All things Knotts Berry Farm

Phroobar

Original Poster
Well I'm all signed up for next year.

I guess I'm suppose to get two free bring a friend tickets. Do I just show up at the gates with my friend and they let them in?

Darkbeer1

Well I'm all signed up for next year.

I guess I'm suppose to get two free bring a friend tickets. Do I just show up at the gates with my friend and they let them in?
When did you renew? October or November.

You had to renew by October 31st to get the bring a friend offer.

It works similar to the DLR sign in privileges. You show up at the ticket windows with your friend. Show your SP, they pull up your account, verify your photo and print a ticket only good that day for your friend. The second passholder has to be there to claim the other.

Phroobar

Original Poster
When did you renew? October or November.

You had to renew by October 31st to get the bring a friend offer.

It works similar to the DLR sign in privileges. You show up at the ticket windows with your friend. Show your SP, they pull up your account, verify your photo and print a ticket only good that day for your friend. The second passholder has to be there to claim the other.
Mid october during the sale. That's similar to the way magic mountain does it too.

Darkbeer1

Attention all Knott's Season Passholders.

There is a STRONG Rumor that today, Friday the 8th, Knott's will start to issue tickets to the November 21st Season Passholder Holiday Party.

This free event starts at 7 PM and previews the new Christmas Shows and events, and comes with a free Ornament.

There is a limited amount of tickets, and is on a first to register basis.

So keep an eye on your e-mails and Facebook.

Phroobar

Original Poster
Attention all Knott's Season Passholders.

There is a STRONG Rumor that today, Friday the 8th, Knott's will start to issue tickets to the November 21st Season Passholder Holiday Party.

This free event starts at 7 PM and previews the new Christmas Shows and events, and comes with a free Ornament.

There is a limited amount of tickets, and is on a first to register basis.

So keep an eye on your e-mails and Facebook.
If Disneyland did that it would $450 with a ticket to purchase a passholder ornament.

Darkbeer1

Ok, the rumor was SLIGHTLY wrong, Knott's just released an announcement...

Sign ups start November 14th, starting at 7 PM PST. So be near a device with internet access

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

I’m totally expecting it to be like Midway Mania. I didn’t care much for Iron Reef but at least it tried to be something new. Still better than that cheesy Buzz Lightyear ride.
I actually like Buzz better than Iron Reef which is sooooo lazy. move to screen + rider shoots screen + move to next screen and repeat.

MK-fan

I think that whole area needs a lot of TLC, the Bordwalk area doesn’t extend to the area and could use the old Roaring 20s theme again because it just currently sits there as a mish-mash of the shooter ride, bumper cars and the Charles Schultz theater. Especially since next year is the 100th anniversary of the 1920s itself. It’s the perfect fit. The land could use old time 20s vehicles, neon signs like it used to. Knotts could do it and I think it would be a hit.

Ismael Flores

I wish they would remove the huge outdoor stage and use that property for park development. Just have all the entertainment in the large Schultz theater. The addition of Hang-time really improved some of the visuals but it could be improved more, hoping for future family style attractions to eventually take over some o f those spinners that use more remove than necessary

Last edited:

Phroobar

Original Poster
I wish they would remove the huge outdoor stage and use that property for park development. Just have all the entertainment in the large Schultz theater. The addition of Hang-time really improved some of the visuals but it could be improved, hoping for future family style attractions to eventually take over some o f those spinners that use more remove than necessary
Actually I really like the huge outdoor stage. Unlike Disneyland's Fantasyland theater that is dormant years at a time, Knotts outdoor stage is used for the majority of the year. I've seen a lot of bands play there. The scenery also gets changed per season. Heck, even my daughter's dance troop danced there.

Darkbeer1

Boomerrangroof.jpg

Last edited:

Darkbeer1

OK, for those who can't read the captions...

The Roller Coaster seen in the photos was originally built and installed in 1990, replacing a Roller Coaster called "Corkscrew", installed in 1975 (The original prototype), which was relocated to the Silverwood Theme Park in 1990.

The Boomerang coaster was closed in 2017, then disassembled and shipped from California to Indonesia, where they were building a new mall, which included an indoor Theme Park, called Trans Studio (a chain). They bought the old coaster and placed it on the roof of the new Theme Park. That is what the photos are showing.

Boomerang was removed to allow another new Roller Coaster in this same location. The new Coaster was called Hangtime.

All three Roller Coasters operated next to the famous Mine Train attraction building.

And that location is at Knott's Berry Farm in Buena Park, just a few miles from a Rat infested property operated by Bob Chapek.

So it is Knott's old coaster, now placed on a rooftop in Indonesia.

Professortango1

Stevek

In the caption under the picture it clearly says "Knott's Berry Farm's 1990 Vekoma Rides Manufacturing B.V. BOOMERANG has found a second life on the rooftop of the Trans Studio Cibubur Theme Park in Indonesia. "

So....the roller coaster from KNOTTS BERRY FARM has been relocated since KNOTTS BERRY FARM had the coaster replaced by Hangtime. That's why it was posted in a KNOTTS BERRY FARM post. :D
Well, for me, I can only see the blue font so most of the lettering is in a color that blends into the background. Unless I highlight everything, this is what I see Knott's Berry Farm Vekoma Rides Manufacturing B.V. Trans Studio Cibubur

This is caused by using Dark Mode on the site. Once I change to normal I can see the full caption.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom