All things Knotts Berry Farm

Phroobar

Original Poster
The Camp Snoopy store clock is more charming than 90% of DCA.
It sounds like Small World.
1000003064.jpg

Phroobar

Original Poster
There is a new store building by Hang Time that scans your credit card as you enter. You pick up anything and leave with it. It charges your card automatically. It's like those unmanned stores in Japan.
1000003058.jpg

Touchdown

So….

Spooky Season is coming up, when will Knotts be announcing the specific houses of KSF? Looking forward to returning for the first time in 3 years.

Touchdown

I just can’t see them moving on from Origins unless Ghost Town Live ends. Tying the summer event to the green witch and having her be the star of the maze just makes too much sense. I suspect they will give it a twist before getting rid of it. Trick or Treat lasted how long? Plus you can’t get rid of scary Cattywapas, you just can’t.

Professortango1

I hope Origins does get a revamp or replaced. Its not bad, but its not a favourite of mine, especially with the screens throughout. My issue with it and Grimoire was that the story wasn't clear unless you knew it walking in. I went with two friends last year who aren't forum jockeys like us, and the storytelling/Easter eggs did no resonate with them.

PiratesMansion

I hope Origins does get a revamp or replaced. Its not bad, but its not a favourite of mine, especially with the screens throughout. My issue with it and Grimoire was that the story wasn't clear unless you knew it walking in. I went with two friends last year who aren't forum jockeys like us, and the storytelling/Easter eggs did no resonate with them.
I love Origins and hope it stays, especially since there were at least three houses there last year that I thought were a mess (Grimoire being one of them).

D.Silentu

My issue with it and Grimoire was that the story wasn't clear unless you knew it walking in. I went with two friends last year who aren't forum jockeys like us, and the storytelling/Easter eggs did not resonate with them.
I agree; experiencing it for the first time last year I think the exposition needed some work. They did have videos playing in line but I don't believe they got the job done. However, I'm more curious to see if they will have adapted Bloodlines after the light guns disappeared. I was excited to try that last visit, but on top of the disappointingly absent guns, the maze felt empty. I must give credit to the outstanding set design though.

Nirya

Honestly? Good. I have a feeling they planned for that to be the replacement for Spec Ops with the guns and since they removed that aspect last year, the maze was always going to suffer. It's in one of the prime locations at the park, and they've usually put absolute bangers in that spot, so hopefully next year's replacement is a hitter.

Phroobar

Original Poster
So no show in the Walter Knott theater? Just an exhibit? Yours Cruelly, Elvira Xxperience. That seems cheap. Still, sounds better than last year's show and Puppet Up. This thing better not be sponsored by Snickers.

MK-fan

I hope Knott’s isn’t going into a downward spiral. First they close down Mystery Lodge, then they get rid of the Wild West Stunt Show. In recent years, Xcelerator was down for a long amount of time due to not having the right parts for it to be fixed. Montezooma’s Revenge has been postponed for two years at the very least due to issues with the ride manufacturer. Camp Snoopy was nowhere near ready when it got its grand reopening last month and went through intense budget cuts on most of what was announced in December. Now they’ve merged with Six Flags which I hope is for the better and not for the worse.

Phroobar

Original Poster
I hope Knott’s isn’t going into a downward spiral. First they close down Mystery Lodge, then they get rid of the Wild West Stunt Show. In recent years, Xcelerator was down for a long amount of time due to not having the right parts for it to be fixed. Montezooma’s Revenge has been postponed for two years at the very least due to issues with the ride manufacturer. Camp Snoopy was nowhere near ready when it got its grand reopening last month and went through intense budget cuts on most of what was announced in December. Now they’ve merged with Six Flags which I hope is for the better and not for the worse.
The Mystery Lodge has been close for many years. It needed to be replace. It was originally shut down for the large expansion of Fort Calico project that would expand the park into backstage areas and added a new coaster. This was confirmed by Dark Beer years ago. This was cancelled due to the pandemic.

Second the stunt show has been gone for years when Krazy Kirk took over the venue. They pack each performance far more than the stunt show ever did.

Third Xcelerator was repainted than then shut down because it's sister coaster Top Thrill was closed do an accident and a major defect was found. Xcelerator was closed until the defect was fixed on both coasters. It has returned.

Montezooma had contractor problems that couldn't complete the bid. Just like when you remodel your house and your contractor screws you over by not delivering. It is completely under wraps right now and work is being done.

Camp Snoopy delivered it's rides and new features. I think the theater is still coming but couldn't be completed before Haunt since that is the exit to one of the mazes. It feels temporary.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom