Alien Encounter will close on October 15th

UncleJeet

I imagine that there were quite a few Mission To Mars fans that absolutely condemned Disney for updating their favorite attraction. Cries of the evil corporate desire to make money were surely made, accusations of Disney losing sight of the meaning and purpose of the parks, etc...

When you get down to it, replacing or re-designing an existing attraction is always going to make the die-hard fans of that ride upset. However, unless the re-design ends up a horrid debacle like Imagination was, the vast majority of park visitors won't really be at all bothered.

In fact, many people like things to change and update. It gives them a reason to come back to the park, so that they can see something new.

Besides, in the end most of the die-hard AE fans will ride the Stitch re-design and I suspect, if it's well done, that most of them will slowly quiet their dissent until it's barely a whisper.

Of course, if it's done poorly.....well then, flame on!

UncleJeet

Walter

Originally posted by dxwwf3
I absolutely love your new sig Walter.

Why, thank you.

You know, what would upset me the most would, of course, be if they change the main show. I had been hearing that they would only change the preshow, but I don't see Disney putting Stitch in the preshow, and then not seeing him again (until the gift shop, of course. It will be even more bombarded with Stitch than it is, now :rolleyes: ) I still wouldn't like it, of course, if they change the preshow, I like it the way that it is, right now. However, I could easily live with it. Stitch being in the main show, however, is different.

goonsquads57

I just started reading this thread, and I don't have time right now to read all of the posts, so I'm sorry if this question has already been asked and answered. Here 'goes. This thread is in the "news and rumors" section.....is the closing of AE news, or rumor? (personally, I hope it's a rumor). Thanks for your patience everyone.

tinkerbell1983

I'm just as sad as everyone else to see this ride go, and I will be there Oct. 15th to "volunteer" for the last show of the night. I know this show by heart, every word, every movement made by S.I.R. and I am sure I will cry and be upset to see it go. Someone had mentioned they had hoped a group would get together and protest, I had a friend who started an online petition, but instead of using it for it's purpose, people used it to bash on the wrong things. I guess time will only tell if Disney made the rigth choice, I just hope they end up regretting it!

X2CommNavISTC

Account Suspended
I was the one (At least one of the ones) who suggested us AE fans meet up at AE for the final showing. I still say we take the attraction by storm, get a hold of the alien and hold him hostage (Try to any ways) until the agree to keep the attraction and build Stitch somewhere else.

At the same time, Ill lead a team in and we'll save Skippy!!!!

xstechbabe

Original Poster
Originally posted by UncleJeet

Besides, in the end most of the die-hard AE fans will ride the Stitch re-design and I suspect, if it's well done, that most of them will slowly quiet their dissent until it's barely a whisper.

Of course, if it's done poorly.....well then, flame on!

UncleJeet

I will ride it I have no choice I will be working there!!! :brick:

And if it is bad AARRGGHHHHH!!!!:fork:

s25843

On The final Showing at the end of the ride everyone should just stay in the seats and refuse to get up and out

General Grizz

Originally posted by s25843
On The final Showing at the end of the ride everyone should just stay in the seats and refuse to get up and out

"BON VOYAGE..." to Alien Encounter?

NO! We've been seized...with inspiration!

There are X-S characters!

And Stitch is SEIZING originality!

:p

dxwwf3

Originally posted by grizzlyhall
"BON VOYAGE..." to Alien Encounter?

NO! We've been seized...with inspiration!

There are X-S characters!

And Stitch is SEIZING originality!

:p

Grizz the avatars keep on getting better. And yes Stitch is siezing originality. Man it's sad Disney has made me hate Stitch so much. I was just starting to like the little fella. But I guess that's all been thrown out the window :lol:

RogueHabit

So I'll ask again, can anyone else actually conform this closure story? So far We've had a lot of moaning about it, but onlt the original poster seems to have any knowledge of this closure date.

niteobsrvr

LOL, there are several threads on this but for those of you who may have missed them:

From information available to cast members, Alien Encounter will close not open October 12. It will begin its redevelopement at that time and reopen in fall of 2004.

ErikJ972

If they do it right I think Disney can pull of a Stitch ride and make it original. I mean...Disney has been using it's characters as the basis for rides since the begining...it's nothing new.
Peter Pan's Flight
Snow White's Scary Adventures
Mr. Toad's Wild Ride
Splash Mountian
Etc

I will be sorry to see Alien Encounter go. But I do agree it's one of those rides that really wasn't designed for repeat viewings. So...I'm just hoping they don't mess up the Stitch rehab.:drevil:

ErikJ972

Originally posted by cymbaldiva
Oh yeah, a Stitch attraction is something that I'll want to see time and time again...

:rolleyes:

Well...I don't think we shoud judge the repeat ride value of the Stitch attraction BEFORE it even opens :rolleyes:

Plenty of the other character driven rides are certainly worth more than one ride.

jake

According to info on Deb Willis's site (www.wdwig.com) they are shutting down for refurb on Oct. 12th to reopen in fall of '04.

No word on whether or not CoP or timekeeper would be open.
:confused:

I hope they will be. I wanted to ride AE but would love for my daughter to get to see CoP and Timekeeper because this is her first trip.:sohappy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom