AK : Yak & Yeti or Tusker House

mwoates

We will be on the dining plan and would like a sit down service meal at Animal Kingdom...What do you guys suggest? Yak and Yeti or Tusker House? I've also seen some things about a new T-Rex restaurant but nor sure if that is sit down and/or will it be counted as such on the meal plan...Any recommendations would be welcome!

Yak & Yeti

Hi There we ate at Yak & Yeti on our last trip and it was great, we loved everything we ordered.
Go with a open mind and make reservations too so that you won't have to wait too long. We got one appetizer called fried green beans they were delicious. Also the Fried Shrimp is delicious too. Enjoy! :)

Have a great time on your next trip to Disney! :sohappy:

Upvote 0

bhg469

They need Buffalo wings.

:animwink:

:) Somewhere in disney needs them!! Honestly they are the easiest thing in the world to make but NO ONE does it right except for buffalo and some areas around PA. Its one of the reasons i dont ever want to leave here.

but on topic I really miss How tusker house used to be. It was one of the best counter service places on property.

Upvote 0

kimmychad

We ate at Yak and Yeti the first month it opened and really enjoyed it. It was a bit pricy and they don't accept DDE, but overall we thoght the food was quite good and the atmosphere is cool.

we ate there in sept and they accept the dining plan now. the service was lacking but oh well, we usually just laugh it off.

Upvote 0

ljs1691

Well, here is my 2-cents on the Yak and Yeti. We (me and dh) ate there in mid Sept this year on the deluxe dining and found it to be one of the surprises of our trip. We waited a few minutes more than normal for our server to greet us but it gave us time to really look the menu over so it was fine with us. Everything after that was wonderful. The food was much better than I expected and the fried wontons/pineapple dessert was truly a highlight of all the desserts for the week. We loved it and will go back again. Yum.

Upvote 0

elabron

It's not that I HATED it.....it's just that the Sweet & Sour chicken was nothing more than the kids chicken nuggets, coated in sauce with a bed of rice. It was quite pathetic.

Now.....the Crispy Honey Chicken? Mmmmmmmmmmmmm. :slurp:

I'll go back......we all liked it. but, I'll NEVER order Sweet and Sour NUGGETS again.

Upvote 0

Phonedave

I have eaten at both, and have to go with Tusker House.

Y&Y is, at least for me, easily the most disappointing dining experence I have had in any WDW location. A menu that looks like it was thrown together with whatever they could get cheap from SYSCO - no rhyme or reason between dishes. The dishes I had are typical Landrys-Rainforest assembly line dreck. Give the customer slop, but give them lots of it, and they will be satisfied. It was just really really bad.

Tusker House on the other hand I enjoyed very much. I also like Shiraz with a lot of pepper in it, and the Goats do Roam Shriaz at Tusker House has beaucoup pepper in it. Food there was pretty good as well. It is a buffet, but then you know that going in, so you set your expectations to that level.

-dave

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom