All Epcot, All the Time (aka Has Disney given up on SSE?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

EpcotServo

Nope.

*Sigh*
It's not done yet.
The end is in sight, though. Not Tomorrow...but soon Child, soon.

It's not done yet!

It's getting better!

I feel Happy!

I feel Happy!

:lol:

To quote Mr. Incredible, "We get there, WHEN WE GET THERE!"

Yesterday the computers seemed backed up...my picture didn't arrive in the system when it should have, or the pictures were lost. We were pretty close to the one of the new Computer Carriages, maybe that had something to do with our two screens popping on by the Radio Announcer, and one screen not generating an animated face for the single person in the front seat.

Spaceship Earth is getting more ghosts in the machine...someday it will have secrets...someday it will have dreams.
:lol:

imagineer boy

If we got the old score and Jeremy Irons back, then I'd be the one exploding in fanboy excitment in a gooey mess everywhere.:lol:

Seriously, just bring the old score back. The new one's terrible.

ttalovebug

If we got the old score and Jeremy Irons back, then I'd be the one exploding in fanboy excitment in a gooey mess everywhere.:lol:

Agreed. I can't even recall how the new one goes; I would sing the Irons version score all day after I got off the ride.

HMF

Original Poster

The new score is OK. As good as Irons no' but not terrible. The new one sounds like a slower version of the Metroid theme.

EPCOT Explorer

idk, I sometimes find myself humming it and then looking up merf's youtube video fo the audio.

Tomorrow's Child should right the ship.:cool:

Me too....It's not as good, but HEY, it's pretty fantastic.

Agreed. I can't even recall how the new one goes; I would sing the Irons version score all day after I got off the ride.

It's because stupid WDI put the volume so low!:brick::brick::ROFLOL:

Seriously...If they were to make the BGM a tad louder so that you can actually hear the detail...It's phenomenal!

Go download the torrent by Martin on Mousebits...That way you can hear the score as loud as you want!

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
your constant negativity would make even Barack Obama's strongest supporters believe nothing good will occur in the future.

Um, where are all of the "no politics in the forum" people? :shrug:

Mention GWB or Ronald Reagan and they descend like vultures on a dead carcass.

hpyhnt 1000

Actually, I must say I'm slowly becoming a convert to the new score. Initially I hated it, but now... eh its gettin to me. I went around for a week humming the outside BGM after downloading Martin's torrent; its really grown on me. Now, yes, the score as a whole is not as good as the previous Irons version, but to call this new score terrible is being a bit harsh (IMHO of course). :wave:

Susan Savia

It was ruined when they did their so called 'makeover' on it. It lost something now, but I wont stop riding it regardless. Its our first ride always, and our last when we go.

Considering Spaceship Earth hadnt had a real update in years other than occassional new narration, and they didn't impose Ellen Degeneres on us, I think the did well.

TheDisneyMagic

Go download the torrent by Martin on Mousebits...That way you can hear the score as loud as you want!

Very much agreed! The new score is actually very good on the most part, I personally prefer the 94-2007 Score, but the 2007-xx is very good in a very different way. For a good portion of the ride, the score can be heard, but even today, there are still sections where it is very quiet.

And still, they don't seem to want to crank up the outside BGM for this attraction, today there was only one section of the line that I could hear it and even then it was only because I was trying to very hard.

Captain Hank

I actually like the current score about as much as the previous one. Most of it is available on the most recent Official Album. I also don't mind Judi Dench, either...though the script is truly awful in parts.

Pseybert

I actually stopped riding it altogether. I can't stand the attraction it its current condition. Also, I've noticed I almost never go to Epcot now anymore, unless it is to see Illuminations or The American Adventure.
(I'm a CM)

DisneyJunkie

It was ruined when they did their so called 'makeover' on it. It lost something now, but I wont stop riding it regardless. Its our first ride always, and our last when we go.

I agree with that. I'm glad I have a .mp3 recording of the last ride spiel with Jeremy Irons. There's just something about his voice and the score that really brings back classic Epcot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom