All Star Resorts

Michele Rossi

Was wondering if anyone had a bad experience like mine at the All Star Music Resort. Just got back on Friday from WDW. We stayed on the first floor in the Calypso section. We heard our neighbor above us urinating in the toilet!!??!! Has anyone else had a problem with sound proofed rooms? I still like the ambiance there and the price is right. Any other negative experiences I should look out for? I have mixed feelings about going back to the ASM in December now. :brick:

orangefan15

Originally posted by Michele Rossi
We heard our neighbor above us urinating in the toilet!!??!! Has anyone else had a problem with sound proofed rooms?

Honestly, I've lived in 2 different apartments and 3 different townhouses, and in all 5 I've been able to hear the people above me going to the bathroom if I was in my bathroom. I don't think this is very strange....just a natural consequence of bathrooms tending to be above each other with piping connecting them.

Upvote 0

Crazy4Mickey

I think that's terrible. Never heard anyone using the bathroom in my apartment!! Don't think I would enjoy hearing that in the middle of the night. Wouldn't pass up the $$ savings, go to the 3rd floor or something.

Upvote 0

Woody13

I have never actually heard anyone tinkle in a toilet but I always hear the toilet flush! I tend to use it as an alarm clock. In the morning when I hear a bunch of toilets flush I take the hint and get out of bed. Rise and shine!:D

Upvote 0

CAPTAIN HOOK

That must have been terrible, its not as if you can go upstairs and ask them to turn the volume down :lol:
Never heard of this problem before (anywhere at WDW) be interesting to see if anyone elese has had toilet problems !

Upvote 0

leeocean

I never heard someone using the bathroom but I have gotten to the room at the AS-Sports and my toliet was broken - as in cracked. They made us wait all day for them to fix it. We got a free night out of them though. If I were staying any on the AS property it would be in the Toy Story section of the AS-Movies.

Upvote 0

Merlin

Account Suspended
We've always stayed on the 3rd floor at the All Star Resorts specifically so we wouldn't hear upstairs neighbors walking around or anything else. So that's never been a problem. However, we've had two unpleasant experiences there. One was in the All Star Sports. It was the only time we've ever stayed there and the problem was that we had ants in our room. What surprised me was that all Disney did about it was send someone up to spray. They didn't offer to give us another room or compensate us in any way. I was surprised they weren't concerned about us breathing bug poison. This was all in the middle of the night too, so it wasn't like we could leave our room for a few hours.

The other bad experience was at the All Star Music. It was the time of year that they have the national cheerleading competition. I'm not sure if they still hold that at WDW or not (it used to always take place on the Indiana Jones Stunt Show stage), and I can't recall what time of year it was. Anyway, All Star Resorts is where they put up all the cheerleaders and huge groups of them would walk around the property at night being very loud. When we would call to complain, they would tell us they'd do something about it but nothing ever changed. After a few days of that, we moved to an off-property resort.

Upvote 0

wdwfan4eva

I recently got back from staying at Port Orleans Riverside. We were on the first floor and we used to hear the toilet above us flush ALL the time(someone must've had a problem)!!!! It didn't bother us much since we've got noisy neighbors above us at home! Hearing a toilet flush is more pleasant than trying to go to sleep and being kept awake at eleven o'clock at night with a TV blaring!!! :p

Upvote 0

KathyG/poohbear

I personally think it's awful to to hear a toilet flush at a Disney hotel. I have only stayed at the AKL inside Disney and they did lose my luggage, but I appreciate the warning. I have stayed in many 2 star motels/hotels like Comfort Inns and Amerisuites and I usally get these rooms for $20 - $35 through priceline and I HAVE NEVER HEARD A TOILET FLUSH OR WATER RUNNING UNLESS I WAS IN THE OUR BATHROOM.

I talked to my sister-in-law over the weekend and she was very disappointed in the All Star Movie resorts. She visited family over at the Boardwalk and didn't want to go back to her hotel. As a result they bought into the Disney vacation club because they figure they can stay in a nice hotel for about the same price as the lower end by doing this.

I know it's neat being on property but depending on the price I don't know if I would stay in a lower end resort when I could get a really nice place for the same price off property.

(They found my luggage in about 40 minutes but even though I was so upset I only got $50 in Disney dollars and that was after speaking to the manager of customer service, known as Disney executives.) I have read alot on the boards and your compensation totally depends on the manager on duty and how you relay your complain. Once you are home Forget It!

Upvote 0

cymbaldiva

Originally posted by KathyG/poohbear

I talked to my sister-in-law over the weekend and she was very disappointed in the All Star Movie resorts. She visited family over at the Boardwalk and didn't want to go back to her hotel. As a result they bought into the Disney vacation club because they figure they can stay in a nice hotel for about the same price as the lower end by doing this.

Hmmm...

Almost makes one wonder (or me wonder anyway), if Disney does that on purpose...

Think about it - your SIL was unhappy with her "budget" room, so she ended up buying into DVC, thus spending far more $$ at WDW in the long run...

I find this disturbing - I must take a moment now

Upvote 0

meanmice

I stayed on the first floor of the ASM a couple of years ago just across from the piano pool and I never heard anyone upstairs, but it was off season and the room probably wasn't occupied.

Upvote 0

Eeyore

Mrs. WDWMAGIC [Assistant Administrator]
Premium Member
Originally posted by cymbaldiva
Hmmm...

Almost makes one wonder (or me wonder anyway), if Disney does that on purpose...

Think about it - your SIL was unhappy with her "budget" room, so she ended up buying into DVC, thus spending far more $$ at WDW in the long run...

I find this disturbing - I must take a moment now

I highly doubt that's the case. We've been visiting WDW once a year for 16 years and stayed on property all but once, if we had bought into the vacation club the first year we would have spent far less money on accomodations than we have. So I really think that in the long run you spend less money with a vacation club membership than without, otherwise, what would be the point? No one would join.

Upvote 0

SnowWhite5669

We have stayed at All Star Music several times now either because we wanted a cheap vacation or our room at another on-property resort wasn't available. There are draw backs such as being so far out, only one bus stop, lots of kids, etc. but for $55 a night how can you go wrong?? We are going in April with our son and his friends and let me tell you, they are staying at All Star and we are staying at the Beach Club!!! It is definately a kid centered resort and I know they will have more fun than staying at the Beach Club. My suggestion is to find out if there are any sports competitions the week you plan to be there in December and request a room on the third floor!

Upvote 0

Woody13

Originally posted by Eeyore
I highly doubt that's the case. We've been visiting WDW once a year for 16 years and stayed on property all but once, if we had bought into the vacation club the first year we would have spent far less money on accomodations than we have. So I really think that in the long run you spend less money with a vacation club membership than without, otherwise, what would be the point? No one would join.

There are a lot of "math challenged" people in the world. :hammer:

Upvote 0

cymbaldiva

Eeyore -

You know I have the greatest respect for you, but I think that this is one of those topics we just won't agree on! :)

I'm really happy that this is a place that we can actually discuss though - my college band's discussion board is a nightmare!

Upvote 0

Elaine

I would stay off property before I would stay at or ASM. Many bad experiences!!! The ASM is the only one that I haven't had a bad one (mostly because we can't get in there). It's a very hard almost impossible thing to find out when those big groups of kids are there....and they are the WORST. We've also encountered bad neighbors in the next door rooms fighting, using the F-word more times in a sentence than I ever heard. Our room key didn't work for 4 days in a row. Had to crawl all the way back to the desk to get someone to let us in (real bad when you're half dead from park hopping al day). I could go on and on and on but I won't ramble on anymore. You got the picture!!!

Upvote 0

Eeyore

Mrs. WDWMAGIC [Assistant Administrator]
Premium Member
Originally posted by Woody13
There are a lot of "math challenged" people in the world. :hammer:

Ok, maybe I'm wrong. I thought that a DVC membership was in the range of $20,000. So according to me and my math challenged mind I figure at 15 trips, 8 nights a trip, $200 a night we have spent roughly $25,400. It wouldn't have been a huge savings with the dvc, but still a savings.

Upvote 0

Worldphile

Ok, maybe I'm wrong. I thought that a DVC membership was in the range of $20,000. So according to me and my math challenged mind I figure at 15 trips, 8 nights a trip, $200 a night we have spent roughly $25,400. It wouldn't have been a huge savings with the dvc, but still a savings.

Unfortunately, you neglected to factor in the yearly fee that is charged to DVC members. When we looked into the DVC last year, I think that fee was around $600 per year. That pushes the payback point out much farther than 15 or 16 years.

Under the right circumstances, you can save money by joining DVC. but based on our travel habits and where we live, DVC would have taken well over 20 years to pay for itself and start saving us money.

Upvote 0

Testtrack321

Originally posted by Merlin
The other bad experience was at the All Star Music. It was the time of year that they have the national cheerleading competition. I'm not sure if they still hold that at WDW or not (it used to always take place on the Indiana Jones Stunt Show stage), and I can't recall what time of year it was. Anyway, All Star Resorts is where they put up all the cheerleaders and huge groups of them would walk around the property at night being very loud. When we would call to complain, they would tell us they'd do something about it but nothing ever changed. After a few days of that, we moved to an off-property resort.

Either it was spring break, or it was that, but when I went with my robotics team last year aroudn April, we had the same problem. Sure, robotics kids talking about Fisher Price motors, Segways, and the gear ratios of chapula motors were out at night, but we also had some Jack@$$es out who would brag about getting laid and such. We had some on our bus once. As for them trying to stop it, when you have 10 security people and over 200 kids outside, it isn't going to be pretty.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom