Alcohol question...

Nm77

Original Poster
I’m completely new to this and wonder if anyone can help me at all?
I have used a quick service establishment at WDW twice this week and instead of sides I ordered four beers to which I was allowed as part of the dining plan
Both instances my wife and kids were sat at a distant table and no questions were asked
I have just gone to the same establishment this evening and the server would not give me four beers
He asked if I had anyone else with me over the age of 21 and I responded that my wife was back in our hotel room
I also asked him what difference does it make?
Firstly he said he cannot by law and that I could only have two beers
When I pushed him on this statement (are you telling me this is a Florida state law?) he back tracked and said it was Disney
I asked him to tell me where Disney states this and he could not
I also told him about my previous two experiences earlier this week which went unquestioned and he could only say I don’t know why they did that
Being a stickler to principle I asked him to explain the logic behind this? If I were to go to the bar next door with four friends and order 5 alcoholic drinks would the bartender not serve me?
He would not comment aside from the fact that he would only give me two beers unless another 21 year old was present
Can someone please confirm if this is indeed Disney policy ?
If so I will eat humble pie (as crappy as a rule it may be) else is this something that I can escalate?
Any help or advice is very much appreciated

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
I’m completely new to this and wonder if anyone can help me at all?
I have used a quick service establishment at WDW twice this week and instead of sides I ordered four beers to which I was allowed as part of the dining plan
Both instances my wife and kids were sat at a distant table and no questions were asked
I have just gone to the same establishment this evening and the server would not give me four beers
He asked if I had anyone else with me over the age of 21 and I responded that my wife was back in our hotel room
I also asked him what difference does it make?
Firstly he said he cannot by law and that I could only have two beers
When I pushed him on this statement (are you telling me this is a Florida state law?) he back tracked and said it was Disney
I asked him to tell me where Disney states this and he could not
I also told him about my previous two experiences earlier this week which went unquestioned and he could only say I don’t know why they did that
Being a stickler to principle I asked him to explain the logic behind this? If I were to go to the bar next door with four friends and order 5 alcoholic drinks would the bartender not serve me?
He would not comment aside from the fact that he would only give me two beers unless another 21 year old was present
Can someone please confirm if this is indeed Disney policy ?
If so I will eat humble pie (as crappy as a rule it may be) else is this something that I can escalate?
Any help or advice is very much appreciated
That's extremely common. I've never tried it myself at Disney but it's standard practice at sports stadiums, concerts, etc.

DisneyGigi

You can get 2 at a time. The only exception I have ever known was Club Villain, and it was as many as you could carry back to the table, basically. No limits.

slappy magoo

I would think it's arguable that a: you're using the dining plan and b: the dining plan has kids on it, then by giving you four beers they're "serving minors."

I know realistically lots of parents are probably using the QS credits to get an extra beer or alcoholic beverage and then paying for a soda or milk or juice out of pocket for the kids, or just letting the rug rats drink from the tap or the toilet. Savings gotta come from somewhere.

But I'm also sure some knucklehead parent would think it hilarious to let a kid have a beer at Disney World and see if they can get away with it.

To say nothing of parents from foreign countries where kids might be able to drink who laugh at our puritan ways.

So they have to keep vigilant.

Another reason why I think, if they're going to keep alcoholic beverages on the dining plans, to start adding a 10-21 year old tier to the dining plan.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom