All There Is To Eat At WDW Are Burgers and Fries!!

BuddyThomas

You're just not willing to concede this point, are you? Here is a partial listing of what you can get in the MK every day:

Pepperoni Flatbread
Italian Flatbread Sub
Caprese Flatbread
Spicy Chicken Sandwich
Mediterranean Salad
Meatball Sub Sandwich
Chicken Breast Nuggets
Caesar Salad with Chicken
Taco Salad
Southwest Chicken Salad
BBQ Pork Sandwich
1/3-Pound Angus Bacon Cheeseburger
Deluxe Chicken Sandwich
Vegetable Burger
Broccoli Peppercorn Salad
Garden Harvest Salad
Vegetarian Chili
New England Clam Chowder
Fried Shrimp Plate
Battered Fish Platter
Grilled Salmon
Lighthouse Sandwich
Anchors Aweigh Sandwich
Lobster Roll
Chili Cheese Dog
Barbecue Slaw Dog
Polish Sausage
Hot Dog Meal
Ball Park Nachos
Corn Dog Nuggets

Do you see where we are coming from now????? And this isn't even listing all of the QS places to eat, and I see GREAT diversity all over the place in what you can get to eat!
Girls, girls, you're both pretty!

Californian Elitist

I am not grounding your point as I have no horse in this race. No experience with Disneyland, so I can neither confirm nor deny that what you have to say is true.

As for Magic Kingdom offering more diverse food, its not a very diverse park ethnicity wise so it would be a hard thing to accomplish and stay on theme. Epcot offers enough diversity for the entire resort. DL has two parks, WDW has 4. SO more food options spread out over more parks. Point being, there is evidence that MK offers more than just burgers and fries as the OP was originally stating. Just because you feel that sushi and pasta should be offered at a counter service venue does not mean that there are not other choices to the typical burger and fries. I for one have had but one burger out of all the times I have been in the world, and have never once felt like it was my only option.

-___-

Okay.

slappy magoo

Aha, so you choose to go around my point.

Whether the conversation is about the DLR and WDW, they belong to the same company. People are making up excuses for generic food offered at WDW in terms of quick service when the same company offers a variety of food for quick service at their other property.

The point Flynn and I are trying to make is the restaurants could serve a more variety of food. That's all.

Nationwide restaurant chains have regional offerings, as well as international offerings. For example McDonald's in Main offers a lobster roll seasonally and fried rice and "McSpaghetti" options in the Phillipines. Belonging to the same company is not as relevant as catering to the crowds you have. In WDW's case, their footprint is SO big, the MK can have more limited menu offerings because of all the other resorts, the other theme park eateries, that can offer that variety. Plus, all of WDW's efforts to keep guests onsite for the duration of their vacation, affords them the luxury to cut costs by homogenizing its menu; if they see an exodus of guests that can be attributed to a perceived lack of menu offerings, they'll change their tune.

Whereas over in Anaheim, DL's footprint is smaller, there are only 2 parks, 3 hotels and 1 "entertainment district" in a dense area, with much easier access to the outside world and fewer incentives to keep guests from touring the rest of the area. In fact, you can buy a Southern Cali Citypass that includes a 3 day DL pass as well as tickets to Seaworld and Universal. I could be wrong but I don't think such a thing exists in orlando, a pass for many other Orlando attractions, that also includes WDW tickets, except for WDW's own Park Hopper & Water Park etc. options. So over at DL there's more of an incentive to keep people onsite once they're there, and a greater variety of food is one way to do that. Until they can figure out a way to build 2 more parks and a butt load of hotels and parking ON TOP OF the parks and hotels they already have, stacking them like a parking deck, they're limited with what they can do to keep people from roaming.

Tink28

This reminded me of a family on the bus from MCO (all UK families and before DME) We were on the I-4 and a little boy near us pointed to a large billboard and said 'look Mum they have McDonalds in America!' to which his Mother replied 'That's good at least we will be able to eat McDonalds if we don't like American food'. I was stunned into silence!!

DH and I just got back from 4 nights and I did not have 1 burger and no fries. We ate some of the most amazing food I have ever had. I am just now, 3 days later, starting to de-bloat from all the great food! We ate at Yachtsman, Tokyo Dining, some kiosks at the Flower & Garden, Columbia Harbor House, Kona Cafe - crazy good food!

slappy magoo

DH and I just got back from 4 nights and I did not have 1 burger and no fries.

Honestly, I think is the only "comeback" line anyone needs.

"Disney World is the worst, I couldn't find anything else to eat besides burgers and fries!"
"Wow, you must not have looked very hard for restaurants, I spent (X) days there last (Y) and I never ate a burger at all."

Although to be honest I think my first day there on our last trip I had one.

Weather_Lady

Inspired by @slappy magoo, I started thinking about all of my CS meals the last time I visited WDW. I had:

Arrival day (lunch at the Roaring Fork, WL) - Roast beef and bleu sandwich with cucumber salad
Day 2 (lunch at Be Our Guest, MK) - Vegetable quiche with baby greens salad
Day 3 (lunch at ABC Commissary, HS) - Seafood platter with steamed broccoli
Day 4 (lunch at Restarauntosaurus, AK) - Black bean burger with avocado spread and apple slices
Day 5 (lunch at Tangierine Cafe, Epcot) - Shawarma chicken and lamb platter with couscous, tabouleh, bread and hummus
Day 6 (lunch at Columbia Harbor House, MK) - Lobster roll with coleslaw
Day 7 (lunch at Backlot Express, HS) - Turkey sandwich (I believe -- it might have been a chicken sandwich of some kind, though, as my memory of this meal is fuzzy) with carrot sticks

I love burgers and I love fries and wasn't trying to avoid them, yet during our visit I had not a single burger (unless you count the black bean "burger," which I don't -- I think the comment related by the OP was complaining about the classic American beef burger) and not a single french fry! In fact, of the 6 different CS establishments I visited, just half even have burgers on their menu. By selecting what sounded best to me at the time on each occasion, I even ended up with two vegetarian meals, without even trying. There is indeed variety to be had! :)

Last edited:

WDW 3

Couple things. It's too bad that, that person is now out there giving the wrong impression to other people and we went for a week and had our one and only burger on the last day a Pecos Bills :)

flynnibus

Premium Member
But considering the original complaint is that there's nothing but "burgers and fries," and when you consider that "subs" isn't the same as "A sub," "salads" aren't the same thing as "A salad," "Sandwiches" aren't the same thing as "A sandwich," there's already far more diversity than what the person the OP was complaining about insisted was there

We all know people are a bit hyperboylic when describing things like that, and its pretty safe to assume the person didn't mean there was nothing on the menu but burgers :) But conversely to basically call that person an idiot because people want to throw out things like comparing table service, many parks, etc when we are talking about adhoc QSR dining.. is also just putting blinders on and defending on party lines.

But the theme of the thread isn't "can WDW fast food offerings be more diverse?" It's "are ALL of WDW's offerings NOT diverse?"

And what does 'all of WDW' do for you when you are in a park and hungry now. Are you going to divert yourself 2+ hours to park hop to somewhere else to come back? Do you want to leave your park because of food? Instead of looking at it as 'WDW' if people actually looked at individual examples, the problems become more clear.

One would hope with the captive audience, scale, and economic advantages the 'all in house' QSR world has they could be BETTER than a stand-alone restaurant operator that doesn't have all those advantages.. but nope.

The food has been heading in the wrong direction more than the opposite. BoG was our hope for change, and we see how bad they've 'd that.

EvilQueen-T

My brother and his wife are just like the person you described. They'd never been to disney, drove us all crazy with what they would and wouldn't do, made sure they were on some of our adr's but then ditched us and on one occasion even cancelled the adr and made themselves a new one leaving us with no warning (we found out when we went to eat). They didn't know how to use the fp system and wouldn't take advice on what things just don't need them and which ones do or to take breaks during the hottest part of the day (they're use to Colorado/Kansas weather plus SIL is naturally overweight and was about 20 weeks pregnant on top of it so she was crabby about not being able to ride a lot of things and not keeping the center of attention imo). We had his family, myself and my granddaughter, my sister and her family, and my dad and step mom all there at the same time for a week after my daughters wedding. All they did was complain and went home telling everyone how overrated disney was, how terrible the food was etc...just complained about everything. My dad, who usually sides with his only son about EVERYTHING just said well then you should have just listened to your sisters because we had a great time...sweet vindication.

Dog Ate Mouse

When I hear a response like this, I just walk away. It's these kind of people that don't want to do anything but show up and expect the world (No Pun Intended LOL). Yes I always do the Deluxe Dining Plan and plan out meals and things to do so when we get to WDW we can do the things we love and eat at the places we like. The DWF and I have even forgotten about planning one day on our trip and did not make reservations. We had a ball, The reservation guest line gotten us into the cape May Buffet for breakfast, Garden Grille for lunch and Tappan Edo for Dinner. Also had other trips where we just shown up and winged it. We did not get into a lot of our favorites but found a lot of good things to eat and were very happy. Vacations be it WDW or Maybe Hawaii or a cruise is still what you make of it and at times a live and learn experience. I just don't know how you go on vacation and don't know what to expect unless you just wanted to wing it which can be at times a lot of fun. I have found out the more you tell people about WDW and how to go about things the less they listen or take help.

ninjaprincesst

We all know people are a bit hyperboylic when describing things like that, and its pretty safe to assume the person didn't mean there was nothing on the menu but burgers :) But conversely to basically call that person an idiot because people want to throw out things like comparing table service, many parks, etc when we are talking about adhoc QSR dining.. is also just putting blinders on and defending on party lines.

And what does 'all of WDW' do for you when you are in a park and hungry now. Are you going to divert yourself 2+ hours to park hop to somewhere else to come back? Do you want to leave your park because of food? Instead of looking at it as 'WDW' if people actually looked at individual examples, the problems become more clear.

One would hope with the captive audience, scale, and economic advantages the 'all in house' QSR world has they could be BETTER than a stand-alone restaurant operator that doesn't have all those advantages.. but nope.

The food has been heading in the wrong direction more than the opposite. BoG was our hope for change, and we see how bad they've ****'d that.

So what is this "quick service" option that they should have and don't? In Mk alone you have the QS options of Burgers, hotdogs, pizza, sandwiches, seafood, Asian, Mexican, salads soups what other QS options are they lacking? And none of it is hard to find at all.

flynnibus

Premium Member
So what is this "quick service" option that they should have and don't? In Mk alone you have the QS options of Burgers, hotdogs, pizza, sandwiches, seafood, Asian, Mexican, salads soups what other QS options are they lacking? And none of it is hard to find at all.

Mexican? Taco salad?
Asian? You mean the location closed more than open?

Other examples? Already gave them. Bengal bow, the ranch, paradise gardens, sf wharf area

Flippin'Flounder

Mexican? Taco salad?
Asian? You mean the location closed more than open?

Other examples? Already gave them. Bengal bow, the ranch, paradise gardens, sf wharf area
Please, tell us where any of these should go?

We are talking about MK so why are you bringing DCA locations into this?

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
Honestly, I think is the only "comeback" line anyone needs.

"Disney World is the worst, I couldn't find anything else to eat besides burgers and fries!"
"Wow, you must not have looked very hard for restaurants, I spent (X) days there last (Y) and I never ate a burger at all."

Although to be honest I think my first day there on our last trip I had one.

How about this? No hyperbole. I've had exactly one burger in my myriad of adult trips to WDW. It's not because I'm always eating table service either. 90% of my lunches are QS, and still, no burgers.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom