Airport?

MickeyTigg

Madison said:
Burbank is another option, though I think it's furthest. Though, if you're not flying into Long Beach/John Wayne, the commute to DLR kinda sucks no matter where you're coming from.

I flew into LAX this past May and the shuttle to the resort took about an hour with three stops coming before mine. That was without traffic. The ride back took nearly twice that with no stops because of traffic.

We flew into John Wayne June of 2005....less than 30 minutes from pick up to the Grand California Hotel.

MickeyTigg

BRER STITCH said:
When you get to John Wayne Airport, you can take SUPERSHUTTLE right to your hotel.

Be sure to call or go online and make reservations in advance.

http://www.supershuttle.com/htm/cities/ont.htm

As I mentioned in another thread somewhere, if you've got at least 4 people, pay the extra $10 or so for a "private" shuttle, which will take ONLY your party DIRECTLY to your hotel. Otherwise, as with all shuttles, you may have to make a few other stops first, and wait til your shuttle is filled before they send it from the airport. Same thing on the return trip - we had our own "private" shuttle. It really made the trip go smoothly!

Totally agree....we used them, got a private shuttle and it went fine.

I have flown into both LAX and SNA. If I want a non-stop, I get LAX. I have nver been able to get a non-stop from coast to coast into SNA. Yes, SNA is a nicer airport, but I certainly didn't think LAX was that bad. But I am from a big city, so maybe it's just me.

When we go to DL next month, we fly into SNA, meet a friend from PA at same & drive to DL (got a great rate from national). It is faster, and less expensive than the shuttle in our case. We are also planning on going to a resturant in LA and to visit my friend's son's new house in the Hollywood Hills, so the car is a must.

Saving for gas.....:)

MainSt1993

golden redhead said:
I have flown into both LAX and SNA. If I want a non-stop, I get LAX. I have nver been able to get a non-stop from coast to coast into SNA. Yes, SNA is a nicer airport, but I certainly didn't think LAX was that bad. But I am from a big city, so maybe it's just me.

I grew up in the area, and have tried flying into most of the LA area airports from the east coast (Long Beach -LGB, Orange County -SNA, and Ontario -ONT). With the exception of LGB, they all have nice terminals. LGB's gimmic is that it's so small. I prefer LAX for several reasons: non-stop flights, constant flights, and better rental cars (for when you want to pamper yourself!). Detractors often site crowds, long lines, etc. First, I'd remind them of online check-in, plus the check-in kiosks at the airport. There's never a line for that! Also, when I flew back to DC on July 5th this summer, there litterally was no-one in front of me at security.

Also, it's pretty taking off over the Pacific. :king:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom