AK : Yak & Yeti or Tusker House

mwoates

We will be on the dining plan and would like a sit down service meal at Animal Kingdom...What do you guys suggest? Yak and Yeti or Tusker House? I've also seen some things about a new T-Rex restaurant but nor sure if that is sit down and/or will it be counted as such on the meal plan...Any recommendations would be welcome!

dove_

Since you mentioned the Dining Plan, I know the T-Rex restaurant (sit down) is not on the plan, and I believe Yak and Yeti isn't either. (Owned by outside companies, like Rainforest Cafe).

Upvote 0

LivinWitTheLand

We ate at Yak & Yeti last month for the first time. We were very excited about dining there for the first time.

The food was OK, but the service was the most horrible that we have ever received while at WDW. So bad I actually complained at AK guest relations. We have been to WDW 10 times since 2001 and always eat on property the whole length of stay, so we know what standard Disney service should be and Yak & Yeti is not it. Possibly due to the fact that they are managed by an outside firm (as is the new T-Rex place at DD).

We are skipping Yak & Yetti next year and giving Tusker a try. It would be hard for Tusker to be worse than Yak & Yeti was.

Upvote 0

VT GAL

Yak and Yeti was on the DDP in January, and we really liked it. The portion sizes are HUGE!!!!! We had great service, but that was due to our waiter...we saw people around us that weren't that happy with it...

But...

On the other hand we SUPER liked Tusker House in June. We went for lunch, so there were no characters. I found the buffet to have both more fun options (tabouleh, hummus, somosas) and more normal options (carving station, bagels, salad, and mini corn dogs for the young ones).

I give the upper hand to Tusker house, but both offer good and very different dining options. Whichever one you choose you should be happy!

Have a great trip!!!! :wave:

Upvote 0

ricesk

Haven't been to Yak and Yeti but ate at Tusker House in January. Service was really great but I didn't care for the food. Buffet offered many choices but most were just too eclectic or exotic for my family. We probably wouldn't eat there again. Just my two cents......

Upvote 0

djpoore94

We have never eaten at Tusker House, but we ate at Yak & Yeti on the DDP just last week. DH & I were both very happy with our meals, and we had awesome service. The food was great, especially the deserts (Mango Pie & Fried Wontons).

Upvote 0

JerseySkiddie

I haven't been to Yak and Yeti yet, but I've heard people say its a bit pricey for what you get.

I ate at Tusker House on my last trip and was more than satisfied. There were tons of options and most things were really tasty. Everyone in my group agreed that it was a great new option in the park. I don't usually go for buffets other than Boma which is awesome. This was similar to that and I really liked it.

Have a great trip!

Upvote 0

elabron

Yak and Yeti: AVOID THE SWEET AND SOUR CHICKEN AT ALL COSTS!

I ordered it and compared it to my daughter's chicken nuggets........my sweet and sour chicken was nothing more than the chicken nuggets tossed in a sweet and sour sauce and served on a bed of rice. Honest to Gawd......dry as bones. :hurl:

It was BAAAAAAD.

The Crispy Honey Chicken is actually pretty good though.

Upvote 0

PoppinsFan

I have eaten at both. It depends if you want a buffet style meal or not. Tusker House is buffet style with many choices and the food is great. Yak & Yeti has a wonderful menu and the food was equally as great. We received great service at both restaurants. My family prefers Yak & Yeti due to the fact that it is not a buffet. We are not big on buffets. I am sure you will enjoy either restaurant.

Upvote 0

DABIGCHEEZ

We tried Yak and Yeti this past August for the first time. While the food was good and the service was lacking at best. In a nutshell and IMO it is was very expensive Chinese food. We spent well over $100 for me and my wife(both no alcohol) and 3 kids meals and 1 eggroll type appy. We will not book there again and we will book Tusker just to try something new.

Upvote 0

jmcdougall

Since you mentioned the Dining Plan, I know the T-Rex restaurant (sit down) is not on the plan, and I believe Yak and Yeti isn't either. (Owned by outside companies, like Rainforest Cafe).
We ate at the Yak and Yeti in September and they accepted the dining plan. The portions are WAY too big and we did not need the dessert but it came with the dining plan. The food was delicious. I would definitely eat there again. Janine

Upvote 0

kimmychad

We ate at Yak & Yeti last month for the first time. We were very excited about dining there for the first time.

The food was OK, but the service was the most horrible that we have ever received while at WDW. So bad I actually complained at AK guest relations. We have been to WDW 10 times since 2001 and always eat on property the whole length of stay, so we know what standard Disney service should be and Yak & Yeti is not it. Possibly due to the fact that they are managed by an outside firm (as is the new T-Rex place at DD).

We are skipping Yak & Yetti next year and giving Tusker a try. It would be hard for Tusker to be worse than Yak & Yeti was.

lol, my wife really liked the food there. i asked the waitress to do something with my meal and she said "if i remember"! the wifes really excited to go back in dec, not sure why.

Upvote 0

pacochran

It's funny how you get such a wide range of opions from I hated it to I love it, again shows to each his own.

We are going to try it when we go in December, we'll be making our own opinion, though it is nice to hear others.

Upvote 0

NewfieFan

It's funny how you get such a wide range of opions from I hated it to I love it, again shows to each his own.

We are going to try it when we go in December, we'll be making our own opinion, though it is nice to hear others.

I was just thinking the same thing! I was looking into trying one of these restaurants on my next trip... I still haven't decided! I guess I'll just have to pick one and then make my own opinion as well!

Upvote 0

durangojim

We ate at Yak and Yeti the first month it opened and really enjoyed it. It was a bit pricy and they don't accept DDE, but overall we thoght the food was quite good and the atmosphere is cool.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom