1. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.
    Dismiss Notice

Alice in Wonderland updates

Discussion in 'Disneyland Resort' started by raven24, May 27, 2014.

1. mickEblu

mickEblu Well-Known Member

That drop is more fun than the finale and I agree pure Disney magic there.

Brer Oswald and SuddenStorm like this.
  2. SuddenStorm

SuddenStorm Well-Known Member

I'm definitely a bit jaded, but the more I ride Indy, the more let down I am by the broken effects and underutilized segments (the rat projection). I hope it gets an overhaul in the next 10 years, where they fix all the effects, and change some of the weaker scenes. Adding a few animatronics would be cool also.

mickEblu likes this.
  3. mickEblu

Oh I agree. I don't ride it more than twice a year. It's not very repeatable for me even when it is working. I'm just thinking back to my first few rides and how amazing it all was.

SuddenStorm likes this.
  4. mickEblu

Agreed.

It's really hard to compare the top attractions though. I mean does anything beat what POTC did with size and scale? That battle ship scene feels like your in the middle of the ocean somewhere. The mood setting in the caverns? Again I'm just wondering what someone riding each for the first time would feel. Which would be more impressive to most.

5. Curious Constance

Curious Constance Well-Known Member

POTC is my favorite but HM and Splash are just behind it.

I think Splash is me and my kid's favorite ride to ride together. You can't beat the storytelling and music coupled with the thrill.

I just HATE getting my shoes wet!

SuddenStorm, Antaundra and mickEblu like this.
  6. mickEblu

Sit in the 4th or 5th spot. It also helps not to sit in a very "heavy" log or one that is front heavy.

Curious Constance likes this.
  7. Kira Nerys

Kira Nerys Well-Known Member

Splash Mountain is something that is genuinely better at WDW. You all know how I feel about DL's HM vs. WDW, but I can't argue that DL's Splash is inferior. At WDW, it's more elaborate and moves at a slower pace. Everything at DL is broken and all the lights are out, but I can't tell if the lights are supposed to be out and it's supposed to be like a Fantasyland dark ride in the water? It's still cool, but despite having basically the same layout, WDW has the better scenes and music, even if the "logs" look like loaves of bread.

Brer Oswald likes this.
  8. Brer Oswald

Brer Oswald Well-Known Member

Yes I have. I've been on the WDW version 26 times, and the DL version only once. I prefer the WDW version overall, although it's not ahead of DL by much. There are less animatronics in WDW, but the animatronics that are there are visually and technically superior in every way. The scenes are incredibly more elaborate, and the slightly slower pace makes it easier to take in details. The drops are incredibly similar, with DL having the edge, but the logs at WDW are just so much more comfortable. The music is a toss up. I think WDW's style leads to the best version of "How Do You Do?" (my favourite song), but the overall soundtrack of DL is just much more magical (they both are, but again Disneyland has the edge). I feel like WDW is attempting to tell you a linear story in a grand way, while DL is taking a Pirates or Mansion approach, where there is still a linear story to follow, but it's filled with multiple different stories and characters all around. Again, it's close, but I find WDW the best, and I think if you went on it, you may too. It seems to be the general consensus.

mickEblu likes this.
  9. Kira Nerys

I think the banjo and harmonica music really give WDW the edge. It's mega charming.

10. D.Silentu

D.Silentu Active Member

I think the low lighting cues at Disneyland's Splash are on purpose. I feel like one year I visited after the ride had returned from refurbishment and it had quite noticeably become what we have now. I can't remember well what it was like before, but I agree, I'm not a fan of the current stage lighting.

11. Brer Oswald

It does. I always toss back and forth which has the better soundtrack, but I love me that Harmonica. The harmonica rendition of "How Do You Do" is my ringtone. I've also occasionally used it as an alarm, but it doesn't work well because it usually just manifests into my dream.

12. SuddenStorm

To avoid this, I ride in the front and put my feet as far forward as possible. They never get wet. The rest of me does, but my feet stay dry.

CHOX and Curious Constance like this.
  13. SuddenStorm

Not to mention, the rendition of "Everybody's Got a Laughing Place" is the best piece of Disney park ride music available- especially since it isn't even the attraction's "signature" song. It just works so well.

mickEblu likes this.
  14. Brer Oswald

Huh. Really? Personally I'd say How Do You Do? or Zip-a-dee-doo-dah are the best songs, and the the signature song is one of those two. But I find that it is very interesting we all have different opinions on Splash. It just goes to show everything was crafter with so much care, and everything in that attraction is amazing! And I'd say that the entire Splash Soundtrack as a whole is the best music out of anything in the park!

SuddenStorm likes this.
  15. Kira Nerys

The best music is the rendition of Zip-a-dee-doo-dah (I copied and pasted this from your post because it looked more or less right) that is heard after you go down the waterfall.

Brer Oswald likes this.
  16. Brer Oswald

I'm pretty sure that's it's correct spelling. There is something completely magical about Splash's renditions of "Zip-a-dee-doo-dah". The fact that it translates so well into so many forms makes it rival "When You Wish Upon a Star" as Disney's definitive song, at least in my eyes. I'd for sure consider it the theme of the parks, again in my opinion. I especially love the end part of the instrumental. I'm just so happy coming off the ride, probably the happiest I ever am, and it makes me want to just ride it continuously!

17. Kira Nerys

Who could forget the rap version...

HM briefly appears at the start of this video in a mega charming cameo basking in the morning sun and you'll be wishing they'd gone in there instead within seconds.