News All-Day Park Hopping returns in early 2024

Dr.GrantSeeker

Are reservations really that much of a hassle? Genuinely curious. My family has never had a problem planning what park we're going to go to the day before.
It’s just stupid and doesn’t serve a purpose anymore. I’m an Incredipass AP holder and went to MK to catch fireworks this past Sunday. Got to the gate at 755pm for 8pm fireworks and they wouldn’t let me in. Because it was a weekend date and it’s MK they asked me to move to the side go into the app and book my reservation for the park. The college program girl at the tapstyle was like “don’t worry there’s plenty of availability” LOL

It took almost 5 minutes to make a reservation because the website the app redirects you to for booking reservations wouldn’t load either LOL

Full disclosure I totally forgot about needing a reservation for MK on the weekend but this whole process is getting old which is why we go less and less to Disney these days.

Drdcm

Thank God for our lord and savour Bob Iger.....

In all seriousness, glad they've removed the stupid restriction. If you pay more for a park hopper ticket, you shouldn't be time restricted...
This is legitimately funny to me because when Bob C was canned, Bob I and Josh walked into the parks and guests and cast members flocked to them in awe as if they were the second coming of Christ.

Colonel Angus

It’s just stupid and doesn’t serve a purpose anymore. I’m an Incredipass AP holder and went to MK to catch fireworks this past Sunday. Got to the gate at 755pm for 8pm fireworks and they wouldn’t let me in. Because it was a weekend date and it’s MK they asked me to move to the side go into the app and book my reservation for the park. The college program girl at the tapstyle was like “don’t worry there’s plenty of availability” LOL

It took almost 5 minutes to make a reservation because the website the app redirects you to for booking reservations wouldn’t load either LOL

Full disclosure I totally forgot about needing a reservation for MK on the weekend but this whole process is getting old which is why we go less and less to Disney these days.
It was a bit of a PITA for me when I had my Magic Key at DLR from May 2022. I usually went solo and if I planned a week or two in advance I could book a friday or sunday I wanted. When I went with a friend who bought a 1 day park hopper it was tough. Trying to find availability on the 2 different reservation systems that released different amounts of reservations for different days took a few days for us to coordinate. We went on a Tuesday in January, it should not have been that hard. WDW is totally different but in CA it was fun years ago to spontaneously head down there on a friday after work for a few hours. Reservations made that difficult.

Then there are the local locals (I'm 70 miles way). I saw posts or comments from many people who would forget they had a reservation then head to the park just to scan in so they weren't penalized then they go home. So, they took a reservation away from someone, still clogged up the parking lot and security line etc... only to scan and leave? Like I said, different from WDW and DLR still has reservations as far as I know. It definitely made me go less than I had in the past while holding an AP.

Indy_UK

This is legitimately funny to me because when Bob C was canned, Bob I and Josh walked into the parks and guests and cast members flocked to them in awe as if they were the second coming of Christ.

Iger…
IMG_1442.jpeg

IanDLBZF

Standing Ovation Applause GIF by The Maury Show

Finally, took them long enough!
I also assume the TTC to HWS/AK buses that ran before MK park opening/after MK park closing are coming back too?!

cslafferty

I keep getting these gifts for having booked my trip starting January 12th LOL. This is such great news and now I have to re-do my plans which are a loose model anyhow, but the lunch options... so much more to consider now!
You’re welcome. This is all happening in Jan because we are bringing the family in Dec :(
Are reservations really that much of a hassle? Genuinely curious. My family has never had a problem planning what park we're going to go to the day before.
Making park reservations isnt a big deal. And because we use Military discounted tickets, we will continue to have to make reservations because they aren’t date-based. But park hopping limitations really affected our last trip. I wish they would get rid of the 2pm thing effective immediately. Why wait?

surfsupdon

Weren’t they saying that for group tickets/sales, reservations would still be required? If so, can you reserve a park and then after going hop immediately to another park at anytime?

DisneyCane

Of course if they just walked around without a visible entourage or wearing name tags nobody would even recognize them.

pdude81

This can't happen soon enough for me. Will be after my next two visits sadly. I think the park hopping restrictions particularly hurt DAK attendance. I can be done before noon if I rope drop early entry with nowhere to go. On the flip side, if somewhere else is mobbed and I can't hop to DAK until 2 when the lines are long, I may just not bother.

TQQQ

Now all we need to come back is Genie+ pre booking.......Any rumors of when thats coming?

Seems like the entire Genie+ is going to have to be reworked

TheMaxRebo

Now all we need to come back is Genie+ pre booking.......Any rumors of when thats coming?

Seems like the entire Genie+ is going to have to be reworked

They said there would be adjustments to G+ (including a rebooking elements) coming in January ... But no idea on more specifics than that nor when we will hear what the exact changes will be

TQQQ

They said there would be adjustments to G+ (including a rebooking elements) coming in January ... But no idea on more specifics than that nor when we will hear what the exact changes will be
Advanced booking is definitely one of the aspects coming, i'm just not sure in what form (meaning resort guests only, how far in advance, how many will be allowed, 120 minute amendment, etc)

Fido Chuckwagon

I don’t really get it either. The blockout dates should be enough. If you pay like $1550 with tax, there should be no question that you can enter any park anytime it’s open.
Because they want to still be able to block you out on Christmas/New Years/Thanksgiving, but ALSO take your $1550.

Fido Chuckwagon

My pet peeve is having to make a park reservation at all as an AP Resort Guest. Not only am I paying for the most expensive AP and shelling out hundreds of dollars per night for a Disney resort room, I have to take an additional step of making a park reservation when my traveling party with date-based tickets can go anywhere they please.

When FP+ was around, AP Resort Guests had the ability to book FPs for their length of stay (up to 10 days) and weren’t restricted to “rolling booking” like non-resort APs. Seems to me it would be easy (not to mention an extreme example of goodwill) to eliminate the park pass restriction for AP guests in this situation.
AP holders are still unfavorable. They have our money, they don’t need us in the parks.

Patcheslee

Wonder how much multi-park Genie+ sales influenced the decision to drop the 2pm slot. It seemed less attractive to spend more but have to wait until at least 2pm slots to book. Also wonder how hopping would effect that rule now.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom