manpower to run a Hotel at a low capacity.
Cool! I'll have to reserve the Snoopy room. My youngest would love it!

cmwade77

So it is just like I said, a "loophole" to open the park and stick it to the governor when it is not safe to open theme parks right now in California .
Actually, I would feel far safer at a theme park than Walmart or Target because the theme parks across the country are proving they can and will do what is necessary to reopen safely while Walmart and Target have proven time and time again they can't control their crowds. Even the nonprofit San Diego Zoo has proven itself safer than Walmart, Target, etc.

It is beyond time to reopen theme parks.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom