Alice in Wonderland updates

Brer Oswald

It makes perfect sense. The farm in Living with the Land is one of the greatest scenes Disney has every created. It's so charming, I don't even know how it still exists, especially since most of the old EPCOT has been destroyed.
I loved that scene. Why it was in Splash Mountain, expanded, and full of the Brer Critters, I have no clue. The point is, I was happy, until I woke up and realized I wasn't there.

George Lucas on a Bench

I had a dream that I was back at the Disneyland Haunted Mansion, but the hearse had been removed from the front. I climb up a hill and I'm at the Magic Kingdom version where the hearse has also been removed. Instead, there's an open area in front with benches without ridiculous railings. It's so magical. Then I wake up to a world of Haunted Mansions with intrusive hearses plopped in front, as if by the devil himself.

Brer Oswald

My Disney dreams usually consist of weird different versions of Splash Mountain. One time I think instead of a flume you want down the whole thing on a water slide where you could stop and get off where you like.
I've had a recurring dream like that. Except you rode an inner tube on the water slide. Of course, I fell off this raft and slid through on my own.

D.Silentu

I think you'll appreciate this @Kira Nerys. Over the years I've had many dreams about the Haunted Mansion, but it has always been radically different in design and often in theme, save for one element: the stretching room. Sometimes, there is a window into the room so guests outside get a tease of the scene. Oddly enough, most of the time my imagined mansion is a walkthrough, rather than a dark ride.

George Lucas on a Bench

A recurring image in my dreams is the green shades being retracted to reveal the white curtains in the windows of Haunted Mansion. For some reason, most of the windows have these ugly green shades covering the white curtains when you should be seeing the white curtains. It's so dumb.

mickEblu

Mine are the same way. Only Splash Mountain, and it's never the normal version.

Dang, I thought I was the only one.

Right! Never ever the normal version. Always some weird version from another dimension. I think the reason I randomly dream about it is because Splash opened at DL when I was 7, although I don't think rode it for the first time until I was about 10 or 11 and it really captured my imagination. It's still in my Top 3.

SuddenStorm

Right! Never ever the normal version. Always some weird version from another dimension. I think the reason I randomly dream about it is because Splash opened at DL when I was 7, although I don't think rose it for the first time until I was about 10 or 11 and it really captured my imagination. It's still in my Top 3.

It's been my favorite most of my life. I usually ride it 3+ times, so I guess it's natural that'd be the one that sticks with me.

SuddenStorm

Yeah when you consider thrill, theming, ride time, catchy songs and repeatability it's hard to argue it's not the best ride at the park.

It's a shame that the ride is starting to show it's age. It's still the best- but I'd love to see the animatronics and ride receive some thorough maintenance.

I've also seen people on other sites calling for it to be overlayed as either Princess and the Frog, or Zootopia, but after seeing the raw end of the deal that HM fans get 4 months out of the year, I think I'd be fine if Disney didn't touch Splash Mountain.

mickEblu

It's a shame that the ride is starting to show it's age. It's still the best- but I'd love to see the animatronics and ride receive some thorough maintenance.

I've also seen people on other sites calling for it to be overlayed as either Princess and the Frog, or Zootopia, but after seeing the raw end of the deal that HM fans get 4 months out of the year, I think I'd be fine if Disney didn't touch Splash Mountain.

Oh helllllll no. I wouldn't mind P&theF Ride somewhere else but they would be crazy to remove Splash. Just losing the songs alone. There are just a few things that become part of the fabric of the park and Splash is definitkey one.

Going back to the what is the best attraction at the park....POTC is a classic and still awesome but I'd be lying if I said I'm engaged throughout the entire ride. I absolutely love everything from the bayou though the Pirate ship battle scene but then after that it's like "ok this is classic and nice but I'm a little bored." Same with HM.

I guess the right way to judge would be which attraction would be the most impressive if it was my first time riding. And in that way it would be tough to argue that Indy (when everything is working) POTC, and HM aren't better attractions.

Brer Oswald

I'd easily say the Splash is my favourite Theme Park attraction in the world, and I'd argue that it's the definitive attraction at any Disney park, no, the crowning jewel out of all things that Disney produced! Every piece of music in and around that ride are masterpieces. The story is so simple yet perfect for a Disney attraction. The animatronics are amazing. And the set design is impeccable! It's detailed and filled with color. You just can't beat Splash Mountain! It's the only time "modern" Disney has ever matched the direct creations of Walt.

mickEblu

I'd easily say the Splash is my favourite Theme Park attraction in the world, and I'd argue that it's the definitive attraction at any Disney park, no, the crowning jewel out of all things that Disney produced! Every piece of music in and around that ride are masterpieces. The story is so simple yet perfect for a Disney attraction. The animatronics are amazing. And the set design is impeccable! It's detailed and filled with color. You just can't beat Splash Mountain! It's the only time "modern" Disney has ever matched the direct creations of Walt.

Then again it's also hard to argue any of this.

You don't think Indy matches the direct creations of Walt? I get that it doesn't have that old time WED feel or many animatronics.

SuddenStorm

As far as rides go, Splash is the best. It combines classic animatronics that were designed by Marc Davis, Tony Baxter's masterful storytelling, and is the perfect utilization of an IP. They actually re recorded the songs for the ride, instead of playing the movie audio (looking at you Mermaid), and were able to make the ride good on it's own merit.

Not to mention all the subtle moments. Coming out of that second drop into the blacklight lit beehives is likely the best moment in any Disney park rides.

However, the original version of Fantasmic is the crown jewel of all things produced by Disney... ;)

SuddenStorm

@Brer Oswald and @SuddenStorm habw you new on the WDW version? I haven't and have only seen a ride through on YouTube but I feel that I would enjoy the Disneyland version more. It feels more like a Fantasyland dark ride on steroids. The pace looks much faster, the drop more thrilling and the single file logs.

I haven't. I'm a huge fan of Disneyland Park, but less of a fan of Disney Parks as a whole (including DCA) so it'd take some convincing to get me to go cross country and pay a ton of money to go to WDW.

From the videos I've seen, the WDW is definitely much brighter, and looks like it's more story focused with the frog narrating parts of it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom