AKL to close until Sep 1st??

Status
Not open for further replies.

wen-tom

I have just read this news on mousesavers... does anyone have any confirmation from disney? i know they have been moving people who were due to stay soon but there has been no mention of a shut down until now?? :veryconfu

lewisc

I have found mousesavers to be far more accurate then information you've provided in the past. I recall your previous claim, almost a year ago, that DME would not handle luggage for late arrivals. Mary has a far better track record in providing accurate information then you have. Mary also takes the time to update her site as new information becomes available.

Some guests picked the AKL due to it's unique theming. It's a shame Disney decided to put DVC sales ahead of guests with confirmed, and paid in full, reservations.

Officially...

In an effort to accelerate the construction time-line and complete the Villas earlier then planned, portions of the resort will be temporary closing.

Construction work is scheduled to occur during the daytime hours. Guest visiting our Theme Parks and other entertainment venues away from the Resort should not experience much of an impact. Guest planning to remain at the resort during the day enjoying the pool, restaurants or lounging in the lobby may see/hear construction equipment and staff.

Unofficially...

Mousesavers is notorious for posting incorrect or incomplete information. Walt Disney World Resort is not responsible for information published on unauthorized websites. For the most accurate information, please refer to our official WDW websites at www.disney.go.com or www.disneyworld.com.

Upvote 0

MinnieMommy

I just have to jump in here. JP has always been very helpful to anyone here who has needed help with "official" procedure, etc. I know he has always answered my posts or PMs right away with just the help I needed. I don't think he and Mousesavers are too far from each other in their motivation to help us all plan a great Disney vacation. They just do their part in two different ways! :wave:

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:
No offense, but he said "approved policies and spiels." So that would mean this is what he is authorized to tell people calling in (as he also said). He also, very clearly stated, that callers basically assumed that mousesavers was an official site; he never accused you in any way pf presenting yourself as official. His point that your site, wdwmagic and others is unofficial should in no way be offensive.

JP has always provided great information to wdwmagic users and his advice is welcome, accurate and much appreciated by me and others.

Thanks for joining WDWMAGIC; enjoy your stay.:wave:

Great Post Iakona, Couldnt have said it better myself!!! Belle

Upvote 0

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
So what you're saying is, without permission from your employer, you take it upon yourself to post internal Disney documents and policies on a public message board, and label them "official."

Sounds like career suicide to me, but hey, it's your funeral. :shrug:

xxxxxxxxxxx.com has never pretended to be an official Disney site. Indeed, there is a disclaimer on every single page of my site to that effect.

Mary
xxxxxxxxxxxx.com

I for one would appreciate it if you would cease to try to impune the reputation of one of the most accurate sources of general information on WDWMagic. JP, to my knowledge, has only posted information to clarify questions about Disney policies and procedures. The same information anyone could have obtained if they had called guest relations. As far as I can recall, he has never been involved with any rumor milling or false information.

Upvote 0

pinkrose

No offense, but he said "approved policies and spiels." So that would mean this is what he is authorized to tell people calling in (as he also said). He also, very clearly stated, that callers basically assumed that mousesavers was an official site; he never accused you in any way pf presenting yourself as official. His point that your site, wdwmagic and others is unofficial should in no way be offensive.

JP has always provided great information to wdwmagic users and his advice is welcome, accurate and much appreciated by me and others.

Thanks for joining WDWMAGIC; enjoy your stay.:wave:
Great post!!! :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

Upvote 0

cdunbar

I also must jump in here and defend JP. This is someone who has answered my multiple PM's filled with silly questions in the most respectiable manner. JP may have been sitting at his computer and going geez that is a dumb question but not once did he ever say that to me, and I think that for someone who works with people with stupid questions everyday not to say that a question is a dumb one makes JP a great poster with useful information, and a person who doesn't talk down to anyone who has less knowledge than himself makes him a great person in my book. I think it is a shame that Disney is putting its future guests ahead of its current guests but as I know that is unfortunately the nature of a ever growing business.
And Mary I see the service you are trying to provide and do greatly appreciate it, but I don't think it is fair to attack JP for saying something that has been brought to his knowledge several times.
I'm jumping off my soapbox now....:lookaroun

Upvote 0

Erika

I believe the original question has been answered, so I am going to lock this one up. I am going to ask that the current discussion not be continued in another thread. Thanks :)

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom