All Disney rooms booked

DonickCo

Original Poster
I was planning a last minute trip to Disney, I was planning on driving down tonight and returning the 9th, I called Disney reservations and there aren’t any hotels from the all-stars to the contemporary. That’s great for the Orlando economy, but not for me.

-DonickCo

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
that is so hard to believe that alllllll the rooms on disney property are booked. there are thousands of rooms. that is great for disney like you said, and unfortunate for you.

well, one time we did the same thing, just drove down that is, we were in college so we couldnt money the on property places so if I could recommend a nice place off property about a 5 minute drive through traffic to the parks, it is "Racoon Lake".

whoaw, let me tell you, you get what you pay for when you pay $30 a night. on a college kid budget, perfect, it was actually cleaner than some of my friends apt's, but the view of the lake and the ducks that attacked in the morning for food, just made the mornings and the evenings returning a little adventurous.

anyway, sorry to hear that you couldnt find a place.

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
hotels.com

adams mark @ florida mall, $64 a night... 15 mins from WDW.

hell.. worse case, I have a patio... bring a hammock down

Just remember to put the 17's back on the GTI... I need to teach you how to drive

sarajo

A thought... if you have a little time once you get there, you might try going by the WDW resorts that you prefer and see if they have any available rooms. I know one time, we went down there with reservations at the Golf Resort (now Shades of Green) and we didn't really want to stay there. As we were driving onto the property there was a sign saying there were rooms available at all resorts. So, we pulled up to the Poly... and wound up getting the best room we'd ever had there. Even if you can't get a room for the entire stay at one resort, you might be able to resort hop. I just can't imagine that every single resort from all-stars to contemporary is full- I'm sure there will be some people who will forget to cancel!

Like I said before... it's just a thought.

Enjoy your spur-of-the-moment trip!

DonickCo

Original Poster
well i just booked Adam's Mark for $64 a night, thanks Rob, only thingis that they didnt have the 3rd so i will have to leave a day later....im crazy, driving 1200 mile for a week in disney...im crazy 4 disney...:D

-DonickCo

now i have time to take the snow tires off the car

wannabeBelle

Hey Donick!!! I am glad to see you found a place to stay!!!! That is absolutely amazing!!!! I cant believe every hotel is sold out!!! WOW!!!!! Have an amazing time!!! Belle

TURKEY

The most rooms that were available last Friday night were 4 at Coronado.

Every weekend this year has been very full, about 85%+ at all resorts. Since March, almost every resort has been full on the weekend.

MKCP 1985

Are the resorts doing a good job of keeping all the guest rooms in rentable condition? In a resort with over one thousand rooms, how many can't be rented at any given time because of a state of disrepair?

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
wow, good question. if i had to guess id say about 1%-2%. i bet they design them to be easily fixable or replacing furniture easily if say something like the bedside table broke.

mkt

Premium Member
Originally posted by DonickCo
well i just booked Adam's Mark for $64 a night, thanks Rob, only thingis that they didnt have the 3rd so i will have to leave a day later....im crazy, driving 1200 mile for a week in disney...im crazy 4 disney...:D

hey... you're one of the few welcome at Casa MKT should you arrive a day early

Originally posted by DonickCo
now i have time to take the snow tires off the car

sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet... hey, since you're staying at the mall, we gotta stop by Best Buy ;)

paulcmartens

Account Suspended
maybe disney reservation cm's could explain...

My wife and I went on a trip (I've used this trip as source material for about 1500 responses now)...and were initially quoted availability, and then very quickly a call later couldn't get any availability at a specific resort. So we booked a different, more affordable one.

Well, the day after we arrived, we walked up to the hotel we wanted (drove actually), sure enough they had more than enough room in the category we wanted (Grand Floridian Honeymoon, main lodge), in fact, they upgraded someone for free to the rooms we wanted (and still had one left).

So...drive down, and if you want to stay on disney property.

Its one thing to be told over the phone there is no availability, its another thing to talk to a cast member at reservations in person at the hotel (apparently)...

good luck.

epcot2004

Sorry that you couldn't find a place to stay on property but on the plus side maybe this will force Disney to finish Pop Century if this keeps up.:)

johnvree

This is so hard to believe. We've all read attendance is up. But they've booked every room???

I have to say, not all of the CMs at Central Reservations inspire a lot of confidence in me. I have called them about 15 times since I intially booked (changing dates and trying to apply codes). Some of the CMs have been great. Most, I have to say, it seemed like it was their first week. Maybe it is the new computer system. However, every CM I dealt with was as friendly and polite as could be.

Well, glad you found a place. Bottom line: YOU'RE GOING TO WDW!!!

mkt

Premium Member
believe it... I was making phone calls all day yesterday to hotels in the area looking for rooms. The only ones I found were in the Mariott World Center at like $200 a night, Gaylord Palms at about the same, and all across the Orlando suburbs

Becky

MKT Including AAA?

I've called and been told everything is booked and then gone on-line and booked what I wanted through AAA. When I called the hotels back they said AAA books blocks that the hotels can not release.

Nansafan

Did you try a travel agent? Back when the Disney Stores had Disney travel, we talked to them about booking our annual. We were told there was nothing available for the week we wanted at the Poly or Contemporary and in fact, the whole place was full that week. We called our friend and travel agent Marlene and voila, we were staying at the Poly for the very week we wanted. This is one incident but there have been many other times when we called Disney were told no room and then booked through Marlene for the same week.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom