alcohol at resorts?

oscargeo

Original Poster
Going to stay in the park for 5 days and I like a drink in the evenings. I've heard its expensive to buy alcohol in the park so is there a way to get our booze off park and get it back to room when we don't have a car. Or is Mickey a teetotaler?

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Going to stay in the park for 5 days and I like a drink in the evenings. I've heard its expensive to buy alcohol in the park so is there a way to get our booze off park and get it back to room when we don't have a car. Or is Mickey a teetotaler?
Which resort are you staying at? Most of the deluxe resorts sell alcohol in the resort shops.

mcurtiss

even the moderates sell beer and wine at the food courts. I believe they had liquor in the gift shop as well.

My brother and his wife packed liquor in the bags since they knew it would be cost prohibitive. A 16 oz Stella Artois was something like $8 so its definitely not cheap.

slappy magoo

PoP sells alcohol at the food court out of the coolers. Id imagine AS does as well.
Yeah, but I think the OP wants quantity AND cost effectiveness. Anything on-site is more expensive than off-site; it's just a question of getting somewhere off site. Probably the best bet would be to take a Disney bus to Downtown Disney (maybe on a day you were planning to go to DtD anyway so it's not a special trip), then walk across the street to the Hess station where booze will be markedly cheaper.

oscargeo

Original Poster
Yeah, but I think the OP wants quantity AND cost effectiveness. Anything on-site is more expensive than off-site; it's just a question of getting somewhere off site. Probably the best bet would be to take a Disney bus to Downtown Disney (maybe on a day you were planning to go to DtD anyway so it's not a special trip), then walk across the street to the Hess station where booze will be markedly cheaper.
Thanks for the tips. Its a first trip to wdw. BTW slappy magoo, whats "OP" ?

slappy magoo

Thanks for the tips. Its a first trip to wdw. BTW slappy magoo, whats "OP" ?
You are the Original Poster, the OP.

FYI there are other Hess station/convenience stores in the WDW area, and I could be wrong but I think that one is probably the most convenient for someone staying at the All Star Resorts without a car. There's also a Hess station near the main entrance to the TTC parking lot, which is also a Car Care center and a place to rent cars via Alamo/National. And there's a Hess station near the Epcot resorts area, I think closest to the Boardwalk Inn/Villas.

Another possible option - I'm assuming you're using Disney Magical Express to get from the airport to WDW, but I could be wrong. If you were to use a town car to get to your resort, many of them include in the price of the drive a 30-minute stopover at a grocery store so you can stock up on essentials, and who's to say what's "essential," not me. Another option is to use greengrocer.com to deliver to your resort https://www.gardengrocer.com/questions I've not used them, but I've heard good things. I don't know if it's any cheaper than just buying booze onsite but if you were thinking of stocking up on other necessities, it might work out. I could be mistaken but I believe you can contact that resort ahead of time to let them know of an impending delivery, and if you haven't arrived yet, they'll accept the delivery for you and make sure any perishables get refrigerated. I didn't see anything on their site about NOT being able to deliver alcohol so if I'm giving you any bad advice I'm sure someone will correct me pretty quick.

Last edited:

WWWD

You are the Original Poster, the OP.

FYI there are other Hess station/convenience stores in the WDW area, and I could be wrong but I think that one is probably the most convenient for someone staying at the All Star Resorts without a car. There's also a Hess station near the main entrance to the TTC parking lot, which is also a Car Care center and a place to rent cars via Alamo/National. And there's a Hess station near the Epcot resorts area, I think closest to the Boardwalk Inn/Villas.

Another possible option - I'm assuming you're using Disney Magical Express to get from the airport to WDW, but I could be wrong. If you were to use a town car to get to your resort, many of them include in the price of the drive a 30-minute stopover at a grocery store so you can stock up on essentials, and who's to say what's "essential," not me. Another option is to use greengrocer.com to deliver to your resort https://www.gardengrocer.com/questions I've not used them, but I've heard good things. I don't know if it's any cheaper than just buying booze onire but if you were thinking of stocking up on other necessities, it might work out. I could be mistaken but I believe you can contact that resort ahead of time to let them know of an impending delivery, and if you haven't arrived yet, they'll accept the delivery for you and make sure any perishables get refrigerated. I didn't see anything on their site about NOT being able to deliver alcohol so if I'm giving you any bad advice I'm sure someone will correct me pretty quick.

I have used gardengrocer.com many times. If you buy alcohol from them, you must fax or email a copy of your driver's license to ensure you are 21. They will deliver during a delivery windows that you request, however you do not need to be present to receive delivery. They will leave your order with bell services, and bell services does a good job of keeping cold things cold - even the beer. I have returned from the parks several hours after delivery to nice cold beer.

Now I don't use them for orders under about 100 dollars as the delivery charge, optional driver tip and bell services tip seems to take away from any real savings for me at that point. Remember, though you can go through 100 dollars in alcohol in the parks or resorts real fast - damn, those frozen drinks!

G8rchamps

We just stayed at POP and 2 fruity rum drinks from the pool bar was like $20 = tip. I did not check the price, but they do sell actual bottles of spirits (rum, vodka, whiskey) in the gift shop. I'm sure they are overpriced, but for one or two on the room - better than bar prices.

Communicore

Everything Pop! is an amazing "liquor store" as they shelve their liquors right next to their shelved CD's and DVD's and then the beers are in the actual food court where they sell them for $7 a pop!

jlsHouston

Well..we drove in and hit Louisiana first stop for gas and I swear Jim bought the hugest bottle of Jack I have ever seen. Looked like something he would take on a hunting trip. And when valet was unloading the car, OMG the cracks started....continued when bell services brought the bags to the room...something about the most precious of all cargo.
If no car available and trying to save a little money check the airport, not sure if there is a duty free at MCO or not but if there is liquor would be sold. Otherwise from Hollywood Studios or EPCOT you could boat over to BWI. Then walk out to the street and turn left. About 1 long block up and on the corner left side is a HESS.
Or take a cab over to VIneland Rd , liquor stores around the Walmart

Club Cooloholic

A word of advice, coming from someone who has left many a maid several bottles of wine and 6 packs of brews, don't buy too much! Last time I just bought a few beers from the Hess, because in the past I would buy a case and some wine at a Publix grocery store and would end up not really drinking most of it. By the time you get back from parks your too beat to really drink, or you get back and the last thing you feel like doing is sitting in your room drinking, it's much more fun to head to a lounge(Especially River Roost) or pool bar, and chat with fellow vacationers. So I suggest grab a few from Hess or even the gift shop to bring to pool but don't go overboard.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom