All things Knotts Berry Farm

Nirya

given this is la, he will be back out on the streets stealing and robbing to get his fix by the end of the day. I swear I love LA, but its getting so bad that its almost laughable
So your bad post got deleted, after you were corrected over how bad and wrong it was, and you decided to just go for it a second time, huh?

Honestly hope the mods leave this one up, maybe you’ll learn something.

SplashGhost

Anyone know how Knott’s crowds have been lately? I’m thinking of buying tickets for tomorrow.

And, what’s the deal with Hangtime being closed? 🙁

I was there on a weekday last week and it was extremely crowded. GhostRider had a 2-3 hour line the entire time I was there, even at closing. Pretty much any good ride had an hour plus wait till closer to the park closing.

Calico River Rapids was closed the entire time I was there, and that is their best attraction for capacity.

Ryan120420

Anyone know how Knott’s crowds have been lately? I’m thinking of buying tickets for tomorrow.

And, what’s the deal with Hangtime being closed? 🙁

Extremely busy. The park is the busiest I've ever seen it my 20 years of visiting.

If you plan on riding any of the big attractions outside of the first 2 hours of park operation I highly suggest buying FastLane. The wait times have been ridiculously long. GhostRider last Tuesday the queue mid day was completely full and spilling out into Ghost Town! That is easily a 3 hour wait and it was a Tuesday!

SoCalDisneyLover

Extremely busy. The park is the busiest I've ever seen it my 20 years of visiting.

If you plan on riding any of the big attractions outside of the first 2 hours of park operation I highly suggest buying FastLane. The wait times have been ridiculously long. GhostRider last Tuesday the queue mid day was completely full and spilling out into Ghost Town! That is easily a 3 hour wait and it was a Tuesday!
Of the 3 Parks Not named Disney, Knott's benefited the most. Their passes are beyond reasonable. They have a Water Park, for anyone who's interested in that. You get a great deal with the meal plan if you visit often. And it's a couple miles from Disneyland, so for anyone in The O.C. who wants to have an Annual Pass, Knott's is where they'll go.

Sure, people will run back to Disney, whenever they come out with their money sucking, better for them than for you, "membership" program. But a lot won't. So my guess is that this, unfortunately, is the new norm. I guess I don't mind because it's such a good deal, and I'm always able to do a couple of fun things each time I visit. And I'm hoping that after September, it will ease by a decent amount.

But if you are going 1 time, I would strongly consider investing in the FastLane. I think right now given no program at DL, it's much, much worse for single day ticket buyers so far as wait times go. Making FastLane almost a necessity.

PiratesMansion

I get that there's only so much they can do with the rides they have, but it'd be nice if they'd use their higher visitation as a reason to improve their operations.

Cedar Fair's parks in Ohio have solid operations. No reason Knott's can't.

SplashGhost

Of the 3 Parks Not named Disney, Knott's benefited the most. Their passes are beyond reasonable. They have a Water Park, for anyone who's interested in that. You get a great deal with the meal plan if you visit often. And it's a couple miles from Disneyland, so for anyone in The O.C. who wants to have an Annual Pass, Knott's is where they'll go.

Sure, people will run back to Disney, whenever they come out with their money sucking, better for them than for you, "membership" program. But a lot won't. So my guess is that this, unfortunately, is the new norm. I guess I don't mind because it's such a good deal, and I'm always able to do a couple of fun things each time I visit. And I'm hoping that after September, it will ease by a decent amount.

But if you are going 1 time, I would strongly consider investing in the FastLane. I think right now given no program at DL, it's much, much worse for single day ticket buyers so far as wait times go. Making FastLane almost a necessity.

I am hoping that Knott's uses this as motivation to expand and add new high capacity attractions. I know that they are very limited with land, but it has been talked about a lot how a giga or hyper can still fit in the park if it goes outside of it like GhostRider does.

I personally hope that Knott's gets a B&M Hyper or Giga that consistently runs three trains in the next few years. It would also be great to get a good, long, and well themed mine train themed coaster that is high capacity, as well as a high capacity and high quality dark ride in the next 5 years.

I get that there's only so much they can do with the rides they have, but it'd be nice if they'd use their higher visitation as a reason to improve their operations.

Cedar Fair's parks in Ohio have solid operations. No reason Knott's can't.

Knott's rides don't tend to have the greatest capacity, but they can greatly improve operations. I feel Cedar Fair doesn't put as much effort into Knott's as they should, since they know it will be extremely successful because of its location.

Ryan120420

I am hoping that Knott's uses this as motivation to expand and add new high capacity attractions. I know that they are very limited with land, but it has been talked about a lot how a giga or hyper can still fit in the park if it goes outside of it like GhostRider does.

I personally hope that Knott's gets a B&M Hyper or Giga that consistently runs three trains in the next few years. It would also be great to get a good, long, and well themed mine train themed coaster that is high capacity, as well as a high capacity and high quality dark ride in the next 5 years.

Knott's rides don't tend to have the greatest capacity, but they can greatly improve operations. I feel Cedar Fair doesn't put as much effort into Knott's as they should, since they know it will be extremely successful because of its location.

Knotts was suppose to get Leviathan in 2012/13 but Cedar Fair backed out at the last moment before the ride was suppose to go to manufacturing and sent the ride plans to Canada's Wonderland and Knotts got CoastRider instead.

The park definitely could use a 3 train B&M coaster. However knowing how Knott's operates things, It would never run 3 trains. HangTime is capable of running 3 trains and I have never seen that ride running all 3 at once.

SplashGhost

Knotts was suppose to get Leviathan in 2012/13 but Cedar Fair backed out at the last moment before the ride was suppose to go to manufacturing and sent the ride plans to Canada's Wonderland and Knotts got CoastRider instead.

The park definitely could use a 3 train B&M coaster. However knowing how Knott's operates things, It would never run 3 trains. HangTime is capable of running 3 trains and I have never seen that ride running all 3 at once.

Knott's has gotten even more popular since 2013, so Cedar Fair desperately needs to invest in a Hyper or Giga for the park. CoastRider is definitely something that I would be okay getting removed, but not much can be done with its space. Instead of giving the Ohio parks all the best coasters, Cedar Fair needs to give California something amazing.

HangTime has a really short ride cycle, which would make 3 train ops hard even at a park with faster ops. They really needed to have a separate unload station and that would have helped things a lot. Hopefully if we ever get a three train B&M at Knott's, everything is designed to optimize having the faster ops possible.

cmwade77

We haven't had a bad experience with crowds yet, but we mostly go for the entertainment, which there is TONS of.

Something interesting to note that I have noticed at ALL theme parks over the past couple of months is that the times to eat that seem to have the shortest lines are at about noon and then again about 5 PM. The longest lines are about 2 to 4 PM and then again about 6 PM to 8 PM.

truecoat

He was taken to the hospital for a mental health evaluation.

must watch johnny depp GIF

SevenSevens

I really want to like Knott's more. But as someone who physically can't handle most coasters (I have orthostatic hypotension, which causes most coasters to give me bad headaches and lose vision while on high G portions), there's just not enough for me to do there.

cmwade77

I really want to like Knott's more. But as someone who physically can't handle most coasters (I have orthostatic hypotension, which causes most coasters to give me bad headaches and lose vision while on high G portions), there's just not enough for me to do there.
I don't do any of their coasters. In fact the only rides I do are:
Beary Tales
Steam Train
Stage Coach
Log Ride
Mine Train
Rapids Ride

But can easily go an entire day and do nothing but go to the various entertainment offerings and not be bored once from park opening to closing. And that doesn't count things like the Blacksmith, museum, the school house, town hall, watching the glass blowers, etc. Add in the carnival games that are fun to do occasionally and there really is plenty to do without a single ride. Even more if you count the recreation of Independence Hall and such that are outside the park.

cmwade77

I have to agree. Knott's is actually MUCH better than average for non-coaster offerings, especially when entertainment is taken into account.

Silver Dollar City and Dollywood are about the only ones that are similar or better in that regard that are coming to me at the moment.
Yes, we went to both Silver Dollar City and Dollywood end of June/beginning of July last year and they had an incredible amount of entertainment then and there was a lot that wasn't running due to COVID. Definitely want to go back to both with everything running.

Disney does well with dark rides and non coaster rides, but they have been cutting entertainment like crazy (even before COVID) and that isn't a good thing.

SplashGhost

I was at Knott's tonight for my second visiting after reopening and it was insanely crowded. Once again GhostRider had a 2-3 hour line the entire time I was there and the single rider line was closed. They are definitely still understaffed, but at least food ops are much better than at Disney. Ride ops are a different story. When I tried to ride the Log Ride, they were only loading one side, so I just gave up. Calico River Rapids has some of the faster ops in the park, but I noticed several empty rafts being ran when they were people in line, which was quite odd.

Also, Montezooma's Revenge desperately needs to get rid of Fast Lane. The ride is not compatible with it and it is responsible for slowing operations on the ride down to a halt. I still had fun, and am starting to just view the park when it is really crowded as a nice place to walk around, get something to eat and ride a few rides. If I was trying to actually do all the major rides in a day with the current crowds, it would be extremely stressful.

cmwade77

I was at Knott's tonight for my second visiting after reopening and it was insanely crowded. Once again GhostRider had a 2-3 hour line the entire time I was there and the single rider line was closed. They are definitely still understaffed, but at least food ops are much better than at Disney. Ride ops are a different story. When I tried to ride the Log Ride, they were only loading one side, so I just gave up. Calico River Rapids has some of the faster ops in the park, but I noticed several empty rafts being ran when they were people in line, which was quite odd.

Also, Montezooma's Revenge desperately needs to get rid of Fast Lane. The ride is not compatible with it and it is responsible for slowing operations on the ride down to a halt. I still had fun, and am starting to just view the park when it is really crowded as a nice place to walk around, get something to eat and ride a few rides. If I was trying to actually do all the major rides in a day with the current crowds, it would be extremely stressful.
Also, it is great if you just want to do the entertainment.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom