All things Knotts Berry Farm

Phroobar

Original Poster
I found out the gold 2020 refill cups are still good until June 15th. They are selling the new purple year long refills for this year.

MK-fan

New eatery/brewery coming to Roaring 20’s Boardwalk area Summer 2022.
From Five Fires YouTube:

Attachments

• 9758C23B-A73F-4B56-98AF-473D3D55B8F7.png
    9758C23B-A73F-4B56-98AF-473D3D55B8F7.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 150
  • D68EF7D9-18EC-48D4-AE84-E2131C4BA94B.png
    D68EF7D9-18EC-48D4-AE84-E2131C4BA94B.png
    897 KB · Views: 148

D.Silentu

For a second there, before I looked at the picture, I dared to hope that they were turning the 'Blind Tiger' into a real venue. Looks nice, though.

MK-fan

Seems like Joe Storbeck and management at Knott’s are really putting their foot on the pedal. The giga coaster/expansion rumors, a new roaring 20’s pizza eatery and a big renovation for Montezuma’s Revenge. I only hope they they do an extensive refurbishment to Fiesta Village along with the Montezuma refurb. Fiesta Village is the only land to not get some tlc over the last ten years.

J4546

im not into the gigacoaster at all, its way out of scale with the park. keep those in magic mountain please. Im a big fan of the 1920s area refresh. Id like it if they carried that aesthetic all the way through the boardwalk area cause that boardwalk theming is really weak

Phroobar

Original Poster
New eatery/brewery coming to Roaring 20’s Boardwalk area Summer 2022.
From Five Fires YouTube:
That looks like the Hollywood Hits Pizza location. That explains why it is closed now. That will be a great change to that back corner of the park.

MK-fan

im not into the gigacoaster at all, its way out of scale with the park. keep those in magic mountain please. Im a big fan of the 1920s area refresh. Id like it if they carried that aesthetic all the way through the boardwalk area cause that boardwalk theming is really weak
I hear ya but at least it will be outside the park. Silver Bullet is such an eye sore, I wish they would just get ride of it.

CaptinEO

The sad thing is Knotts has been more of a roller coaster focused park than anything for 20 years now.

I like roller coasters but only a few, don't need a park filled with them.

Emmanuel

That looks like the Hollywood Hits Pizza location. That explains why it is closed now. That will be a great change to that back corner of the park.

That back corner will blend in more better with the new scare zone during Scary Farm. I always wanted that part to be renovated and I'm glad to see they're doing something in that part!

Phroobar

Original Poster
The sad thing is Knotts has been more of a roller coaster focused park than anything for 20 years now.

I like roller coasters but only a few, don't need a park filled with them.
I don't agree with that. The only coaster that was added since Matt Ouimet's addition as CEO in 2011 was Hangtime and that replaced the broken ancient Boomerang. Since then they added Iron Reef/Beary Tales, updated the raft ride with AA characters and remodeled both the log ride and mine car ride with new AAs and effects. They also added six flat rides. I don't see their focus being coasters at all since Matt Ouimet took over.

Everything before that was Cedar Fair execs that bought it originally to turn it into one of their properties.
Sierra Sidewinder in 2007
Pony Express in 2006
Silver Bullet in 2003
Xcelerator was in 2001
Ghost Rider in 1998.

MK-fan

I don't agree with that. The only coaster that was added since Matt Ouimet's addition as CEO in 2011 was Hangtime and that replaced the broken ancient Boomerang. Since then they added Iron Reef/Beary Tales, updated the raft ride with AA characters and remodeled both the log ride and mine car ride with new AAs and effects. They also added six flat rides. I don't see their focus being coasters at all since Matt Ouimet took over.

Everything before that was Cedar Fair execs that bought it originally to turn it into one of their properties.
Sierra Sidewinder in 2007
Pony Express in 2006
Silver Bullet in 2003
Xcelerator was in 2001
Ghost Rider in 1998.
Don’t forget Coast Rider in 2013

Last edited:

Phroobar

Original Poster
Don’t forget Coast Rider in 2013
Coast Rider kind of came with the Scrambler and the glider ride that replaced Perilous Plunge. I guess you can say one New coaster and one Replacement coaster in ten years. Hardly an emphasis on coasters. Knotts isn't Magic Mountain were they get a new one every year or two.

MK-fan

Overall, the last 10 years have been very successful for the park.

In 2012, Matt came in and showed the park some tlc, little things like cleanliness, changing theme music, rebuilding structures etc and closing the problematic Perilous Plunge.

In 2013, the Boardwalk expansion opened with Coast Rider, Surfside Gliders and relocated Pacific Scrambler. Timber Mountain Log Ride got a huge update. The Knott’s Berry Bloom promotion begins. The problematic Windseeker was also removed.

In 2014, Camp Snoopy celebrated its 30th anniversary by returning the area and rides as well as opening some new ones. Calico Mine Ride got a huge update.

In 2015, Voyage to the Iron Reef opened. The Screamin’ Swing eyesore was also removed. Knott’s Berry Bloom Festival expands into the Wiley popular Knott’s Boysenberry Festival.

In 2016, Ghost Town celebrated it’s 75th anniversary with a fully renovated Ghostrider, new Ghost Town stage, rebuilding a lot of the old ghost town building along with alot of tlc, as well as the successful Ghost Town Alive promotion (a revived promotion from 30 years earlier). The California Mission models return to Fiesta Village. Mrs. Knott’s Chicken Dinner Restaurant major renovation and Rip Tide removal.

In 2017, Boardwalk Barbecue opens and Sol Spin ride opens. Boomerang closes.

In 2018, Hangtime opens. New Peanuts Celebration promotion starts. Wipeout is relocated in a more aesthetically pleasing area.

In 2019, Bigfoot Rapids is updated to Calico River Rapids. The Knott’s Summer Nights promotion begins.

In 2020, park is closed most of the year due to covid.

In 2021, park celebrates 100th anniversary with new shows, decor, old ride photo ops and new “K” illuminated logo. Knott’s Bear-y Tales opens.

Professortango1

If Beary Tales was a quality attraction, it would help balance out some of the changes. But sadly, it was another cheap attempt at rounding out offerings and we got another ride that doesn't draw.

I appreciate the updates to Bigfoot, but the ride is still heavily impacted by Pony Expresses' footprint.

The reason coasters seem to be dominating the new park is because they are dominating the park. Silver Bullet and Pony Express do so much harm to the look and feel of those sections. The back corner has been a lost cause of metal supports ever since the Soap Box Racers were replaced with Windjammer.

And now we have another giant coaster jutting up out of Ghost Town. While it will be off to the side, it is yet another instance of unthemed steel hindering some of the best themed areas of the park.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom