All-Star Music??

wilary

Anyone ever stayed at ASM? I'll be down in June and wondering what I can expect.

Thanks in advance for any info ya'll can provide.

inafog

I stayed at All-Star Music (not sure which one you are referring to, but they are all pretty much the same) with DH and two children. It was in October. Probably the biggest issue we had was that we stayed in a building at the very back of the resort. It was very inconvenient for food or for getting the bus. Even the parking lot was a hike. I had read reports that it was noisy and crowded, but we didn't have problems with that. I'd also read that the rooms were gaudy but we didn't think so. We enjoyed the pools and housekeeping were very nice to us (extra towels, leaving DD's stuffed animals in the window to greet us when we came back); also, the lines at the check-in/check-out desk were long but they moved quickly. I thought it was a perfectly fine place to stay if you are closer to the front, and I would stay there again.

Upvote 0

diveteam

Hi

I was there in September 2004 and really like the hotel, it is my favourite out of the three All Stars. I have been to movies once, sports once, and music four times :sohappy:

I usually stay in the Jazz rooms so it is not to far a walk from the food court, buses etc.

I am probably going back this November as well :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

Have a good trip.

Mark

Upvote 0

polynesiangirl

We stayed at Music a good few years ago (I would say it's been about 10 years now, yikes!) We are usually Deluxe Resort snobs but the All Stars were very new at the time and we thought we'd give it a whirl, plus it's such a huge savings.

Overall, it was a pretty good experience - my sister and I (who were still kids back then,) loved the pools and we had sufficient room in our room for the four of us. We were in the Country building, which I would probably avoid in the future - it seemed to be kind of a haul to get to the main building and stuff like that. We didn't have to take the buses because we drove, so I can't offer my thoughts on that.

For the money? It was a blast. I still *prefer* to stay at the more expensive resorts, but to me it's kind of like comparing apples and oranges - they're so different in price and the overall feel that you can't really make a direct comparison. If I wanted to find a Value resort that provides a good, safe, fun place to eat and sleep (especially with little kids who are less likely to appreciate Deluxe amenities like the marina and stuff like that,) it's a great way to enjoy your trip and get all the Disney Resort Magic worked right in.

One thing I can't really tell you is how it measures up to the other Value resorts in WDW - it's the only one we've stayed at.

In any case, I hope this helped! :wave:

Upvote 0

Heatherbell

Hello

I have stayed at a couple of moderate resorts and I have stayed at the Grand Floridian (on Mom's dollar of course, when I was a teenager) Once I started paying for my own vacations to Disney I realized that I could only afford AS. I have stayed at AS Sports, Music and Movies dozens of times. I love that resort. It is very clean, very reasonably priced. For the volumes of people that stay there the buses run very efficiently. The pools are huge, the rooms are cute. When it comes down to it though, you only sleep there so my opinion is the cheaper the better. Even the farthest room from the food court really isn't that long a walk (although it seems longer at the end of a day) LOL.
I just came back from my honeymoon, we stayed at AS Sports.

*TIP* For some reason Sports seems to be the least crowded, probably because the others are more kid friendly. When we travel with my three year old we stay at movies or music. When it is just my husband and I we stay at Sports. Typically a lot less crowded. The exception however is when the bands, cheerleaders, softball teams and school field trips are happening. For some reason they all gravitate towards AS Sports.

Good Luck and Have a GREAT time. I am jealous.

Upvote 0

DisneySam

inafog said:
I stayed at All-Star Music (not sure which one you are referring to, but they are all pretty much the same) with DH and two children. It was in October. Probably the biggest issue we had was that we stayed in a building at the very back of the resort. It was very inconvenient for food or for getting the bus. Even the parking lot was a hike. I had read reports that it was noisy and crowded, but we didn't have problems with that. I'd also read that the rooms were gaudy but we didn't think so. We enjoyed the pools and housekeeping were very nice to us (extra towels, leaving DD's stuffed animals in the window to greet us when we came back); also, the lines at the check-in/check-out desk were long but they moved quickly. I thought it was a perfectly fine place to stay if you are closer to the front, and I would stay there again.
Yes same thing happened to us we had to walk through "frog alley" to get to our hotel room. But it was nice for the cost, the all stars are great because we never spend a great deal of time in the hotel. Have a great trip!

Upvote 0

WhenYouWish

DisneySam said:
It was nice for the cost, the all stars are great because we never spend a great deal of time in the hotel.

(Hi, all! This is my first ever post. :wave: )

We always stay at the value resorts for those two reasons. We've stayed at Sports (yes, Heatherbell, for High School Senior Class Trip!) and Music once each, and Pop Century soon-to-be twice. Having never stayed at a higher level Disney resort, I couldn't compare them. But we haven't yet had any problems with the values. Like inafog said, my friends and I would often come back to our room to find our plushies waiting happily in the window. :) As others have said, the only "problem" with the value resorts usually is the amount of walking it can take to get around. And I think the fun themeing and the convienience of the main building's food/souvenir shops (see my signature! :lol: ) makes up for that anyway.

Upvote 0

pharmacyman

Avid Disney Fan, First time post!

Our first experience staying on Disney property was at ASM. We were really excited with and enjoyed the entire experience. Similar to what has already been said on this thread, you get all of the amenities at a lower cost. Now, several trips later, and having experienced other resorts, I would say the biggest difference to me, besides cost, is what you expect to do on your stay. We typically go for 10-14 days. We don't stay in the parks all day, everyday, so we like a resort with its own entertainment and relaxation. If you are planning on spending the vast majority of your time at the parks, then the allstars are a great value. Its true they can be crowded, especially at the food courts, and its sometimes a haul to get to the buses or the parking lot, but they have nice rooms, good pools, friendly Disney service, and again the benefits that all resort guests have. Outside of the pools, there really is no entertainment.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom