Alice in Wonderland in 3-D?

Wilt Dasney

Alice in Wonderland is just plain creepy to me (not in a bad way), and that goes for Disney's version too. I like the sound of this Burton thing. I think Alice might be the perfect fit for him.

Jekyll_Baker

This would be a perfect fit...Tim Burton and Alice. Anyone remember the PC game American McGee's Alice? This is how I picture Burton doing it. I think I would enjoy that very much.

** Well, it lloks like the film adaptation of American McGee's Alice is set to be released in 2008...so I wonder if the world can handle two Alice movies within a year or two?

I was just about to say the same thing about American McGee's Alice.

I did just look it up on IMDB and they do have an entry there for Alice in Wonderland produced by Tim Burton Animation and distributed by Disney, with a tentative release date of 2010. No other info is given for the movie though.

Brian_WDW74

The "Alice" remake will be written by Linda Woolverton, who wrote "Beauty and the Beast" and co-wrote "The Lion King" for Disney. The deal also includes Burton doing a 3D remake of "Frankenweenie." It will be shot in stop-motion like the original.

EpScott

I think an Alice film with Tm Burton at the helm would be awesome----ON ONE CONDITION: that he NOT put his girlfriend/mother of his child Helena Bonham-Carter in the title role! I understand they're together, but that doesn't mean she is always the perfect choice for the main roles! (As you can tell, I'm not that big of a fan of her----just my opinion.) And while i'm thinking of it---i hope they don't just put the "Flavor of the Day" in the title role (i.e.--Jessica Simpson or someone of her ilk----I KNOW she's hot, that doesn't make her Master Thespian!!!) Luckily, I don't think Mr. Burton would make the latter mistake!

Shere_Khan

I think an Alice film with Tm Burton at the helm would be awesome----ON ONE CONDITION: that he NOT put his girlfriend/mother of his child Helena Bonham-Carter in the title role! I understand they're together, but that doesn't mean she is always the perfect choice for the main roles! (As you can tell, I'm not that big of a fan of her----just my opinion.) And while i'm thinking of it---i hope they don't just put the "Flavor of the Day" in the title role (i.e.--Jessica Simpson or someone of her ilk----I KNOW she's hot, that doesn't make her Master Thespian!!!) Luckily, I don't think Mr. Burton would make the latter mistake!

Well I would hope it would be a young girl and not an adult.

EpScott

The "Alice" remake will be written by Linda Woolverton, who wrote "Beauty and the Beast" and co-wrote "The Lion King" for Disney. The deal also includes Burton doing a 3D remake of "Frankenweenie." It will be shot in stop-motion like the original.

Do you mean "Vincent," which was done originally in stop-motion? "Frankenweenie" was live action with Shelly Duvall and Daniel Stern. I really enjoyed "Vincent" and I would love to see it in 3-D!

Brian_WDW74

Do you mean "Vincent," which was done originally in stop-motion? "Frankenweenie" was live action with Shelly Duvall and Daniel Stern. I really enjoyed "Vincent" and I would love to see it in 3-D!

You're right. But it's "Frankenweenie" that will be remade, in 3D stop-motion.

EpScott

Well I would hope it would be a young girl and not an adult.
Yes, let's hope it is a younger girl, but back to my "Flavor of the Day" quote----only this time substitute the name "Dakota Fanning" for Ms. Simpson! Man, that girl's in everything!!! (Seriously, though--unlike Jessica, Dakota DOES have acting ability!!!):)

EpScott

You're right. But it's "Frankenweenie" that will be remade, in 3D stop-motion.

Oh Heck!! Who am I kidding??? It doesn't matter whether it's Frankenweenie or Vincent---I would still want to see it either way!!!! (And I would enjoy either one, too!!!) Thank you, Brian!

THECARISMINE

There is no possible way for me to explain my amount of excitment right now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D:D:sohappy::sohappy::sohappy::sohappy: I CAN'T WAIT!!!!

Shere_Khan

That just made me think of Pan's Labrynth. I could see Burton doing something similar to that, but more crazy-weird and less scary-weird...

I did not see that. Was it any good Kat? I don't like disturbing/scary movies so I was not sure what I would think of that one.

k.hunter30

I did not see that. Was it any good Kat? I don't like disturbing/scary movies so I was not sure what I would think of that one.
Then you probably wouldn't like this movie. I wouldn't say it's "scary," more... frighteningly-twisted. I didn't realize there were some rather gruesome parts - I had to look away for some scenes. Artistically, I have to say I did appreciate the film, though I don't think I'll watch it again.

cristina47454

Are we talking computer generated animation 3D? The characters always look so weird to me whenever they do that. Sounds like live action from what people are saying re:casting.

ooooh im excited!!!! i LOVE alice in wonderland.

though, tim burton, alice, and 3D can add up to a different kind of audience....one full of teenager/college students in altered states. not that i would. just saying, alice is one of those movies.

Tweedle Adie

Through the looking glass and what Alice found there was quite dark, I think it could be done well as a dark PG rate movie

Jabberwocky - Lewis Carroll
'Twas brillig, and the slithy toves

Did gyre and gimble in the wabe;All mimsy were the borogoves,
And the mome raths outgrabe.
"Beware the Jabberwock, my son!
The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!Beware the Jubjub bird, and shun
The frumious Bandersnatch!"
He took his vorpal sword in hand:
Long time the manxome foe he sought --So rested he by the Tumtum tree,
And stood awhile in thought
And as in uffish thought he stood,
The Jabberwock, with eyes of flame,Came whiffling through the tulgey wood,
And burbled as it came!
One, two! One, two! and through and through
The vorpal blade went snicker-snack!He left it dead, and with its head
He went galumphing back.
"And hast thou slain the Jabberwock?
Come to my arms, my beamish boy!O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!"
He chortled in his joy.
'Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
Did gyre and gimble in the wabe;All mimsy were the borogoves,

And the mome raths outgrabe.

Teenchy

Yeah I suppose Dakota would be cute in it. I also like the little blonde girl from Willy Wonka and Bridge to Terabithia.

That is who I though of right away....AnnaSophia Robb http://www.annasophiarobb.com/

She is a good actress and has done the cute role as well as the creepy role already......just look at the difference between Winn Dixie and The Reaping!

I think Tim Burton could make it interesting....of course Depp will be the Mad Hatter.

Brian_WDW74

Are we talking computer generated animation 3D? The characters always look so weird to me whenever they do that. Sounds like live action from what people are saying re:casting.

The movie will combine live-action footage with performance-capture computer imagery. Sort of like Gollum in LotR but more extensive.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom