AK updates- Dinosaur and Everest

parker4fm

It worries me that they are working on the large Ursula animatronic for Mermaid and it is supposed to have more functions than the Yeti. Will Ursula also stop moving over time? OR...maybe once they finish Mermaid they will go back to work on the Yeti...

aladdin2007

The teradayctal was lit last week, in a bright white semi flashing light and was very noticeable. As for the rest of Dinasaur Ive never been so freaked out so my eyes were shut a lot in the second half of the ride, gosh!!!! But I loved it. Was first time in about ten years at AK and I didnt remember it being that intense when the ride first opened? I wouldnt want it any other way though, we hopped right back on.

thecompman

Hey guys, I was at AK yesterday and have not visited the park in a few months, so sorry if this is old news.

While riding Dinosaur I noticed something strange. Now we all know that the Pterodactyl and the compsognathus don't work, and haven't worked in years. But they've always been lit up, despite being stationary. Yesterday, neither of them were. They were mentioned in the ride audio and the sound effects were there, but you couldn't see them at all. As a result, a good chunk of the ride was in total darkness. Is this new? I can't imagine why they would turn the lights off, that's the way they've been for years. Unless they're being worked on, which would be awesome, but that's highly unlikely, right?

As for the Yeti, he was in D mode- D as in darkness. The scene was pitch black.

Both the Pterodactyl and compys were lit when I was there at the end of January. In fact I couldn't believe that I think I saw every dinosaur lit on the ride. Of course neither of them were moving, that might just cause me to fall right out of the truck ;)

Bravo 229

I was at AK last Wednesday and the Yeti was not lit up then. It was my brother-in-law's first time on the ride and I said "Did you see the Yeti?" to which he replied "What yeti?" :hammer:

As for Dinosaur, when we rode it on that same day, the first Carnotaurus was bent over and not lit at all. And the Pterydactyl scene was completely dark. Also, the time "transport" doors were open and pushed to the side as I have seen the last few times I've ridden it. That effect (if not working) really takes the "time travel" feel out of the ride for me. If there are maintenance crews assigned to each specific park, then how hard is it for them to keep a few effects working, especially when they only have a few rides/shows to upkeep in the AK? On a side note, the preshow with Bill Nye was working, which I hadn't seen in years!

lazyboy97o

It worries me that they are working on the large Ursula animatronic for Mermaid and it is supposed to have more functions than the Yeti. Will Ursula also stop moving over time? OR...maybe once they finish Mermaid they will go back to work on the Yeti...
While large, Ursula seems to be a much more conventional figure. The real complexity is apparently Ariel's hair, and I do not think concerns that it may be reduced to limited functionality are completely warranted.

Alektronic

I was at AK last Wednesday and the Yeti was not lit up then. It was my brother-in-law's first time on the ride and I said "Did you see the Yeti?" to which he replied "What yeti?" :hammer:

As for Dinosaur, when we rode it on that same day, the first Carnotaurus was bent over and not lit at all. And the Pterydactyl scene was completely dark. Also, the time "transport" doors were open and pushed to the side as I have seen the last few times I've ridden it. That effect (if not working) really takes the "time travel" feel out of the ride for me. If there are maintenance crews assigned to each specific park, then how hard is it for them to keep a few effects working, especially when they only have a few rides/shows to upkeep in the AK? On a side note, the preshow with Bill Nye was working, which I hadn't seen in years!

There is a maintenance crew at AK that takes care of Dinosaur, Everest, Kali River Rapids, Primeval Whirl, Triceratops Spin. Those are their only responsibilities : Dinoland and Asia. There are 3 shifts mainly mechanics focusing on the rides, show quality come in last. Safety is job#1, but they are not very good at that. Keeping rides running is a priority and for some reason, Primeval Whirl is the top priority.

El-Fuego

Hey guys, I was at AK yesterday and have not visited the park in a few months, so sorry if this is old news.

While riding Dinosaur I noticed something strange. Now we all know that the Pterodactyl and the compsognathus don't work, and haven't worked in years. But they've always been lit up, despite being stationary. Yesterday, neither of them were. They were mentioned in the ride audio and the sound effects were there, but you couldn't see them at all. As a result, a good chunk of the ride was in total darkness. Is this new? I can't imagine why they would turn the lights off, that's the way they've been for years. Unless they're being worked on, which would be awesome, but that's highly unlikely, right?

As for the Yeti, he was in D mode- D as in darkness. The scene was pitch black.

Doyouthinkhesaurus?:lol:

Disneydreamer23

Both the Pterodactyl and compys were lit when I was there at the end of January. In fact I couldn't believe that I think I saw every dinosaur lit on the ride. Of course neither of them were moving, that might just cause me to fall right out of the truck ;)

which dinasour is the COMP? one and wow i have never seen either of these work and I started going again in 2007 wow i guess yeti is never getting fixed as well as these but yet they spend money making child games in front of Winnie the Pooh and Haunted Mansion?

erasure fan1

"D" Mode could stand for any number of things at this stage.

Disco Mode
Dark Mode
Disabled Mode
Disrepair Mode
Dead Mode
Depeche Mode

:lookaroun

I would hope right now though that it is in "Disassemble To Make Way for Yeti 2.0 Mode". But that is doubtful.
Ha! now thats a mode that I wouldnt mind the yeti being in.

GrumpyFan

Any updates? Is he still in the dark?
I have to wonder if the supposed work on the Yeti has anything to do with the lack of evening EMH at AK lately?
I will be there at the end of next week, hopefully there will be something to see.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom