Airport to boot Disney greeters

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
yes, but I do believe in staying in the present.... 30 years ago, Orlando owed everything to Disney, but nowadays, most Orlandoans consider Disney to be the bane of its existance.

Thrawn

Account Suspended
mkt said:
yes, but I do believe in staying in the present.... 30 years ago, Orlando owed everything to Disney, but nowadays, most Orlandoans consider Disney to be the bane of its existance.

Which has what to do with this topic?

You said yourself that most conventions have nothing to do with WDW. Therefore, the livery services are losing none of their convention-goers to DME.

mkt

Premium Member
I felt it was a valid reply to your post, which I quote:

Thrawn said:
But Orlando would have never come to its "present state" without WDW.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
mkt said:
In Orlando's present state, I could see it happening. The majority of conventioneers spend $0 at WDW unless the convention is renting out space on Disney property, but that hasn't been happening as much as it used to.

Really? I guess no one told that to the current slate of buy-outs and space-renters Disney has lined up. I do agree the convention use has gone down since the Institute went the way of the Dodo, but to say Disney has no allure or business would be far from the truth.

saltmom1

Scooter said:
Frankly, this whole "FREE MAGICAL EXPRESS" thing makes me nervous. :lookaroun

Since when does Disney do ANYTHING for free for very long?

I think it's all about the almighty $$$'s

When Disney drives all or most of the Limo and other bus services out of business, and the number of taxi's dwindle to a small number because of Disneys "Free" services, I think "FREE" Disney buses will be gone and Disney will charge a hefty fee to bus their guests to their respective resorts.

I was told as a child...if it's seems too good to be true..it probably is.

Aren't the room rates going up by like $ 15/day next year ? This is Disney's way of recouping some of the money spent on DME.
I agree that the livery people should just stop their whining. It's their own fault if they have their business based that heavily on Disney that they are going to be seriously hurting because of DME

mkt

Premium Member
mousermerfbut to say Disney has no allure or business would be far from the truth.[/QUOTE said:
Disney has allure to conventioneers with a day to kill and a car, which is not the majority of them... if any of them go out, it's usually to Citywalk or Downtown Orlando. And not once did I say Disney has no allure for them... they still do get some convention business, but nowhere near as much as they used to (Except maybe the adventurers club which seems to have at least one private event every other week nowadays). I stand by what I say, no matter what you have to reply to me.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Okay, but the Calendar really is full. Contemporary, all of PI, MGM particularly and AK too all do very well for convention business. MK and Epcot, not as much, but they do still have events.

As for allure - Disney restaurants like Cali Grill, Yatchsman, Vic/Albs, etc.. do business meetings and meals for offsiters doing schmoozey meetings on a regular basis.

mkt

Premium Member
Disney is an inconvenient location for most conventioneers, since it's not close to the main convention drag and the area hotels/Ritz Carlton. The few conventioneers that rent a car and have an eveninig off MAY attempt to go, but most don't. Most will eat at Seasons 52 or Charley's Steak House and stay close to the area.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom