All things Knotts Berry Farm

Phroobar

Original Poster
Camp Snoopy Off Road Rally now goes all the way to the camp train. New jeep vehicles. No horns

Attachments

• PXL_20240628_233436714.jpg
    PXL_20240628_233436714.jpg
    250 KB · Views: 22
  • PXL_20240628_233843253.jpg
    PXL_20240628_233843253.jpg
    283.6 KB · Views: 23
  • PXL_20240628_233748923.jpg
    PXL_20240628_233748923.jpg
    233.1 KB · Views: 25
  • PXL_20240628_233803540.jpg
    PXL_20240628_233803540.jpg
    151.2 KB · Views: 24

Phroobar

Original Poster
The coaster is done. It goes around twice just like the old one. Very cute.

Attachments

• PXL_20240628_233535939.jpg
    PXL_20240628_233535939.jpg
    221 KB · Views: 21
  • PXL_20240628_233627634.jpg
    PXL_20240628_233627634.jpg
    116.5 KB · Views: 21
  • PXL_20240628_233537846.jpg
    PXL_20240628_233537846.jpg
    235.7 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:

Phroobar

Original Poster
There is no changes to the rocks and waterfall. The moose restaurant has not been upgraded yet. I think there is still work to do.

Phroobar

Original Poster
The clock is missing at the store. The Entrance Marquee on the stage coach bridge is not installed. The rocking canoe is still missing from its new location. Very unfinished product.
Very true. The canoe and sign aren't up yet. I don't think the clock is coming back. That store has been done for months.

Phroobar

Original Poster
There are things missing.

This meet & greet hasn't been built yet.

iu

The theater hasn't started construction but I remember seeing the large footings for it. I think it is still coming but after Haunt.

iu

I assume the sign will show up fairly soon since the Snoopy statue is there. It looks like he is holding nothing.
iu
PXL_20240628_233139874.jpg

Phroobar

Original Poster
I think they really need to fix the rocks area by the balloons queue. It's the roof of the Cave In ice cream store. Yesterday I say a kid sitting on the ledge of the store. The parents did nothing. I saw an employee walk by and didn't notice or really care. When they pay mimium wage, that person will never go beyond their responsibility. That area is being used for kid rock climbing and has a thirty foot drop. Seems to happen every day.

I saw adults sitting and standing on the rocks on the other side. There is a ten foot drop there. I know the place was crowded but people just blindly put themselves in danger. I hope Knott's finishes the things they showed in the concept art. A lot of it is related to safety

PiratesMansion

Hence the reason Knotts runs one car on Ghost Rider.
There are Six Flags parks out there that regularly run as many trains as are available out there. Cedar Fair parks too (Kings Island, Cedar Point, etc).

There was a quote on Reddit once that I found to be extremely accurate: "Knott’s is an extremely popular pseudo-destination park that is run like a bottom tier regional theme park."

At a certain point it sort of has to become the park's fault. Now perhaps it's a lack of funding/support from higher ups, but given that the park pulls in more attendance than any other park the company operates (which will continue to be true even with Six Flags parks now in the mix), I sure hope that's not it.

Phroobar

Original Poster
There might be something mechanically wrong to keep one car running but I see Xcellerator also has one car running. It feels like a Magic Mountain move because this wasn't always the case. Over at Camp Snoopy the new coaster has loading problems. It might be the staff still figuring it out but they do a lot standing around waiting for some unknown thing between each run. Even the guy at the board looks like he is just sitting there or talking to other people.

I've noticed less people doing the food festival things. The special food is pretty much all year long now and I think people are over it.

PiratesMansion

There might be something mechanically wrong to keep one car running but I see Xcellerator also has one car running. It feels like a Magic Mountain move because this wasn't always the case. Over at Camp Snoopy the new coaster has loading problems. It might be the staff still figuring it out but they do a lot standing around waiting for some unknown thing between each run. Even the guy at the board looks like he is just sitting there or talking to other people.

I've noticed less people doing the food festival things. The special food is pretty much all year long now and I think people are over it.
I noticed during one of the twoish trips I've had to Knott's where Xcelerator has actually been open that it takes much, much longer for them to load each train than it does for the train on the course to come back around. I imagine in the case of that ride there's a negligible difference in capacity when they run one train vs. two.

The new coaster could well be either new ride hiccups or typical bad Knott's ops. Hard to say.

Hard to say on the food festival front without the experience on my part. I still tend to enjoy them when I come across them because my closest park is two hours away (the closest park that does anything resembling a food festival is four hours away), so for me it's novel. I could see it being annoying for some that are close by, but then it seems like there must be a following of people snatching up these offerings if they keep coming back, so who can say. Gotta keep people coming back, and a food festival, so far, seems like a can't lose way to do that. People have complained about F&W at WDW (and at DCA too) for about a decade and yet it seems to get bigger every year even so.

Phroobar

Original Poster
I noticed during one of the twoish trips I've had to Knott's where Xcelerator has actually been open that it takes much, much longer for them to load each train than it does for the train on the course to come back around. I imagine in the case of that ride there's a negligible difference in capacity when they run one train vs. two.

The new coaster could well be either new ride hiccups or typical bad Knott's ops. Hard to say.

Hard to say on the food festival front without the experience on my part. I still tend to enjoy them when I come across them because my closest park is two hours away (the closest park that does anything resembling a food festival is four hours away), so for me it's novel. I could see it being annoying for some that are close by, but then it seems like there must be a following of people snatching up these offerings if they keep coming back, so who can say. Gotta keep people coming back, and a food festival, so far, seems like a can't lose way to do that. People have complained about F&W at WDW (and at DCA too) for about a decade and yet it seems to get bigger every year even so.
I think the food has just become a normal weekend operating thing at Knotts that most people just treat it as another place to eat. Disney folks are a little more crazy about such things.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom