All DHS, all the Time

jt04

I'm just tiered of it I don't bother with it anymore, I just think there's nothing special about it.

Not me, I'm not tired of it as there is just somthing special about it. I see it everytime I go. The herbie bug gets me everytime :ROFLOL:

CaptainMichael

bulldozer.jpg

Meet

hb_great_movie_ride.jpg

jt04

Yes I am, the Great Movie Ride needs alot of work to even think about being relevant.

Oh! I thought you were hinting at a rumor that maybe they had decided to put Monsters Inc coaster and the Laugh Floor in there and expand the shops on Pixar Place into that side of the GMR or something.

Can't say I would mind if they did. :lookaroun

disneyliv85

They need to keep the Great Movie Ride! I love it, but I also love those classic movies. Some people want everything to be all about today. The Wizard of Oz, Singing in the Rain, etc - they deserve a place there.

I'm tiered of the LMA stunt show, they need to update the script and change the show a bit, or tear it down.

I completely agree with you on that one. I saw this show once and it was enough for me. It still upsets me that they had to take out the houses to put in that piece of garbage.

I love this park and do wish that it got more attention. Here is my list of what I would like to see done. (Yes i do realize that most of it probably will never happen but I am just putting the ideas out there.)

1. GET RID OF SOUNDS DANGEROUS!!! I think that if they had the space to do it they could put Alien Encounter in there and show how sound effects trigger stuff in your mind. If i remember correctly that ride was mostly sounds in the dark.
2. More Muppets or at least update or change MuppetVision
3. Add More Pixar stuff to pixar place
4. Update Star Tours
5. Replace the Indiana Jones show with a Indy ride
6. Add a new coaster of some kind (Doesn't need to be Monster's Inc.)
7. Replace Beauty and the Beast on stage with a new show like Snow White or Aladdin from Disneyland
8. A NBC based ride
9. Them to tap into another form of entertainment they have forgotten, Video Games. To do this they could have a Kingdom Hearts attraction of some kind
10. Add a new City Street like Boston or Chicago

Roxas

So there's one for Epcot and AK, so I thought I'd go ahead and start one for DHS since DHS is aguably the park that needs the most help right now.

I'd argue that AK needs more love right now, however I will consent that DHS appears to have lost its path a little and needs to have a look at how to return to its original theme of the golden age of movies.

epcotWSC

They need to go back to their roots a bit and include more backstage stuff and old Hollywood themes.

This.

I love the old Hollywood theme that the park has when you first walk in. The first couple of streets (Sunset & Hollywood blvd.) have a great theme with the old Hollywood, I would love more of it. Unfortunately the only attraction that really keeps that theme is the Great Movie Ride (which I think is great, but could be improved/expanded). Also 50s Prime time adds to that feeling. However, that old Hollywood larger than life atmosphere is great and really should be expanded on.

Also the NYC street makes me feel like I'm home, but there's almost nothing on it :( (only the Muppets show).

Also LMA needs an overhaul. Last year I almost didn't want to go to it and this coming year IDK if I want to go at all. It's not exciting after the first time especially after you know what's going to happen.

At least the shows like B&tB & LM hold up well.

I can see why people would call it a half day park. If you plan to see pretty much every show and do 2 meals, then it's a full-day park. However if you just do the rides and leave, I can see it being a half day.

imagineer boy

Original Poster
I love the old Hollywood theme that the park has when you first walk in. The first couple of streets (Sunset & Hollywood blvd.) have a great theme with the old Hollywood, I would love more of it. Unfortunately the only attraction that really keeps that theme is the Great Movie Ride (which I think is great, but could be improved/expanded). Also 50s Prime time adds to that feeling. However, that old Hollywood larger than life atmosphere is great and really should be expanded on.

I agree, its one of my favourite aspects about the park. That's why the hat needs to be moved because it totally disrupts the feel.

Also the NYC street makes me feel like I'm home, but there's almost nothing on it :( (only the Muppets show).

I would love to see them put this there: http://disneyandmore.blogspot.com/2008/09/disney-village-restaurant-that-never.html

Also LMA needs an overhaul. Last year I almost didn't want to go to it and this coming year IDK if I want to go at all. It's not exciting after the first time especially after you know what's going to happen.

At least the shows like B&tB & LM hold up well.

The problem with LMA is that it has so many theme park stunt show clich'es. A guy catches on fire, wow, never seen that before! :rolleyes: I was watching the Dark Knight the other day, and I thought maybe somthing like the flipping truck would be amazing for the show.

Jaytrod

You are right about returning to the golden age of movies... I totally forgot that was the original theme of the park when it opened.. Seems nowadays its all about whats new and "popular."

hokielutz

They need to go back to their roots a bit and include more backstage stuff and old Hollywood themes.

Like many have said before - the Backlot Tour needs major help. They need to bring in new props (or bring back the houses) and a new show in the beginning. A Pirates themed beginning would be fun, even with the Pirates ride over at MK.

I wonder if they could expand the Great Movie Ride at all and ad a few more scenes in there. I wouldn't really want them to remove any. Perhaps a new story line while you ride.

Still a great theme park! They have made some nice additions recently and I hope they keep at it!

Unfortunately, DHS is a bit blocked in due to World Drive, on one side, and an irrigation canal and Park Entrance access road to its other side, which make up the border where one would expand the backlot tour.

Also, the GMR cannot be expanded... no real space surrounding the building, unless you take over the ABC Commissary or the Sci-Fi Drive-In. I would prefer, and maybe this is what you were getting to, is replacing some of the scenes that are just too dated. The problem with this is, Disney doesn't have rights to too many classic films put out by other studios, without paying for the rights to use it.

jt04

You are right about returning to the golden age of movies... I totally forgot that was the original theme of the park when it opened.. Seems nowadays its all about whats new and "popular."

I would be stunned if it goes back to the original concept. It was a great park but in the information age where classic Hollywood features are a Netflix order away, it just doesn't have the same appeal.

I really hope they go forward with a "Disney's Hollywood" studios concept and leave the Hollywood nostalgia for DCA.

Just me 2 cents.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom