Air Tran Anyone?

yensid67

Original Poster
In planning my DECEMBER 2011, I have found a cheaper package through Travelocity. My question is a simple one, has anyone flown with Air Tran before? Was it a good flight? Comfortable? what are the seats like, etc!!!

As always, Thanks for your help!

Will
:wave: from PA!

Hrudey3032

I have flown Airtran on a regular basis since 2005. The seats are quite comfy to me(I am 6-1 330) and the flights are usually smooth and on time. That is my experiences of course but just like anything else others have had issues with Airtran while I have not. I won't fly another airline unless someone comes out with a really cheap deal which I have yet to find.(under $150 RT which is about what I usually pay for RT from Indy-Orlando)

Hrudey3032

I also meant to add that Airtran in a recent survey was rated very high by travelers and rated #1 in efficiency with getting bags to the travelers the fastest and by not losing luggage. I will try to find the link as it was on one of our local news media's websites.

Here it mentions Airtran and Southwest.
http://www.wthr.com/Global/story.asp?S=12299244

yensid67

Original Poster
I also meant to add that Airtran in a recent survey was rated very high by travelers and rated #1 in efficiency with getting bags to the travelers the fastest and by not losing luggage. I will try to find the link as it was on one of our local news media's websites.

Here it mentions Airtran and Southwest.
http://www.wthr.com/Global/story.asp?S=12299244

Thanks HRUDLEY! :sohappy:

I appreciate your input! I WAS looking at using Allegiant or Southwest, but after this report and searching the net, I have found that AirTran will prolly be the best flight...and they include freee soda and snacks!!!! :ROFLOL:

I also found that if you go to AirTran site and book your flight, its cheaper!!!! I was going through Travelocity for 2 and got a F/H/C package for $959.52, BUT if I did separate ressies I would be spending $563.49 for the H/C and $278.80 for the Flight making that $842.29...SAVING $117.23!!! Granted, we will have to pay for baggage, but still a nice savings of $100.00!!!

Have a Magical Day!

Will

shadsdad

Booked Airtran flights for a Late July trip to Florida. Airtran cancelled my original flights and rebooked them and have changed the flight times 6 times since I booked the flights in January. I usually fly Southwest but Airtran was so much cheaper this time so I booked with them. Will see how it goes with the flight.

harveyt0206

We have flown Airtran multiple times and have always had great service. Only once was our flight delayed and it was on our return flight, so we didn't mind too much. I have no problem in recommending them to others.

tigsmom

We love flying Air Tran, but unfortunately, they have left our local airport. :(
We've never had a bad trip or a problem with them.

yensid67

Original Poster

:sohappy:Thank You!:sohappy:

To all your input, SO FAR! I am very much SOLD on AirTran with no reservations! The FREE SODA and SNACK aspect helps to! :ROFLOL: I just hope they continue to have good prices through 2011!

Just as an FYI:

I found that if you want to save money, plan your trip (Hotel & Car) with Travelocity and then go to airtran.com and reserve Flight. I have saved $117.00 so far!

Skylinecar1982

Had two flights on the airline before. Nothing special. The planes looked to be peiced together from a couple other airplanes. It just seemed really cheap. With that said don't remember being comfortable or uncomfortable. Just your basic airline. They defiantly have older planes in their fleet but so don't all US airlines.

yensid67

Original Poster
My Apologies...

:( I just did alot more research with AirTan and found that it IS NOT a better deal from Allegiant Air!!!!:shrug:

:eek:I found that booking a flight/hotel/car/ 3 day park tickets for 2...

Comfort Inn LBV, Allegiant Air Round trip, 3 Day Tickets (free upgrade
to 4 day Tickets), Alamo Rental Car...

I even get to fly out of my hometown and non stop flight right to Sanford Airport and save $$ on travelling to a major airport!

Only $1481.18!!!!

By the time I purchase the tickets separate, I would be spending near $2,000.00! So if you are looking for airline advice. I would say check out Aleegiant Air (if they are an option in your area)

But whatever kind of airline you are thinking about using, just try to find alternative airlines at cheaper prices in or near your area. It may save you a $100.00 or more!!!!!

Will

Hrudey3032

Had two flights on the airline before. Nothing special. The planes looked to be peiced together from a couple other airplanes. It just seemed really cheap. With that said don't remember being comfortable or uncomfortable. Just your basic airline. They defiantly have older planes in their fleet but so don't all US airlines.

Well they haven't had a crash in their history so pieced together or not that is good for me :ROFLOL: but seriously maybe it is just the Airtran planes I have been on but we have always found them clean and well taken care of. It could also be they fly heavily out of Indy so they want to look good.The color scheme on the plane and logo is boring but again when I can get round trip for under $175 every trip then I am quite happy.

As far as Allegiant we don't have them flying out of Indy to Orlando at all so I have no clue on their service. The airline I hate is Southwest.Never had much fun on their flights and they seem so much more cramped.

SAV

The only reason I'm not flying AirTran this trip is because I could get better flight times from Midwest/Frontier for the same price. Otherwise I haven't had a problem with AirTran the last couple of times we've flown them. Nice planes and great service.

kstella

I have flown Air Tran consistently for the last few years, ever since Midwest announced that they were going to give up on leisure travel and concentrate on business travel. Seats are average airline seats, but flights tend to leave on time. My problem with Air Tran, and I'm not sure if other airlines do this, is that if you want to reserve specific seats there's a charge for that. For me that means extra charges for seats and for checked bags, so sometimes the great deal turns out to be not such a great deal.

chwilson88

I guess I'm in the minority, but I had a bad experience with them and won't fly them again. We were delayed due to a "mechancial problem" and the flight never left (was cancelled after a long 5 hour wait) and so they gave out some hotel vouchers but conveniently ran out by the time they got to us...they told us we were on our own with no flights til morning (i.e., had to sleep in airport or pay our own hotel)....luckily another nice couple gave us their voucher since they had two and only needed one. The airline didnt care about us not having anywhere to go (unfamilar area for us), so I vowed never to fly them again.

DVCOwner

A Long Time DVC Member
Well they haven't had a crash in their history so pieced together or not that is good for me :ROFLOL: but seriously maybe it is just the Airtran planes I have been on but we have always found them clean and well taken care of. It could also be they fly heavily out of Indy so they want to look good.The color scheme on the plane and logo is boring but again when I can get round trip for under $175 every trip then I am quite happy.

As far as Allegiant we don't have them flying out of Indy to Orlando at all so I have no clue on their service. The airline I hate is Southwest.Never had much fun on their flights and they seem so much more cramped.

Not ture they never had a crash. The Airline was under a derferent name (ValuJet Airline), had a crash in Fl and than purchased AirTran so it could fly under a differnent name.

Also, AirTran recently left Charleston, SC leaving 1,000's of people that booked with AirTran with only refunds on thier tickets. Many having to rebook with other airlines ended up sending big bucks to get where they wher going. Many claim that AirTran continued booking flights months after the airline had already planned on pulling out of Charleston.

I flew them before, but would not again if I had another choice.

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Not ture they never had a crash. The Airline was under a derferent name (ValuJet Airline), had a crash in Fl and than purchased AirTran so it could fly under a differnent name.
Sort of.

After the crash, they merged with the smaller Airtran and kept Airtran's name and FAA license.

So Airtran NEVER has had a crash, but one of the previous carriers that it merged with did under a different license.

DVCOwner

A Long Time DVC Member
Sort of.

After the crash, they merged with the smaller Airtran and kept Airtran's name and FAA license.

So Airtran NEVER has had a crash, but one of the previous carriers that it merged with did under a different license.

I think it is the other way around - here is what is posted on Wilipedia:

"ValuJet Airlines was an American low-cost carrier, headquartered in unincorporated Clayton County, Georgia,[1] that operated regularly scheduled domestic and international flights in the Eastern United States and Canada[2] during the 1990s. After a series of safety problems and the fatal crash of ValuJet Flight 592, the company executed a reverse merger with the much smaller regional airline AirWays Corp., now known as AirTran Holdings; thus, ValuJet now operates as AirTran Airways."

From all I read about the merge, it was done to get a new name for an airline that was going under.

yensid67

Original Poster
i have flown airtran on a regular basis since 2005. The seats are quite comfy to me(i am 6-1 330) and the flights are usually smooth and on time. That is my experiences of course but just like anything else others have had issues with airtran while i have not. I won't fly another airline unless someone comes out with a really cheap deal which i have yet to find.(under $150 rt which is about what i usually pay for rt from indy-orlando)

hrudey...check your private message!!!!(5/8/2010)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom