News All-Day Park Hopping returns in early 2024

monothingie

Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.
Premium Member
It’s amazed me since Covid times how Disney has treated their AP holders and DVC members
At this point Disney should be trying to welcome as many guests through their gates as possible, not making it more complex or difficult to.

I honestly think they have no idea what they’re doing. Burbank is demanding more and is blissfully ignorant of what is actually happening and why it’s happening on the ground.

mattpeto

Great news. Would've loved this on my recent trip last week.

This is all leading for virtual queues to go away in early 2024 imo.
With no park hopping restrictions, the afternoon 1pm drops becomes meaningless. The morning 7am drops may also go away altogether, or at the very least revert to park opening (which requires scanning in) if Disney insists on keeping VQ, as it was pre-Covid.

I think if they want to keep VQ around, they can simply make it a requirement to be in the park to join one (or tap into a park) and limit you to one VQ at a time.

Marionnette

I’ve actually never failed to get a park reservation. It’s just a stupid task at this point. At least now, if I arrive at DHS and it’s a cluster (last time, RnRC, SDD, RotR, and MMRR were down at open!), we could just go to Epcot immediately and start drinking.
Or, for example, if you can't get an MK reservation but can get one for Epcot, just tap in at Epcot and head over to MK immediately.

Such a pointless limitation on AP holders and anyone else who falls in the excluded groups.

mattpeto

I’ve actually never failed to get a park reservation. It’s just a stupid task at this point. At least now, if I arrive at DHS and it’s a cluster (last time, RnRC, SDD, RotR, and MMRR were down at open!), we could just go to Epcot immediately and start drinking.
Let's not forget it opens up the International Gateway coffee grab and leisurely make your way to the Monorail to get to MK.

ToTBellHop

Let's not forget it opens up the International Gateway coffee grab and leisurely make your way to the Monorail to get to MK.
Oh, right. Coffee. Yes, that’s exactly what I’d start drinking after crashing and burning at DHS.

Coffee.

Am I the only one who develops a new ulcer with every DHS morning? It’s more stressful than the morons pushing people over as they sprint to a 48-year old coaster or a kiddie coaster that will inevitably be down at MK at 8:30.

monothingie

Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.
Premium Member
Am I the only one who develops a new ulcer with every DHS morning? It’s more stressful than the morons pushing people over as they sprint to a 48-year old coaster or a kiddie coaster that will inevitably be down at MK at 8:30.
You are the Magic!

Now out of my way so I can be the first one on Space Mountain and ride it again for like the 500th time.

Tuvalu

My pet peeve is having to make a park reservation at all as an AP Resort Guest. Not only am I paying for the most expensive AP and shelling out hundreds of dollars per night for a Disney resort room, I have to take an additional step of making a park reservation when my traveling party with date-based tickets can go anywhere they please.

When FP+ was around, AP Resort Guests had the ability to book FPs for their length of stay (up to 10 days) and weren’t restricted to “rolling booking” like non-resort APs. Seems to me it would be easy (not to mention an extreme example of goodwill) to eliminate the park pass restriction for AP guests in this situation.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
My pet peeve is having to make a park reservation at all as an AP Resort Guest. Not only am I paying for the most expensive AP and shelling out hundreds of dollars per night for a Disney resort room, I have to take an additional step of making a park reservation when my traveling party with date-based tickets can go anywhere they please.

When FP+ was around, AP Resort Guests had the ability to book FPs for their length of stay (up to 10 days) and weren’t restricted to “rolling booking” like non-resort APs. Seems to me it would be easy (not to mention an extreme example of goodwill) to eliminate the park pass restriction for AP guests in this situation.
Even worse when you are a multi contract DVC member, AP holder, and a resort guest.

They treat their most loyal customers as clowns and I’m getting sick of it.

Which is why I’m posting this vacating at the beach rather than Disney at the moment

durangojim

I agree 100%. Also it's so silly that Disney even mentions you can go to your first park at 9am and then go anywhere else. Just lame.

gerarar

Premium Member
I think if they want to keep VQ around, they can simply make it a requirement to be in the park to join one (or tap into a park) and limit you to one VQ at a time.
They would definitely have to, or else the number of guests eligible for the 7am drop would multiply by 4 times since all guests (with a valid park ticket) would be eligible.

Some type of restrictive measure is definitely coming if VQ stays. I do agree that tapping into the park is the most likely choice.

Sallie

I wonder what will happen with the virtual ques. Will you only be able to join if you have that park reservation? I’m a Passholder. i will still need reservation. Or will you be able to join as long as they are available.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
I wonder what will happen with the virtual ques. Will you only be able to join if you have that park reservation? I’m a Passholder. i will still need reservation. Or will you be able to join as long as they are available.
Yes. Until no.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom