Airtran Fare Sale

I wanted to pass along some good airfare prices I have been finding. Airtran has some really good rates right now. I believe you need to book by March 6. The sale includes dates for this summer. I found other airlines are also matching the fares. I have found great rates out of Milwaukee to Orlando and Tampa. Happy hunting and hope this helps :sohappy:

paul436

I wanted to pass along some good airfare prices I have been finding. Airtran has some really good rates right now. I believe you need to book by March 6. The sale includes dates for this summer. I found other airlines are also matching the fares. I have found great rates out of Milwaukee to Orlando and Tampa. Happy hunting and hope this helps :sohappy:
The one time that I flew on AirTran I had such a bad experience that I will never fly with them again. I would pay extra to go with someone else.

Upvote 0

elizs77

FYI - I've also been able to find great rates on Southwest to MCO. Three of us are flying for a grand total of $450, and that includes all the taxes and fees. It's hard to find anything around here for less than $200 a ticket. So, $150 total pp is awesome!!

Upvote 0

tigsmom

Flown AirTran numerous times to Orlando and Tampa and never had a problem. They have an email service that alerts you to all the sales.
I like them because I can fly from my regional airport non stop and since I hate to fly the shorter the trip the better.

Upvote 0

Shere_Khan

The one time that I flew on AirTran I had such a bad experience that I will never fly with them again. I would pay extra to go with someone else.

I have heard bad things about them. My one friend lost his luggage both ways. It might have been bad luck but man I felt bad for him.

This makes me nervous because I just booked with them for my October trip, and I am hoping that they are ok. I found a good price through them so I booked the trip. If anyone can elaborate on the problems that would be much appreciated.

Upvote 0

Tiggerfanatic

We flew Air Tran last December, and had no problems. They even gave us headphones for satellite radio - which was wonderful because I didn't hear the crying baby until I took the earphones out when we landed. I would have no hesitation on using them again.

Upvote 0
Several family members have flown AirTran and never had a problem ;) We're flying it in June - round trip tickets from Milwaukee, WI for $180 per person...AWESOME! :)

Upvote 0

sissa216

This makes me nervous because I just booked with them for my October trip, and I am hoping that they are ok. I found a good price through them so I booked the trip. If anyone can elaborate on the problems that would be much appreciated.

I don't fly often...every other year or so- but about the past
5 or 6 trips I've only used Airtran, and have had wonderful
service, no problems with baggage, great prices, etc.
I just booked them yesterday, actually, for my September
trip (79 each way for the two of us)...I know the prices will
likely be that low or slightly lower again closer to September,
but with my luck, I didn't want to chance it, so I grabbed them!!

I'm afraid to go check them out today :hammer:
Edit: ok, still the same price, I'm good lol

Upvote 0

Shere_Khan

I know what you mean, I booked last month for October because I thought, well I can live with this price I might as well go with it.
I know of course the closer it gets there will probably be cheaper rates, but I just did not want to chance it.
Thanks for the good reviews. I am feeling a bit better now. I have never booked a flight before so I was very nervous about doing it.

Do you think I should pay the extra and reserve my seats now, or what do you normally do?

Upvote 0

sissa216

Do you think I should pay the extra and reserve my seats now, or what do you normally do?

I've never had a problem checking in online or even at the airport,
and being able to choose a decent seat then :shrug:
(but then again, we're only two people)
But I think its only $5, and if it's worth it to you for peace of mind,
then I'd say go for it!

Upvote 0

tigsmom

I know what you mean, I booked last month for October because I thought, well I can live with this price I might as well go with it.
I know of course the closer it gets there will probably be cheaper rates, but I just did not want to chance it.
Thanks for the good reviews. I am feeling a bit better now. I have never booked a flight before so I was very nervous about doing it.

We always do because that way we know that we can all sit together in an area of the plane we like.

Upvote 0

Shere_Khan

I've never had a problem checking in online or even at the airport,
and being able to choose a decent seat then :shrug:
(but then again, we're only two people)
But I think its only $5, and if it's worth it to you for peace of mind,
then I'd say go for it!

Well we have 4 people, and I guess I am not really concerned if all four of us sit together. But it would be nice if we could at least be two and two next to each other somewhere.
I am still thinking about it.

Upvote 0

thrupaytonseyes

Edit: ok, still the same price, I'm good lol

If the price goes down after you book call Airtran and they will put a credit for the difference into your name to be used on your next flight. The credit is good for up to a year. Depending on the agent you get they will deduct $5 from the credit for using the phone instead of the internet. Of course, you can't get a credit using the internet so you are stuck calling! But it still worked out well for us in Sept when the flight went from $79 to $59. My mom didn't get charged the $5 fee when she called but I did!

For what it is worth we have had pretty good luck with Airtran and we have flown them about 5 times. Our Sept flight to Orlando was cancelled and we had to take the next flight 5 hours later. But to make up for it we were given 1 roundtrip ticket each. So now we are flying to WDW in April fir free!!!!!

Upvote 0

coasterphil

I've had bad experiences with every airline, so I don't even bother differentiating between them anymore. Don't worry about booking with Airtran. Whichever one offers the cheapest ticket and best time is what I go with.

Upvote 0

sittle

Airtran Fan here!!

Flown three times on AirTran, with a large group and we can't complain! Never lost any luggage, never any major hassles...

I know Paul and Bgraham had some issues there, but I do believe they hold the current record for least amount of baggage lost ... at least they did when I saw the report before christmas... it was a consumer review that released the ratings and I think it was broadcasted on CNN....

Upvote 0

FBullock

I come to Orlando at least twice a year on Air Tran with no problems. In last 12 months, I have about 5 r/t on Air Tran with no problems.

Was in WDW in Dec. when my father passed away and had to get back. AirTran worked with me to get me, my wife and daughters back home at a reasonable rate. I don't worry about pre-assigned seats. We've never had a problem.

Upvote 0

sissa216

If the price goes down after you book call Airtran and they will put a credit for the difference into your name to be used on your next flight. The credit is good for up to a year. Depending on the agent you get they will deduct $5 from the credit for using the phone instead of the internet. Of course, you can't get a credit using the internet so you are stuck calling! But it still worked out well for us in Sept when the flight went from $79 to $59. My mom didn't get charged the $5 fee when she called but I did!

For what it is worth we have had pretty good luck with Airtran and we have flown them about 5 times. Our Sept flight to Orlando was cancelled and we had to take the next flight 5 hours later. But to make up for it we were given 1 roundtrip ticket each. So now we are flying to WDW in April fir free!!!!!

Here's what I did, and after thinking about it, I could kick myself:
I found the rates, then called Disney to switch my dates
before booking the flight (sat-sat instead of sun-sun).
She asked (as usual) if I would like help finding flights, and I said why not.
She found the exact same flights I did, at the same rates,
so I said why not just have it all booked and done through Disney.
Now I look back and think, what if that does happen, can I still call
Airtran and get that credit? I don't think it was wise to let Disney
have control of my reservation, since now I have no confirmation # for Airtran...

Upvote 0

Cole'sMom

We have flown both Airtran and NW. NW was a nightmare and Airtran was fabulous!!! They took off a few mins early, got us to MCO early, offered refills on the plane and extra pretzels! They were kind, courteous and did everything they could to make us comfortable. I would highly recommend them to anyone flying. They have fantastic fares and clean planes. Sometimes it pays off to fly a smaller airline.

Upvote 0

smk

I just flew AirTran for a vacation to Vegas and I totally agree....I will NEVER fly them again. I felt like the plane was going to fall apart, it was dirty, trash on the floor and in the seat pockets, they never stopped selling drinks to a party of drunken men who were loud and obnoxious, and did nothing to shut them up. Yesterday we waited an hour to check in, they were poorly staffed and always late. I will pay extra to avoid them at all costs.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom