AirTran anyone? Reviews?

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
Thinking about booking a flight through AirTran - has anyone else flown them? Good, Bad, Otherwise?

Whoops - wrong forum - can someone move this for me please?

jjgoo

I have to go with the people who go I'm never flying them again. We flew with them this past September and were delayed for 5 hours because the flight crew did not show up.

On the way home we were going from gate to gate as they changed where the plane was going to park. But I really feel sorry for the people who had to sit on the runway for an hour to get off the plane while they figured out which gate they were going to use.

The small discount is not worth it to me. However, if it is a difference of a $300 ticket and a $600 ticket I would probably overlook the past problems and try them again. Fortunately in the NYC area there is enough competition to keep the prices reasonable.

Upvote 0

StingraySam

I have flown AirTran several times and never have had any problems. In addition, similar to my Disney Visa I have an AirTran Visa that awards points. I currently have enough for 1 free one-way flight in the U.S. and currently getting close to an other one-way flight. The only problem I have is deciding on which card to use.

Upvote 0

too far

I have not had any problems with AirTran. In fact, using them to fly down in October for cruise and in December to WDW. Good flight times, cheap rates ($72 each way nonstop)!:)

Upvote 0

y2jb78

I try to use Airtran whenever I can going from Philly to FL. The planes are always clean, crew is always pleasant and flights are usually early (sometimes that can't be helped of course). I've tried most other airlines coming out of Philly and Airtran is honestly the best. It doesn't even have anything to do with price as they are comparable to the other airlines. It's always the most pleasant and least stressful flight. And like someone else said, if you get there early you can usually upgrade to business class for $30-$50 which is nice.

Upvote 0

disneygirl1

I have to agree with the majority, I have flown AirTran for the last several years to Orlando and have had good experiences each time. We leave from Philly and are usually able to get really good deals. I have my fingers crossed that the rates will come down some for my upcoming December trip! It is definitely an added bonus too that they are a participating airline w/ME!

Upvote 0

natalia1681

I would recommend AirTran (but with a few strings attached ;)).

Like others have said, they are a value airline and you often get what you pay for. I have had frustrating experiences with their customer service, but have gotten my problems resolved eventually.

That being said, I have flown AirTran several times before and will be flying them again in September:wave:

Upvote 0

Craig & Lisa

Have flown them a number of times and have really no complaints, but from Jersey they have a layover in atlanta so your trip can be as long as 7 hours but still it's shorter than driving.

Upvote 0

TTATraveler

I flew AirTran once from Orlando to Philly with no problems. Having XM radio at your seat is a definite plus. For the "lower cost" airlines, I still prefer JetBlue, eventhough their prices aren't always the cheapest.

Upvote 0

sam-eliza

It's great to read the positive reviews...

We just booked a round-trip flight with AirTran for January 2009 - four seats each way, $786. And, we have already picked our seats on both flights via the website so I don't have to worry about that either! I'm crossing my fingers.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom