All Star Movies Question

RickyMouseMom

Hi All! :wave:

I read something on a web site posting (not this site) of a review of this hotel that bothered me tremendously. I really hope its not true. Someone had written that they only change sheets every three days, regardless even if the room changes parties! :hurl:

This cant be true....right? I am really looking forward to staying at this particular hotel because my sons (ages 1 yr and 3 yrs) will really enjoy the oversized characters around the buildings (especially Herbie and Buzz). But I am really disturbed by this. Can anyone comment on this?

stitch131313

I used to do housekeeping at the All Stars and the sheets may not be changed every day, as is with many hotels, however when a new guest is coming into a room, the sheets are changed out.

Upvote 0

Craig & Lisa

The family and I have stayed at all 4 value resorts and they change the sheets every day, unless your there when they come by and have the do not disturb sign in the door. Otherwise it's done every day at all 4, POP , Movies, Sports, and music.

Upvote 0
i know that they leave those little cards in your room that tell you about conserving water and you can voluntarily opt out of having your sheets and towels cleaned every day. same thing if you are staying at a home away from home resort (like a dvc resort), it's actually specified in the dvc member handbook that there is trash service every 3 days or so, and clean linens like every 7 days or something like that. however, i believe that these things only hold true if there is no check out. i think that if there is new guests checking in then they have to change the sheets.

plus, wasn't there recently a bed bug scare?

Upvote 0

Mori Anne

In the Parks
No
We stayed at Pop Century in December, and they did not change our sheets everyday. We actually had to request a sheet change, and it still wasn't done after the room was cleaned. We took the sheets down to the front desk and they brought up new ones to us.

(I know this because my son's sippy cup was dripping juice. He managed to drip on both beds before we noticed).

In addition, we know they didn't change the sheets daily because my daughter insists on sleeping with her socks on, however, they always fall off at night. We always found them the next night at the end of the bed. So, I really don't think they do change the sheets daily while you are there.

Upvote 0

Mori Anne

In the Parks
No
I used to do housekeeping at the All Stars and the sheets may not be changed every day, as is with many hotels, however when a new guest is coming into a room, the sheets are changed out.

Just out of curiosity (and for my future reference) what did you consider a decent mousecleaning tip? Also, if I leave a tip daily, does the mousekeeper the day before get it or the current mousekeeper? Thanks in advance:D

Upvote 0

dazzer68

we had no problem with hygeine issues when we stayed at either movies or music.the room was cleaned and tidied everyday, by some very friendly mousekeepers.who needs their sheets changed everyday? do you do that at home? as long as they are clean sheets when you arrive (which of course they are) and you have good personnal hygeine! they should last the week.
in this day of being 'green' once a week is enough, to be washed unnessacerly (sp) is not very envio friendly.

Upvote 0

KrazyKemp

If it really bothers you, simply leave a nice note on the sink explaining that you would like your sheets changed, and leave a few dollars for tip next to the note.

Ask and you shall recieve with Mousekeeping!

Upvote 0

listentotheland

as a hotelier, i assure you that the sheets are changed whenever a new guest enters the room. if you happen to be staying for lets say 6 nights, you will recieve fresh sheets on your arrival and 3 days later. i wouldnt be so concerned with the sheets though, comforters is where you will find whatever it is you are looking for. because they are so big and heavy, they are hard to launder. imagine, having to launder every comforter property wide everytime i guest comes in or leaves.... its wasting resourses. i could go on and bore with you a long essay, but i will not have to put you through "principles of lodging accomodations"...haha

Upvote 0

RickyMouseMom

Original Poster
Thank you for everyones responses. I feel much better. I have no problem with my sheets being changed every three days or so, but I was completely skeeved thinking that I might be sleeping on dirty sheets from another party! :hurl:

Upvote 0

stitch131313

Just out of curiosity (and for my future reference) what did you consider a decent mousecleaning tip? Also, if I leave a tip daily, does the mousekeeper the day before get it or the current mousekeeper? Thanks in advance:D

I wouldn't tip daily unless you know that your housekeeper won’t be change sections. I was only part time so I would be moving all over the place and there would be tips in rooms I didn't clean the day before. As for what is a good tip for you housekeeper? If the room was well taken care of for your stay I would say about one dollar a day. When I was still in house keeping the average tip I would get from a checked out room was $2-$3. However anything you might leave for the housekeeper is greatly appreciated.

Upvote 0

slappy magoo

I'm sure, once in a while, mistakes are made, and Mousekeeping will think a room will be occupied by the guest who was there the night before, and not a new guest. I'd especially guess this could happen when a guest checks out later or unexpectedly, or for some unlikely reason, Mousekeeping cleans the room very early in the morning, and THEN the guest checks out. Or the bellhops are late picking up the luggage of people checking out. And if this were to happen, the new occupants in the room might get the mistaken impression that sheets aren't changed for each new guest. But the idea that a high-profile resort like Disney intentionally wouldn't change sheets for new guests is laughable.

Upvote 0

hrcollectibles

It has always been my Understanding that if you want clean sheets you must completely remove them off of your bed. And if yo uleave your bags on the beds they will not mmake them ( past experiences not at WDW)

Upvote 0

JPVonDrake

To Confirm...

When a Guest checks out, all towels, sheets and pillowcases are changed out before a new Guest is issued the room. The room is fully reset with new collateral materials, drinking glasses, and all paper products.

Sheets and pillowcases are changed on the fourth day of the Guest stay or as needed/requested. Towels are replaced daily.

DVC Member staying 8 days or more, receive full service (change of sheets and pillowcases) on the 4th day trash and tidy on the 7th day. DVC Member staying less than 8 days, receive trash and tidy on the 4th day. DVC Members may choose to pay for extra linen changes.

Guest may choose to recycle or re-use towels by hanging them back on towel bars. Dirty towels on the floor or inside the tub will be removed and replaced. Towel recycling card present in all rooms, with the exception of the Disney's Grand Floridian Resort.

Daily linen change is provided to all VIP and Concierge accommodations. At the Disney's Grand Floridian Resort, all linen and towels are changed daily.
At the Disney's Polynesian Resort, pillowcases are changed daily.

Bedspreads, blankets and bed pads are laundered every 45 - 60 days or as needed. Drapery is cleaned every 12 -18 months or as needed. Spills, spotting, and light soiling will require immediate cleaning.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom