AK Large Construction.

ilikewdw

Original Poster
This was brought up in a different thread, but does anyone know what all of the construction is in the picture I attached??? It's a snapshot from Google Maps and I added the helpful colors.

akpark.jpg

starwood

My idea is if they plan on bringing something like Journey to the Center of the Earth or a new land, then that's where they'll put it!

BrerVeritas

If they were to put a new land back there it would be a significant distance to walk from the entrance. I would think they would fill out the rest of the area before building new back there.

Then again SSE to American Adventure isn't exactly a quick walk either, so who knows.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
My idea is if they plan on bringing something like Journey to the Center of the Earth or a new land, then that's where they'll put it!

Something of that vertical size isnt going to be put right by Everest, all kinds of scale problems. But its certainly a great future expansion point for Asia. :)

whylightbulb

No, no....that stuff's going in over by...wait...what...oh:lookaroun
Lee, I've been watching your posts for a while now. I believe you must have good sources or are involved in the design/build side of the company somewhere. I myself have extremely good sources since I used to work for WDI and Universal Creative. I currently own an entertainment design company that does business with Disney, Universal etc (yes some of us do check these boards).

When I was at WDI I worked on the Disney Sea project. I've asked all those I've kept in touch with (not revealing where I heard this) weather they've been working on, or have heard anything regarding 20K or JTTCE coming to WDW. From the sound of their voice on the phone they must be thinking I'm crazy.

This is either extremely blue sky and hasn't even gone to concept or they are playing this very close to the vest. I'd love to get a piece of that action if it's real. I know you can't say much just as I couldn't about the projects we are working on. I don't think you would purposely start a rumor that didn't have some basis in fact but do you think this has some legs? Is there an estimated timeline?

Lee

Adventurer
I don't think you would purposely start a rumor that didn't have some basis in fact but do you think this has some legs? Is there an estimated timeline?

You're right, I wouldn't.
But, having said that, I can't really go into any detail about what is being looked at for AK. I havn't been given the go-ahead to make what little I know public.
I will say that yes, big stuff is being talked about for AK. Big enough to combat the pesky little wizard over at IOA.

Unplugged

I will say that yes, big stuff is being talked about for AK. Big enough to combat the pesky little wizard over at IOA.

I've never been concerned about a Disney "answer" to the wizard issue as I see the parks as very different venues. But hanging around here for some time now, you've either put a lot of people at ease or "lit the fuse of curiosity". I'll be crouching in my bunker now....good luck with the volley of inquisition you'll be receiving! :lookaroun

Thanks for the info by the way. Early facts like this are great fun for both the rumor mill and our long term interests to know something good is brewing. :sohappy:

whylightbulb

You're right, I wouldn't.
But, having said that, I can't really go into any detail about what is being looked at for AK. I havn't been given the go-ahead to make what little I know public.
Well, I happen to be working on bringing that pesky little wizard to life. But hopefully it will motivate Disney to start some major capital improvements such as a Mysterious Island. I would say the US hasn't really seen a project of that quality and it would certainly have no problem going head to head with Mr. Potter.

brkgnews

No, no....that stuff's going in over by...wait...what...oh:lookaroun

Yeah... that plot of land's way too "upper-right" for a "lower-left" project. :lookaroun

I just wonder will everything happen at once or will we have to "settle" for taking the Saknussemm expedition right away, whilst only having prep for an eventual dry for wet experience?

comics101

I've always thought they should make Beastlie Kingdomme one mega land. Half should be the traditional Unicorn and Dragon thing, and half should be Mysterious Island from TDS.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom