Airport?

Pongo

Original Poster
This may be a really stupid question, but what is the closest airport to DL? Is it LAX? Because looking at a map... it doesn't seem like that's the case.

Madison

Burbank is another option, though I think it's furthest. Though, if you're not flying into Long Beach/John Wayne, the commute to DLR kinda sucks no matter where you're coming from.

I flew into LAX this past May and the shuttle to the resort took about an hour with three stops coming before mine. That was without traffic. The ride back took nearly twice that with no stops because of traffic.

Pongo

Original Poster
Madison said:
Burbank is another option, though I think it's furthest. Though, if you're not flying in Long Beach (John Wayne), the commute to DLR kinda sucks no matter where you're coming from.

I flew into LAX this past May and the shuttle the resort took about an hour with three stops coming before mine. That was without traffic. The ride back took nearly twice that with no stops because of traffic.

Hmm. Okay.

I'm planning for a future graduation gift to myself.

I need as much park time as I can get :lol:

What is the three letter code for John Wayne? Does anyone know?

Madison

Pongo said:
Hmm. Okay.

I'm planning for a future graduation gift to myself.

I need as much park time as I can get :lol:

What is the three letter code for John Wayne? Does anyone know?

John Wayne is SNA.
Long Beach is LGB.
Los Angeles International is LAX.
Ontario is ONT.
Burbank is BUR.

Also, in case you're curious, five days is a bit too much time to spend in Disneyland :p I know from experience.

kal1484

We flew into LAX from Orlando, got to Cali around 10, got the car from Budget I believe, and we were in the park in no time. We didn't have ANY traffic!

Madison

wdwprincess03 said:
We flew into LAX from Orlando, got to Cali around 10, got the car from Budget I believe, and we were in the park in no time. We didn't have ANY traffic!

The opposite side of the coin, though, is the 2.5 hours I spent driving from Santa Clarita to Anaheim in LA traffic. Most traffic isn't as bad as many would have you believe, but LA traffic really does live up to the legend. A friend's company flies it workers from near San Diego to Palmdale on a private jet rather than have them waste the time driving the 90 miles. It's that bad.

BRER STITCH

When you get to John Wayne Airport, you can take SUPERSHUTTLE right to your hotel.

Be sure to call or go online and make reservations in advance.

http://www.supershuttle.com/htm/cities/ont.htm

As I mentioned in another thread somewhere, if you've got at least 4 people, pay the extra $10 or so for a "private" shuttle, which will take ONLY your party DIRECTLY to your hotel. Otherwise, as with all shuttles, you may have to make a few other stops first, and wait til your shuttle is filled before they send it from the airport. Same thing on the return trip - we had our own "private" shuttle. It really made the trip go smoothly!

TTATraveler

SNA is a great airport and 1 of my favorite airports. It will take about 20 minutes to get to DL if there is no traffic. I used SupperShuttle from SNA and it was pretty efficient. I think it was $10 each way plus gratuity.

TP2000

John Wayne is the most convenient airport to Disneyland by far.

Long Beach is next, then Ontario. Ontario is a very modern, clean airport, but it's a ways out in the Inland Empire and if you hit the freeways at rush hour it can be quite a drive to Orange County. But John Wayne is very close, very efficient, modern, attractive, well designed and friendly.

The worst thing you could do is to try and fly into LAX. LAX is massive, overcrowded, ugly, decaying, rife with crime and scam artists in baggage claim and curbside, located in a very unsafe part of town, and horribly clogged with traffic. Did I mention it's also one of the ugliest airport facilities in the country? Flying in to LAX is a death wish. Avoid it like the plague. :eek:

cherrynegra

I've flown into Long Beach. I usually drive down but wanted to avoid the hassle. Cab ride to DL is a flat fee of $35. From a Disney hotel to the Long Beach airport, they'll give you a coupon for a cab that was about, I think, $45. I'm sure there were cheaper options. I flew JetBlue into Long Beach.

Pongo

Original Poster
TP2000 said:
John Wayne is the most convenient airport to Disneyland by far.

Long Beach is next, then Ontario. Ontario is a very modern, clean airport, but it's a ways out in the Inland Empire and if you hit the freeways at rush hour it can be quite a drive to Orange County. But John Wayne is very close, very efficient, modern, attractive, well designed and friendly.

The worst thing you could do is to try and fly into LAX. LAX is massive, overcrowded, ugly, decaying, rife with crime and scam artists in baggage claim and curbside, located in a very unsafe part of town, and horribly clogged with traffic. Did I mention it's also one of the ugliest airport facilities in the country? Flying in to LAX is a death wish. Avoid it like the plague. :eek:

You've officially scared out of flying into LAX :lol:

Looks my choice is John Wayne. Thanks everyone for the great advice! :wave:

G2-4T

Does Airport Bus [I believe that was the name] still run to John Wayne? If so they were a good alt. to SuperShuttle and certainly more comfortable in a huge bus vs. a small van. You just had to time it right. Good choice on flying into John Wayne - that is a nice little airport...

TP2000

Pongo said:
Looks my choice is John Wayne. Thanks everyone for the great advice! :wave:

Bravo. You're a very smart person. Look for the big statue of The Duke, John Wayne himself, in the atrium just beyond baggage claim. Welcome to Orange County!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom