Airfare changing anyone else's plans?

captainkidd

Our trip is booked and all paid for, except for return airfare. I'm seriously considering canceling this summer though. Airfare is through the roof. We live near Boston and have 3 airports to fly from. Flight down cost $1,000 for the 5 of us. Flight back is gonna run us even more.

I just can't stomach what the oil companies are doing to the economy. Literally, choking it to death. I'm feeling like part of the problem if I contribute to this insanity. The government tells us we need to put money into the economy to get it back on track. How can we do that when it costs $3.60 for a gallon of gas, or it costs a family of 5 over $2,000 to fly to Orlando? To think, just 3 years ago, we could all fly to Orlando for about $600 round trip.

princess noel

We thought it was going to ruin our trip, but I checked regularly and got a deal on Continental.com from Oregon to Orlando for $167 with tax. There are 5 of us and $300+ was not an option this year! It was on a Tuesday and only lasted that day so I guess they have fluke specials that run!

Upvote 0

PlaneJane

In the Parks
No
In two weeks using allegiant air it was around 110 a person. We are going to have to rent a minivan to get everyone from sanford to the boardwalk, but i was going to need to rent something anyways. Still way cheaper than delta and there is no layover in atlanta.

Upvote 0

minnie2000

(minnie2000 -I don't think we will be able to visit WDW for a long time. DD is nearly 14, and we can't take her out of school any more. Flights to Orlando from Gatwick, for the 4 of us in August would cost £5700. :eek::( And that's just the flights, we need to add the hotel, food, car hire and insurance and park tickets)

Have you considered flying indirectly - we took Aer Lingus via Dublin last year no complaints from us excellent all round - for 4 adults in August 2011 £3500 from Birmingham - they also fly from Cardiff - could give you £1200 for hotel etc

Thanks - I'll have a look at that. :)

Upvote 0

TheMatrix1331

I booked our trip about a month a half ago and got great airfare deals through JetBlue. From Newark to Orlando roundtrip I got $185 a person including tax. I'm so glad I booked early!

Upvote 0

ShookieJones

We need time for things to happen.
600.00 Round trip for 5 of you! Wow that's amazing!!

We've been going for 5 years straight (this year makes 6).

Although I've never had them that low, I feel lucky that we've paid an average of about 1000.00 round trip for 4 of us.

This year we got a great deal for 950.00 for the 4 of us round trip.

1000.00 one way is rough, but as other have mentioned...
we're (you, me, and anyone else going this year) LUCKY to be heading
anywhere this year let alone WDW! wooHOO can't wait. :D

That's with getting the earliest flight going out and an evening flight on the way back, usually the most popular ones.

Upvote 0

redfive13

Ugh I know what your saying. We are from Western Mass and are thinking about going this August but plane tickets are outrageous!
We are also a family of five, trying to fly out from either Logan or Bradley.

Try Southwest out of Providence. I'm searching for airfare out of the same airports for later this month and the tux down were only $92 each way. Same flight from Logan... $242!!!!

Upvote 0

disneygirl1

I booked our trip about a month a half ago and got great airfare deals through JetBlue. From Newark to Orlando roundtrip I got $185 a person including tax. I'm so glad I booked early!

Looks like we both luck out on air fare... We booked our airfare with Air Tran and from Philly to Orlando round trip cost $178 a person last month... Now the same flights we booked a month ago are over $213 each way!!! :eek:

When are you heading down?

Upvote 0

redfive13

I just got killed on the airfare. $900+ for 3 roundtrip tix from Boston to Orlando on JetBlue. I tried to book Southwest, but the flight times weren't working for us... I like how my last minute "cheap" trip to WDW is costing the same as my regular trips. I wasn't expecting it to go this way...

Upvote 0

Disney05

Still waiting to book the return flight from Orlando the end of May. I Ignored the $99 fare on Southwest now it's $144. Hoping for a good Ding! in the next two months.

Upvote 0

Korfar

Try Disney for airfare. A friend at work was looking at Air Tran and it was $285 per person round trip in thier own website. After she called Disney to make some changes she asked about airfare through them. She booked the same flight for $190 a person through Disney. Almost $100 less per person.

Upvote 0

TheMatrix1331

Looks like we both luck out on air fare... We booked our airfare with Air Tran and from Philly to Orlando round trip cost $178 a person last month... Now the same flights we booked a month ago are over $213 each way!!! :eek:

When are you heading down?

We'll be there from May 17th to 23rd at CBR. Can't wait till i'm sitting on that plane heading to Orlando!!

Upvote 0

Uncle Lupe

It's not changing our plans, we just planned ahead for the price. I'm not happy paying $900 round trip for three non-stop. With limited vacation time (7 days in a row at best) and traveling with a 2.5 year old I'll pay the extra for the convenience. I could save money even with higher fuel prices and staying in a hotel for a night each way by driving. That much time in a car with my little girl would just be to much of a good thing. :ROFLOL:Also less time at Disney.

I checked our tickets again and they have jumped to $1103.73 and our flights not until Oct.

Upvote 0

Pioneer Hall

Try Disney for airfare. A friend at work was looking at Air Tran and it was $285 per person round trip in thier own website. After she called Disney to make some changes she asked about airfare through them. She booked the same flight for $190 a person through Disney. Almost $100 less per person.

Interesting. Disney just gets their airfare straight from the airlines I believe when they package it together. I'm curious as to how the price was that much cheaper.

Upvote 0

Soarin Fan

I booked airfare through Disney for our upcoming September trip for 369.00 roundtrip for both of us from Dayton to Orlando. The same flight on AirTran's website as of two days ago was 550.00.
I have booked airfare through Disney in the past but it was the same price or close to AirTran's website, I don't know what the difference is now.

Upvote 0

PolynesianPrincess

We booked our airfare for May back in January. We live in Portland, ME which has an airport but it's usually expensive ($280 round-trip in May) and we're about an hour and a half from Boston, which didn't have anything cheaper. We also tried Manchester, NH on Southwest but they were over $300/pp. We finally booked Providence, RI to Tampa for $167 including tax per person. We have family outside of Providence so they're going to bring us to the airport and pick us up. It's about a 3 hour drive but when you're saving over a hundred dollars per person, it's worth it. Plus we get to see some of our family as we are driving down Friday night to leave Saturday AM (bright an early, might I add... 6:20am flight!!) Those same flights have now gone up to almost $300/pp!!! We got a great deal.

The return flight was a day earlier than we wanted to come home but we figured for the price and time we'd take it (5:15pm, so we'd get some of the day at least) Returning on Sunday would have brought the flight from $167 per person to $245 per person, plus an additional nights hotel stay for a 7am flight. To us it just wasn't worth it to stay the extra 12 hours just to be sleeping most of the time. Well, we received an email from US Airways saying there had been a change in the return flight time from 5:15pm to 3pm.. Almost 2 hours earlier! That killed any plans we'd had for the day so I called US Airways and told them that wouldnt work for us and they ended up booking us on a flight to come home Sunday instead of Saturday at no charge. So we get to have the full Saturday and paid the $167 price. The only bad thing is the 7:50am flight home.. ugh!!

Upvote 0

emcclay

We were planning on flying SW in October. But, when I checked the price the other day my jaw dropped! Got our tickets on jetBlue for a significantly cheaper amount than SW.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom