Alien Encounter will close on October 15th

xstechbabe

Original Poster
Alien encounter will offically close on October 15th.

All the info:

10 month closeure.
Exit to chamber a will reroute to mickey star traders.
Stitch will be where Scruffy is.
SIR will be there as a robot Cop
The convention center will now be an alien detainmnet facillity.
The show will run the same way there will be a chamber show with the tube still breaking. No word if it is stich in the tube.
Sounds and height restrictions will be lowered.

Thats all so far

WDWFREAK53

Originally posted by xstechbabe

All the info:

10 month closeure.
The show will run the same way there will be a chamber show with the tube still breaking. No word if it is stich in the tube.

Thats all so far

Where did this come from??? Scruffy???? It's SKIPPY.

xstechbabe

Original Poster
Animatronics have names

Skippy will still be there only he will look a little diffrent but his counterpart SCRUFFY the burnt version of skippy will be replaced by Stitch

X2CommNavISTC

Account Suspended
Skippy

Man, my boss is getting rid of a great attraction now, I had hoped in a way that the rumors weren't true. Oh well, least they're replacing AE with Stitch, and not some super dumb (I dont want to use the word I really want to right now) attraction. The detainment center should turn out ot be quite nice if they take the idea out of the movie.

Also, if anyone has seen Stitch: The Movie, anyone notice who sparky is? We'll not the full extent but the animators did take Skippy's look for the idea of sparky.

I always wondered what would come out of that Stitch doll they had in the tube in the gift shop (I'll find the pic later). I guess they've been hinting around at the new attraction for at least four months now (Thats when I noticed the doll there in the first place, which was about the same time the rumors started to really pick up)

dxwwf3

BOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

It makes me sick to even talk about it. I'm sure Disney won't have any "goodbye" event similar to what Kongfrontation recieved (Universal went all out for that send off. And Kongfrontation wasn't THAT popular) because Disney doesn't care about it's past attractions. Heck they probably won't even tell guests it's the last day. I bet when/if they close Carousel of Progress for good they won't do anything special either. Oh well one less reason to make repeat visits to WDW now.

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
damn..

damn damn damn..

damn!

more proof that franchises are taking over the parks.

they better not mess this up

X2CommNavISTC

Account Suspended
Oh there's gonna be people there for the final day. That attraction has like a major cult (Just like Star Wars has their group of followers).

But your right, Disney more than likely won't say anything about its final Day.

But the only, and I mean only attraction/parade that I've ever seen get a farewell party would be the Tapestry of Dreams, anyone who was there back on the final night will tell you that was the biggest farewell ever. The drummers had broken their drum heads (Which is a tration for final performances), everyone was crying, and I think the best part was at the very end, I dont think the Dream Seekers even "Lip-synced" they're parts, they just let the people do it.....That was the greatest farewell and afterparty that Ive been to for any attraction or parade at any of the four parks

PhotoDave219

has anyone given this any thought? Cuz letsee, unless they drastically alter the theme of the entire attraction and rework everything within the chamber, you're still gonna have an attraction that will scare the holybejeezus out of children, adults and most people without a sense of humor.

Theyre gonna get even MORE complaints after its finished then before the rehab.... Get ready for bad press everyone! This is most half baked ideas to lift off out of florida since they programed the mars lander in Miles rather than kilometers...

Shaman

Originally posted by xstechbabe

All the info:

10 month closeure.

Thats all so far

:brick: :brick: :brick: :brick: :brick: :cry:

General Grizz

Re: Re: Alien Encounter will close on October 15th

Originally posted by objr
:brick: :brick: :brick: :brick: :brick: :cry:

Dave: October is what my source said...so...so...HA! :lol:

How horrible...I just LOVE X-S Tech...I'll do AE more than once next time...sheesh...Does Disney have ANY sense of originality anymore??

Ugh...

Yes...let's hope it's done right...but we're losing originality.

Ugh.

X2CommNavISTC

Account Suspended
You know, I was just thinking, even though AE is basically dead....Anyone out there believe that there might be a slight chance that X-S might still be there when we come back? I mean think about it, its obviously in the future, but what year? And what year did L&S take place, maybe, somehow, they could figure out how to team X-S up with the Intergalatic gang and say that the whole premise of the new attraction would be Stitch getting loose and they have to go after him.....It more than likely wouldn't work because of the space (Saying they dont expand) they have right now, but who thinks it might be a slight, good idea?

If you got confused, let me do a run down on it,

X-S and the Intergalatic government team up to go after Stitch because he got loose somehow.

General Grizz

X2CommNavISTC, that might be too confusing for new guests. Although that's a great fan-based workout, Disney usually goes straight for one or the other... (i.e. Dreamfinder not being part of the Imagination Institute). . .

Blah!

dxwwf3

Originally posted by PhotoDave219
has anyone given this any thought? Cuz letsee, unless they drastically alter the theme of the entire attraction and rework everything within the chamber, you're still gonna have an attraction that will scare the holybejeezus out of children, adults and most people without a sense of humor.

Theyre gonna get even MORE complaints after its finished then before the rehab.... Get ready for bad press everyone! This is most half baked ideas to lift off out of florida since they programed the mars lander in Miles rather than kilometers...

See this is the biggest problem I have with the changover (besides of course losing the XS Characters, Skippy, Alien, and originality :lol: ) There is NO way that they can put Stitch in there and still make it a scary, fun attraction for young adults and up. So therefore it will HAVE to be a kiddie show with no frightening parts. This totally sucks. Yet another way Disney shows no care for their older audience in the MK. Man the little ones are getting spoiled at the MK aren't they? (And yes I know some of you will say that the MK is supposed to be for kids but Disney is supposed to be about family and the 13-29 group is actually part of families.)

General Grizz

YES...MK is the most popular park for a REASON - and that's a variety of attractions for different people.

KEEP the age group and IMPROVE the Tiki Room by putting Stitch there...

Oh, and do you like my sig, dxwwf3? :D

roysta123

Does anyone think that they will reopen Timekeeper and/or COP when Alien Encounter closes? Won't they need to open something to keep the crowds spread out a little?

dxwwf3

And does anybody else think that kids are going to hate the over the head restraints (I'll still call them analysis modules :lol: )? These are going to stay according to CM's I talked to on my last trip. And will kids even be able to see the show? What if they are sitting behind a taller person and their module doesn't go down as far. They are going to have very limited vision.

xstechbabe

Original Poster
Originally posted by imagineergurl
No matter how many times people talk about this, I still dont believe this. Im just wondering,xstechbabem, where is this from? [/QUOTE

It's from my boss. My manager, My GSM at work. :hammer: My job is on the line i find out about it.

General Grizz

Originally posted by roysta123
Does anyone think that they will reopen Timekeeper and/or COP when Alien Encounter closes? Won't they need to open something to keep the crowds spread out a little?

Hmmm. . . October WOULD be a black month for Tomorrowland with 3 of the 1994/5 greats closed. Gee. And New Tomorrowland was Disney's last greatest large-scale feat! Too bad they have to ruin it... with double S's ... Seasonal and Stitch!

Looks like I'll have to spend more time in Frontierland.

Not all kids will be able to experience it...I'm SURE Disney is going to keep some scariness to it. Actually, AE isn't that scary as it is...:p ...but it speaks originality.

wdwfan65

Banned
Never liked Alien encounter and I cant stand Stitch I guess now I have two reasons not to see it.Never understood why they strap you in the seats and nothing happens?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom